WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 10:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 68601 times)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: September 27, 2022, 04:30:19 PM »

Wait what?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #826 on: September 27, 2022, 04:31:30 PM »

Wait what?

Safe R > Likely D
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #827 on: September 27, 2022, 04:43:05 PM »

The Marcus Flowers comparison is dumb because people are basing it off of financial reports that are from June, two months before Barnes even won the primary.

And Flowers is definitely just getting unsuspecting resistance $$$ and has been for a while. I've seen his ads pop up constantly on Instagram. People who don't know any better think he legitimately has a chance at beating MTG.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #828 on: September 27, 2022, 04:45:18 PM »

Honestly if the gop did a more extreme crack of Atlanta Suburbs and tried to sink Atlanta to just 3 Dem seats, it may have been theoretically possible to knock Greene out but even though the district takes in a few swingy areas of Cobb it’ll never be enough to outvote the rest of the district.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #829 on: September 27, 2022, 05:18:52 PM »

Marcus Flowers has consistently outraised every other House candidate in Georgia this year, and it might make him lose by 30% instead of 40.  Although (as Adam Griffin, I think, pointed out) it's not a complete waste of money.  If he turns out more Democratic votes than usual in the 14th, it helps in the statewide races.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #830 on: September 27, 2022, 09:48:31 PM »

Wait what?

Donors, like voters, are not rational.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #831 on: September 28, 2022, 09:44:36 AM »

Tossup remains tossup

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #832 on: September 28, 2022, 09:57:40 AM »

Tossup remains tossup

I am guessing they also were sure they wouldn’t vote for Trump in 2016?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #833 on: September 28, 2022, 10:44:32 AM »

Tossup remains tossup

As sure as you were when you were stanning Molinaro and Brad Finstad like you were a 14 year old girl at a Kpop concert.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #834 on: September 28, 2022, 11:10:36 AM »

Tossup remains tossup

As sure as you were when you were stanning Molinaro and Brad Finstad like you were a 14 year old girl at a Kpop concert.
This is probably one of the best insults I have received on this platform, well done.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #835 on: September 28, 2022, 11:24:19 AM »

Tossup remains tossup

This is probably one of the best insults I have received on this platform, well done.
It's not an insult. It's an observation. You were salivating over Brad Finstad.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #836 on: September 28, 2022, 11:29:59 AM »

Play nice.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #837 on: September 28, 2022, 06:26:28 PM »

Tossup remains tossup

Personally I'm not a fan of Longwell for several reasons (even if she may personnally be a good person).

Firstly, I think she overestimates how much voters actually strategically think about the options before them and vote on issues such as democracy and are generally turned off by extremism. "Swing voters" don't necessarily have to be these high education moderates who give thought to every action each candidate takes, infact there are far more swing voters who vote based on fear, anger, and other emotions.

Secondly, she plays the card of "I'm a moderate anti-Trump Republican" even though at this point she literally seems like a mainstream D, whereas someone like Cheney was genuinely a conservative Republican and still is despite her opposition to Trump and the big lie. Furthermore, I think she lets this personal political transition of hers dominate the narrative in how she treats focus groups ans stuff.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #838 on: September 29, 2022, 11:35:07 AM »
« Edited: September 29, 2022, 02:47:10 PM by Official Penguin Books Account »

MJS ran a long piece this morning on Barnes's Twitter account, including his comments that Donald Trump is a "Russian spy" and Steve Scalise was "taking one for the team" in his attempted assassination: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/daniel-bice/2022/09/29/mandela-barnes-us-senate-candidate-vs-ron-johnson-2022-election-on-twitter-donald-trump-russian-spy/10440513002/

Expect at least some of this to make its way into another effective Johnson attack ad.
kwabbit

« Reply #839 on: September 29, 2022, 12:05:49 PM »

Marcus Flowers has consistently outraised every other House candidate in Georgia this year, and it might make him lose by 30% instead of 40.  Although (as Adam Griffin, I think, pointed out) it's not a complete waste of money.  If he turns out more Democratic votes than usual in the 14th, it helps in the statewide races.

Has he ever been pictured without a hat? It’s like Glenn Youngkin always appearing in a fleece. Odd how candidates latch onto a specific type of clothing as central to their image.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #840 on: September 29, 2022, 12:14:48 PM »

Has he ever been pictured without a hat? It’s like Glenn Youngkin always appearing in a fleece. Odd how candidates latch onto a specific type of clothing as central to their image.

It's a central theme of "branding" and has been a thing forever (e.g., Lincoln's stove-pipe hat). If anything, it's waned in the era of television and film (and smartphones), when recognizing celebrities and politicians by their faces, rather than a unique article of clothing, has become more common.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #841 on: September 29, 2022, 02:18:32 PM »

It's a central theme of "branding" and has been a thing forever (e.g., Lincoln's stove-pipe hat). If anything, it's waned in the era of television and film (and smartphones), when recognizing celebrities and politicians by their faces, rather than a unique article of clothing, has become more common.

Betsy and the oversized glasses is great
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« Reply #842 on: September 29, 2022, 06:28:01 PM »

Personally, if polls had shown that I possibly had a shot at taking down an unpopular incumbent senator, I would simply have campaigned against him.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #843 on: September 29, 2022, 06:50:16 PM »

Either this race was never as competitive as public polling has shown, or Democrats are blowing it. They haven't been spending at all to counteract Johnson's massive ad blitz. What a joke of a party!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #844 on: September 29, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »

Either this race was never as competitive as public polling has shown, or Democrats are blowing it. They haven't been spending at all to counteract Johnson's massive ad blitz. What a joke of a party!

This I will agree with. Barnes had a late start so unfortunately the primary screwed him, but Democrats should've been ready. The GOP has over $10M+ spending advantage on Dems in outside spending.

This is less about Barnes failing but moreso that Dems are getting outspent.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #845 on: September 30, 2022, 06:19:40 AM »

Lol, the Hurricane IAN coverage has blanketed the air Waves l, stop Dooming on Barnes it's only 4 pts and Pat Ryan came back from 8 pts with Early voting we haven't voted yet
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #846 on: September 30, 2022, 06:24:46 AM »

This I will agree with. Barnes had a late start so unfortunately the primary screwed him, but Democrats should've been ready. The GOP has over $10M+ spending advantage on Dems in outside spending.

This is less about Barnes failing but moreso that Dems are getting outspent.

Hurricane IAN has clearly knocked the Trump corruption off the airwaves that was benefiting D's, especially Espionage that's partly the cause of reversed poll numbers but PPP just polled this race it's tied, he SL is just being a DOOMER he said Gary Peters and Whitmer and Warnock we're going to loose
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #847 on: September 30, 2022, 10:31:24 AM »

MJS ran a long piece this morning on Barnes's Twitter account, including his comments that Donald Trump is a "Russian spy" and Steve Scalise was "taking one for the team" in his attempted assassination: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/investigations/daniel-bice/2022/09/29/mandela-barnes-us-senate-candidate-vs-ron-johnson-2022-election-on-twitter-donald-trump-russian-spy/10440513002/

Expect at least some of this to make its way into another effective Johnson attack ad.

I’m just gonna say this right now, and this should’ve been obvious from the start.

This race is over.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: September 30, 2022, 10:36:23 AM »

I’m just gonna say this right now, and this should’ve been obvious from the start.

This race is over.

Johnson is going absolutely medieval (or 1988, at minimum) on Barnes on television. Here's the latest:

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #849 on: September 30, 2022, 10:44:06 AM »

This race is over.

Johnson is going absolutely medieval (or 1988, at minimum) on Barnes on television. Here's the latest:

-snip-

Not sure if Willie Horton campaigns is what you want to define this race, but I'm in IDGAF mode as far as politics is concerned. Hell, I'd probably do the same thing.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies