WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:45:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66908 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2021, 05:50:09 PM »

Sen. Larson is out and has endorsed Barnes.

Is he insane? Barnes is about as electable as Martha Coakley
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #276 on: August 03, 2021, 05:57:58 PM »

Democrats are the most incompetent political party in world history. Of course, it's not likely to matter for this particular race; GCB polling indicates a red wave, and the Democrats cannot win WI-SEN in a red wave.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2021, 06:07:59 PM »

Democrats are the most incompetent political party in world history. Of course, it's not likely to matter for this particular race; GCB polling indicates a red wave, and the Democrats cannot win WI-SEN in a red wave.

That's exactly why I don't care who gets nominated.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2021, 10:40:45 PM »

Add Dane County executive Joe Parisi to Barnes’ list of endorsements.

https://madison.com/ct/news/local/govt-and-politics/election-matters/dane-county-executive-joe-parisi-endorses-mandela-barnes-for-senate/article_a448d047-595d-5e80-a090-5eed8528665e.html
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2021, 10:44:43 PM »

Crist is ahead of DeSaNtus the poll in March Snowlabrador had D's leading Rs as much as 48/44 in 2 consecutive Change Polls
walleye26

« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2021, 11:02:02 PM »

Surprised Barnes is starting to get endorsements. I don’t see Barnes being able to win, but who knows.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2021, 07:58:03 AM »

A lot of the "Barnes can't win" commentary seems to rooted in the same place where the "Lamb is the only one who can win PA" commentary is; complete guesses and gut feelings. There is absolutely no hard evidence that Barnes cannot win, especially against an insurrectionist and certified loon like Ron Johnson. I think a lot of folks around here are just giving into this "black progressives cannot win WWC-dominated electorates" mentality that has stymied genuinely good candidates. "Electability" arguments this far out, and especially in a primary, are lame. It's a cyclical argument of "they can't win because they can't win."
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #282 on: August 04, 2021, 08:46:43 AM »

A lot of the "Barnes can't win" commentary seems to rooted in the same place where the "Lamb is the only one who can win PA" commentary is; complete guesses and gut feelings. There is absolutely no hard evidence that Barnes cannot win, especially against an insurrectionist and certified loon like Ron Johnson. I think a lot of folks around here are just giving into this "black progressives cannot win WWC-dominated electorates" mentality that has stymied genuinely good candidates. "Electability" arguments this far out, and especially in a primary, are lame. It's a cyclical argument of "they can't win because they can't win."
It really isn't. For one I don't support Lamb I think he's uninspiring and I don't want another Sinema. Progressives can win but they have to be the right type. Fetrerman for example looks like a wwc voter and could really relate to them for example.
2. Barnes being black is not why I think  he would be a bad candidate.. Barnes made comments about the Kenosha shooting that were viewed as having incited the riots. The ads write themselves.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #283 on: August 04, 2021, 08:50:49 AM »

It really isn't. For one I don't support Lamb I think he's uninspiring and I don't want another Sinema. Progressives can win but they have to be the right type. Fetrerman for example looks like a wwc voter and could really relate to them for example.
2. Barnes being black is not why I think  he would be a bad candidate.. Barnes made comments about the Kenosha shooting that were viewed as having incited the riots. The ads write themselves.

There's no reason to believe Lamb would be another Sinema. The two really aren't that similar
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #284 on: August 05, 2021, 03:26:09 PM »

Barnes is starting to roll in some endorsements:

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #285 on: August 05, 2021, 07:29:21 PM »

Mandela Barnes is our best bet here
walleye26

« Reply #286 on: August 05, 2021, 08:48:20 PM »

Barnes endorsements make me think Kind won’t jump in, but Kind may be waiting to see how redistricting ends up.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #287 on: August 07, 2021, 06:18:40 PM »

who runs to replace to replace him as lt governor?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2021, 06:20:19 PM »

So is Ron Johnson going to run or he's delaying his decision to be an attention whore?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2021, 06:24:10 PM »

So is Ron Johnson going to run or he's delaying his decision to be an attention whore?

"I would have announced sooner but Antifa took my announcement statement before I could make a copy!"
Girlytree
Rookie
United States

« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2021, 12:47:05 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2021, 01:08:38 AM by Girlytree »

“I don’t feel like my time has been successful” ~ Ron Johnson

“I’d rather do something else.”
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2021, 04:28:18 AM »

Lean R -> Likely R.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2021, 04:41:29 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2021, 04:47:05 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

Have you learned anything yet about WI, Biden has the same Approvals that he had on Election night, WI has voted for every D Prez and voted for Carter and Dukakis, Gore and Kerry loosing party candidates and Biden won the state 3x, Hillary should of won it but Gary Johnson took enough support to give trio of states to Biden, LOL ITS A 304 BLUE WALL

SENS RUSS FEINGOLD, HERB KOHL, TAMMY BALDWIN, THE STATE ONLY Voted for Johnson 350 K votes, Lean D TO

D Govs Him Doyle 2003/2011 Gov T Evers 2019 to Present, Gov Evers vetoed Voter Suppression laws

Didn't you say Whitmer and Ossoff and Warnock were gonna lose like your pal Milineienial Moderate

You said Gary Peters was gonna lose too

Milineienial Moderate is friends with Progressive Moderate that has an R hack map that have CCM losing, NOT
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2021, 05:35:08 AM »

How so? If Johnson ends up not running, this is straight tossup.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2021, 06:17:36 AM »

Johnson is more likely to lose a general election than someone like Mike Gallagher. Of course, this will be a very hard seat for Democrats to win in the likely 2022 environment.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2021, 06:29:16 AM »

Yeah, Johnson not running for re-election actually hurts Democrats unless the GOP runs an extremely boring candidate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2021, 07:15:14 AM »

Don't listen to Snowlabrador he said Gary Peters, Whitmer, Warnock and Ossoff were all gonna to lose
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2021, 10:00:32 AM »

Lean R -> Lean R. I highly doubt there are hoards of Any Republican but Johnson > Any Democrat > Johnson voters, or vice versa. Wisconsin isn’t exactly a state where being perceived as a centrist makes you more “electable”, nor does being perceived as far left/right function as a vice.
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2021, 10:03:00 AM »

Yeah, Johnson not running for re-election actually hurts Democrats unless the GOP runs an extremely boring candidate.

Johnson is more likely to lose a general election than someone like Mike Gallagher. Of course, this will be a very hard seat for Democrats to win in the likely 2022 environment.

I know this is the conventional wisdom on the site, because Johnson is "toxic" or "extreme" or "an insurrectionist" or whatever (these are all accurate labels; the scare quotes were to imply that they don't matter electorally). But do we have any real evidence that it's true? Given his over-performance in 2016, and the innate advantages of incumbency, and his presumable popularity among Trump voters...I'm just not sure he's any weaker than Gallagher or whomever the WI GOP would put up. MT Treasurer has made some good posts on this point and could probably argue it better than me.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »

Lean R -> Lean R. I highly doubt there are hoards of Any Republican but Johnson > Any Democrat > Johnson voters, or vice versa. Wisconsin isn’t exactly a state where being perceived as a centrist makes you more “electable”, nor does being perceived as far left/right function as a vice.

No it's not, if you really think D's can't make up 359 K votes that Johnson won and Baldwin won by a landslide you are kidding yourself, Russ Feingold almost won
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies