WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:26:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 45
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 66828 times)
Spectator
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: April 24, 2021, 11:00:38 PM »

I think Godlewski>Kind>Nelson>Barnes>rich guy.

Kind being in Congress could hurt him compared to someone young and fresh like Godlewski, but he’s also proven himself capable of winning a significant number of Trump voters.

This is still at least tilt R, but I don’t think Johnson being the incumbent is exactly a big help to Republicans in this particular state since he’s probably more of a lightning rod to Democrats than anyone else.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2021, 11:22:36 PM »

Kind would be a great Gubernatorial nominee in 2026, since Evers probably serves 2T and retires, he said that
Terlylane
United States

« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2021, 06:04:08 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2021, 06:09:30 PM »

Imagine touting that endorsement and wanting to be considering a serious candidate.
Terlylane
United States

« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2021, 06:55:53 PM »

BREAKING: Ron Johnson is STILL undecided!
https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/ron-johnson-says-hes-still-undecided-on-re-election-bid/article_c9a5b965-1667-5abb-8a2a-35f92855ef4a.html
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2021, 08:50:03 PM »

That may be a sign he's seriously considering retiring.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2021, 09:01:37 PM »

I think Johnson is going to retire.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2021, 11:13:26 PM »

Johnson is going to run again. Otherwise he wouldn’t keep the dog and pony show going.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2021, 02:29:04 AM »

Johnson is going to run again. Otherwise he wouldn’t keep the dog and pony show going.

I want him to run again, partially to once again disprove the DC-minded concept of electability.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2021, 07:32:52 AM »

I want him to run again, partially to once again disprove the DC-minded concept of electability.

He is an Insurrectionists and he has lost the last two polls, granted it was a RV poll, he was losing in Democracy Corp and Change 48/44% the sake can be said about the six pt inflated lead that had Sununu up by six, it was a RV polo not a LV screen, Sununu is more likely tied with Hassan it was a RV poll and Rs keep touring that poll
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »

I'm guessing that he'll run again unless the environment actually does end up looking bad for Republicans. I actually don't think him running or not affects the margin/competitiveness of this race much at all. Either way, it's Lean R, and I'd guess around a 3-point win for the Republicans. While it's not impossible for Democrats to win this race, they pretty much need 2022 to be an "atypical midterm" for that to happen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2021, 11:52:20 AM »

I'm guessing that he'll run again unless the environment actually does end up looking bad for Republicans. I actually don't think him running or not affects the margin/competitiveness of this race much at all. Either way, it's Lean R, and I'd guess around a 3-point win for the Republicans. While it's not impossible for Democrats to win this race, they pretty much need 2022 to be an "atypical midterm" for that to happen.

It's not Lean R when Two polls show Johnson losing 48/44 and Evers will carry Nelson over the top, we aren't losing WI, PA, NH, NV, and AZ when Biden and s at 54% Approvals. Johnson is well below 50%, last poll had him at 35% Approvals
Epaminondas

« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2021, 12:07:47 PM »

Does anyone remember Olympia Snowe's stances leading up to 2012?

No need for that to happen, it's been quite clear to the world since 2016 that the GOP will elect any joke of a candidate as long as they hit the buzzwords and throw the red meat.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2021, 09:18:55 PM »

Yeah, you vote in that insurrectionist sympathizer and all around quack!  That'll show those DC aristocrats!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2021, 06:45:46 AM »

why is the democratic field in this race so mute compared to the other big senate races?
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2021, 07:29:21 AM »

why is the democratic field in this race so mute compared to the other big senate races?
Not many good canidates, all the mdoerates except Ron Kind have been gerrymandered out. Safe districts tend to produce politicans poorly suited for winning general elections.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2021, 09:13:32 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2021, 09:40:24 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Tom Nelson has been competetive in every poll and lead in Change 48/44 Tammy Baldwin won 10 pts this race is winnable

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2021, 09:40:50 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2021, 09:45:16 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

The Senate hinges on AZ, WI and PA, unfortunately, for Hassan, Sununu is running as a Mainstream R, de facto D and she may lose like Whitmer

If Sununu is in a D chamber like Romney and Collins he will vote for bipartisanship like prescription drugs and infrastructure

Polls don't usually lie and they show weakness for both females

Hassan did it to herself by voting against minimium wage

Only in an R chamber and an R Prez DeSantis is gonna vote like an R
Meatball Ron
recoveringdemocrat

« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2021, 11:50:02 AM »

I mean, Godlewski is a state row officer, young, telegenic, and outran Evers/Barnes and Kaul in 2018. She’s not getting a lot of buzz for some reason but I don’t really see why she isn’t a top tier candidate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2021, 08:43:08 AM »

https://twitter.com/bridgetbhc/status/1409862189918347270
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2021, 11:09:12 AM »

#51 Seat pickup opportunity after PA and GA is the #52nd seat, of course due to runoff
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2021, 02:38:10 PM »

Pretty weak candidate. Lost WI-8 in a landslide in 2016.

Running a “strong” candidate still won’t win Dems this seat in a Biden midterm.

Depends. Against Johnson, there might be a small opening. Against Gallagher? Hell no.

No, it's not winnable in a Biden midterm, period.

Also, I don’t get why he thinks Johnson is a "weak" incumbent or that Gallagher is more likely to win statewide than Johnson. Just because you personally don’t like/like either candidate doesn’t mean they’re inherently more/less "electable" than the other, something many people here need to understand.

At this early stage of the cycle/race, I’d rate this Lean R, but it’s obviously a must-win for Republicans.

Johnson is unpopular in Wisconsin; he wanted to discount the election results in his own state. He's supported overturning election results and misled the people of WI on COVID19. I personally want Johnson to get renominated in 2022 as I see a race with Johnson as the GOP nominee as the most likely scenario where the seat flips blue. If the GOP nominates someone more mainstream, like Mike Gallagher, they will almost certainly win the seat. It's not a question of what I think of Johnson (I strongly dislike him) - but I'm quite sure that opposing the election results in his own states won't buy him the votes he needs to win. If he does win, so can any other Republican (and Johnson will likely win by a smaller amount), and if he does lose (which would likely be by a narrow margin), it would be highly impressive, given that it is a Democratic gain in a swing state in a good GOP year, and something Johnson could accomplish. If he follows his current trajectory and wins the GOP nomination, and the Democrats nominate a strong candidate, like Ron Kind, Democrats have their best shot at flipping their seat. If the GOP nominates someone mainstream and uncontroversial, like Representative Gallagher, then they'll almost certainly win (and if they do lose, then Johnson would certainly have lost as well). Because Johnson opposing WI's election results probably costs him more votes (from suburban moderates in the WOW counties) than it wins him; while Gallagher would likely keep the WOW counties solid and possibly even expand their margin from Trump's in 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2021, 07:03:06 PM »

Not really, Biden has the same exact Approvals as he did on Election night and that means the 304 blue wall AZ 48, NH, 49, PA, 50, WI 51, GA 52 Runoff that's the 304 blue, this isn't OH or IA, remember Tammy Baldwin won by 10 pts, WI is a D based battleground not an R based battleground, underestimate Tom Nelson and Evers, he has a 53% Approvals, Evers is being helped by Nelson

Biden isn't popular in the S that's why R leaning states have VR Suppression Laws but he is more popular in the N

If something happens to Trump and he gets indicted there goes the H for Rs as well as the S
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2021, 07:34:19 PM »

Johnson is unpopular in Wisconsin; he wanted to discount the election results in his own state. He's supported overturning election results and misled the people of WI on COVID19. I personally want Johnson to get renominated in 2022 as I see a race with Johnson as the GOP nominee as the most likely scenario where the seat flips blue. If the GOP nominates someone more mainstream, like Mike Gallagher, they will almost certainly win the seat. It's not a question of what I think of Johnson (I strongly dislike him) - but I'm quite sure that opposing the election results in his own states won't buy him the votes he needs to win. If he does win, so can any other Republican (and Johnson will likely win by a smaller amount), and if he does lose (which would likely be by a narrow margin), it would be highly impressive, given that it is a Democratic gain in a swing state in a good GOP year, and something Johnson could accomplish. If he follows his current trajectory and wins the GOP nomination, and the Democrats nominate a strong candidate, like Ron Kind, Democrats have their best shot at flipping their seat. If the GOP nominates someone mainstream and uncontroversial, like Representative Gallagher, then they'll almost certainly win (and if they do lose, then Johnson would certainly have lost as well). Because Johnson opposing WI's election results probably costs him more votes (from suburban moderates in the WOW counties) than it wins him; while Gallagher would likely keep the WOW counties solid and possibly even expand their margin from Trump's in 2020.

Aside from the fact that I question Kind’s appeal as a Senate candidate (explained in an earlier post), it’s sounding like he will be running again for his House seat.  Today, I received a fundraising email from the WisDems with Kind writing the email.  Here’s an excerpt:

Quote from: Ron Kind
After 2020, it’s more apparent than ever that the road to keeping a Democratic House majority runs right through my district.

We’re not the only ones who know that. As Republicans gear up for 2022 by suppressing the vote, WisDems is all-in to win the 3rd Congressional District and defeat the Republican extremists who want to take away our freedom to vote.

That’s why I’m counting on you to chip in to help send me back to Congress in 2022. If we win in 2022, that means protecting the right to vote, passing more of President Biden’s initiatives, and getting things done for Wisconsinites.

Though the term “Congress” in the bolded part is a bit vague as it could imply Senate, the surrounding context makes it sound like he’s going for his House seat again.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2021, 10:35:24 PM »

Aside from the fact that I question Kind’s appeal as a Senate candidate (explained in an earlier post), it’s sounding like he will be running again for his House seat.  Today, I received a fundraising email from the WisDems with Kind writing the email.  Here’s an excerpt:

Quote from: Ron Kind
After 2020, it’s more apparent than ever that the road to keeping a Democratic House majority runs right through my district.

We’re not the only ones who know that. As Republicans gear up for 2022 by suppressing the vote, WisDems is all-in to win the 3rd Congressional District and defeat the Republican extremists who want to take away our freedom to vote.

That’s why I’m counting on you to chip in to help send me back to Congress in 2022. If we win in 2022, that means protecting the right to vote, passing more of President Biden’s initiatives, and getting things done for Wisconsinites.

Though the term “Congress” in the bolded part is a bit vague as it could imply Senate, the surrounding context makes it sound like he’s going for his House seat again.

Interesting...thanks for giving me this info!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies