Epping, New Hampshire restaurant shuts doors rather than enforce mask mandate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:16:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Epping, New Hampshire restaurant shuts doors rather than enforce mask mandate
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Epping, New Hampshire restaurant shuts doors rather than enforce mask mandate  (Read 892 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2020, 06:30:49 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-hampshire-restaurant-shuts-its-doors-rather-enforce-mask-mandate-n1244319

The owners of a New Hampshire restaurant have decided to close their doors rather than abide by a mask mandate.

Joe Bodge and Dorene Heselton closed Roselynn Homemade Ice Cream Breakfast and Lunch in Epping, New Hampshire, on Sunday. A sign on their door now reads, "What Happened to Live Free or Die."

"I have decided, and I'll be honest with you, the sheer volume of my customers and people supporting me believe the same thing — we can either exist in fear, and hope to not die, or we can live knowing eventually we're all going to die," Bodge told NBC News on Thursday.

Bodge and Heselton said a customer reported them to the state for not wearing masks and not requiring their customers to wear masks. Bodge said he then received a call from the New Hampshire Office of the Attorney General, asking if he was not requiring masks in Roselynn.

"I said, 'Ma'am, as a matter of fact, you are correct.' And there was a pause, and she said, 'So you're not denying it?' And I said, 'We are mask-free here,'" Bodge said.

The official told Bodge that they wouldn't need to investigate if he was readily admitting to not wearing masks at Roselynn, and that he would have until Monday to comply with the mandate or the state would pull the restaurant's license to operate, according to Bodge. Rather than abide by the mandate or have the state close their doors, Bodge and Heselton decided they'd close themselves down until they could reopen without masks.

Bodge said he can't wear a mask due to anxiety, and that other members of the staff also suffer from illnesses that prevent them from wearing a mask. He said he wears a mask in places that require them, like the grocery store, but that his anxiety is triggered when that happens.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 06:33:36 PM »

Going bankrupt to own the libs
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »

Wow, what a snowflake.

Bodge said he can't wear a mask due to anxiety
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 12:44:55 AM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 02:12:42 AM »

Ironic considering the anti-mask crowd is denying others the ability to be free OR live.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 02:47:46 PM »

I suffer with extreme anxiety and panic attacks; I’m not going to lie, the masks don’t help at all — and yet somehow I’ve still managed to do it for 8 hours a day 4-5 days a week for the past 6-7 months.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2020, 04:01:08 PM »

Conservatives unable to adapt to a changing world? I am SHOCKED!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »

Now where will people get their homemade ice cream for breakfast?!?!?

Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2020, 08:01:30 PM »

They have anxiety from wearing a mask.  If they have the money to live, it's the right move.  Otherwise, there are plenty of no-mask-requirement R states that would welcome their restaurant.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 09:53:42 PM »

Oh no! Roselynn Homemade Ice Cream Breakfast and Lunch in Epping, New Hampshire was always my favorite place to eat whenever I would stop in the town of Epping, population 6,441, per the 2010 census (source: Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 09:57:09 PM »

Oh no! Roselynn Homemade Ice Cream Breakfast and Lunch in Epping, New Hampshire was always my favorite place to eat whenever I would stop in the town of Epping, population 6,441, per the 2010 census (source: Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia).

What. Is. Your. Point?
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 10:01:38 PM »

What. Is. Your. Point?

If you didn’t get it, it wasn’t meant for you. It was meant for my fans.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2020, 05:14:44 AM »

red avatars getting their gloat on here is weird, the article never suggested these people were destitute did it?
Bodge said the decision to close has no financial component for him, and that he's willing to close for as long as it takes until he can reopen the restaurant without masks. Bodge said the restaurant is run exclusively by members of his family and so the closure has not resulted in any layoffs.
nope

And he's received death threats, I guess gloating on a message board isn't enough for some lefties.  'cause it's bad when people get death threats, yes?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2020, 05:49:53 AM »

Like how Michfest shut its doors rather than let trans women participate.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2020, 06:26:43 AM »

red avatars getting their gloat on here is weird, the article never suggested these people were destitute did it?
Bodge said the decision to close has no financial component for him, and that he's willing to close for as long as it takes until he can reopen the restaurant without masks. Bodge said the restaurant is run exclusively by members of his family and so the closure has not resulted in any layoffs.
nope

And he's received death threats, I guess gloating on a message board isn't enough for some lefties.  'cause it's bad when people get death threats, yes?

Oh no one here voiced any kind of death threat or support thereof.  They're attention whores for their inability to be a functioning part of society during a pandemic, so let them be mocked.  And if you know someone who is making death threats report it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2020, 06:38:01 AM »

Oh no one here voiced any kind of death threat or support thereof.
I never suggested otherwise, it's from right there in the article.  Weird that the OP didn't quote that part Smiley
They're attention whores for their inability to be a functioning part of society during a pandemic, so let them be mocked.
did they call the media? did they post it here?  If they did, then yes, they are attention whores.  Not to the level of most politicians, but still, attention whores none-the-less.
And if you know someone who is making death threats report it.
I ain't no narc.  (if it seems like a legit threat, I might report it, but randos make death threats on the internet all the time.  In a perfect world some authority somewhere would make some examples out of few of these jerks and maybe we can cut down on some of that sh**t, but I'm not holding my breath.)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2020, 06:51:40 AM »

I never suggested otherwise, it's from right there in the article.  Weird that the OP didn't quote that part Smiley
They're attention whores for their inability to be a functioning part of society during a pandemic, so let them be mocked.
did they call the media? did they post it here?  If they did, then yes, they are attention whores.  Not to the level of most politicians, but still, attention whores none-the-less.
I ain't no narc.  (if it seems like a legit threat, I might report it, but randos make death threats on the internet all the time.  In a perfect world some authority somewhere would make some examples out of few of these jerks and maybe we can cut down on some of that sh**t, but I'm not holding my breath.)

They didn't have to talk to the media, but they did and they made clear their incapability of making the choices necessary to function in a pandemic, so good riddance til we all have our vaccines. 

Being a narc on drugs and death threats are two different things as the stakes are far higher in the latter.  Even a Libertarian shouldn't feel they're violating their ethos by reported those.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2020, 10:24:16 AM »

What. Is. Your. Point?

If you didn’t get it, it wasn’t meant for you. It was meant for my fans.

You have no fans
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 10:34:35 AM »

So, lefties have to stoop to making death threats against people who they disagree with, but it's really just ubiquitous weird rando's from the internet, and you wouldn't report them even if you knew who they were. Got it.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 11:03:10 AM »

Ah the blue and yellow avatars are really desperately trying to defend these idiots. No, they had no excuse, and they had it coming. If they become destitute, it is what it is.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 11:56:01 AM »

So, lefties have to stoop to making death threats against people who they disagree with, but it's really just ubiquitous weird rando's from the internet, and you wouldn't report them even if you knew who they were. Got it.
close, this would be closer....

people who take politics too seriously have stooped to making death threats against people who they disagree with, but it's really just ubiquitous weird rando's from the internet, and I wouldn't report them even if I knew who they were.  And I'd like something bad to happen legally to a few of them to discourage future not real, but still disturbing death threats.

you may now return to wishing horrible things to happen to people who do things you don't like
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2020, 12:05:35 PM »

close, this would be closer....

people who take politics too seriously have stooped to making death threats against people who they disagree with, but it's really just ubiquitous weird rando's from the internet, and I wouldn't report them even if I knew who they were.  And I'd like something bad to happen legally to a few of them to discourage future not real, but still disturbing death threats.

you may now return to wishing horrible things to happen to people who do things you don't like
Excellent, that is my second favorite hobby!
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2020, 12:08:42 PM »

And I've had posters on here telling me The United States could win a war with China. Could you imagine this unpatriotic, conspiracy obsessed, not willing to sacrifice, whiny, violently stupid public having to bite down and sacrifice for the common good to defeat anything?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2020, 12:22:31 PM »

And I've had posters on here telling me The United States could win a war with China. Could you imagine this unpatriotic, conspiracy obsessed, not willing to sacrifice, whiny, violently stupid public having to bite down and sacrifice for the common good to defeat anything?
fortunately, in a country of 330 million we can find a tiny few of those that aren't that.  There is no question we could win a war with China.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2020, 12:23:38 PM »

Wearing a mask is one of the easiest sacrifices that I can make. It allows me freedom that I used to take for granted in doing things that I used to do. Being connected to a ventilator, I understand, is to live in a shadowy and unsettling world between life and death.

I have had some tough years lately, and at my age I am capable of enjoying life if I have the chance. I will not let COVID-19 get in the way. I also want Donald Trump to get out of the way.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies