PureSpectrum/COVID-19 Consortium: Biden +10% and 50 states+DC (wins with an odd 413 map) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:23:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  PureSpectrum/COVID-19 Consortium: Biden +10% and 50 states+DC (wins with an odd 413 map) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PureSpectrum/COVID-19 Consortium: Biden +10% and 50 states+DC (wins with an odd 413 map)  (Read 1789 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« on: October 21, 2020, 07:33:29 PM »

Very possible. To Biden friendly in the midwest tho.

It is not at all possible that Biden wins the Dakotas or loses Maine.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 07:34:52 PM »

Winning the Dakotas while losing Iowa? Only winning Hawaii by 3 points? I think not.

It's probably better data than SurveyMonkey but not by much at the state level, given the small sample sizes.

The Survey Monkey numbers actually seem far more plausible to me. If someone told me their numbers were the final results, or that they were from a higher quality pollster, I would not be surprised at all.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 08:15:16 PM »

Imagine if this actually ends up being the map? That would be hilarious
Even in this map, the Senate would still be safe Republican.

Wat

The Senate is Likely Democratic NOW.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 08:17:04 PM »

Winning the Dakotas while losing Iowa? Only winning Hawaii by 3 points? I think not.

It's probably better data than SurveyMonkey but not by much at the state level, given the small sample sizes.

The Survey Monkey numbers actually seem far more plausible to me. If someone told me their numbers were the final results, or that they were from a higher quality pollster, I would not be surprised at all.

They're plausible in bulk but individual results can be very odd. Their LV results consistently have Biden down by only about 6% in Nebraska. That is shocking and I'd have expected more statewide polling if the sorts of shifts necessary for that to happen were really going on.

Well they’re pretty much the only ones polling Nebraska so hard to say. For what it’s worth, Morning Consult tracker consistently found Trump with a pretty medicore approval rating in Nebraska, something I found interesting. Plus, it’s not really that different from Kansas, and everyone seems to agree that’s swung left.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies