Georgia suburbanites sticking with Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:39:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Georgia suburbanites sticking with Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia suburbanites sticking with Trump  (Read 6845 times)
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« on: October 21, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2020, 03:05:24 PM by Storr »

UGH. I hate these kinds of articles. These aren't just Georgia suburbanites, they're Georgia Republicans. I expect this kind of garbage from Politico, not the highly esteemed (lol) New York Times.

Edit, a thought that came to mind: You don't really see these kinds of articles from local or Southern based national (CNN for example) media. I wonder if some of this might come from a fundamental misunderstanding of the South from non-Southern media/reporters. Middle age (especially Georgia native) white women in suburban Atlanta supporting Trump should not be big news. Heck, Loeffler is one of them and she's evidently more conservative than Genghis Khan.

"The decision was a no-brainer. “The riots, the push to defund the police — that’s not the direction our country needs to go,” Ms. Pontius, 48, said. “I feel like the Democratic Party is continually trying to come up with ways to divide us.”"

"But Ms. Newman, 51, who lives in the suburbs and works at a law firm in midtown Atlanta, also thinks Mr. Biden’s personal views are irrelevant — that a vote for Mr. Biden is in fact a vote for his running mate, Senator Kamala Harris, as well as for progressives in the Democratic Party like Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who have pushed for policies like the Green New Deal. “I don’t think Joe Biden has an opinion until somebody tells him what it is,” she said."

"Ms. Mullee said she used to exercise in the state park surrounding the monument, but no longer feels comfortable doing so. (As for the monument itself, she said she did not support efforts to “take down history.”) She is voting for Mr. Trump in part, she said, because she feels the left has stoked division in cities like hers and beyond."

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 03:57:48 PM »

What if all suburbs come home?

What can they get with Biden?
High taxes, high unemployment, depression.

What if crack was free?

What would you get with it?
High, stupid, broke.

Suburbs voting for Biden is irrational.
If they really vote for Biden, it will be voting against their interest.

Shockingly, I'm not looking to vote for someone who calls suburban women like me "housewives". 

Casting your vote based on emotions. And against your interest. Irrational.

Bruh, this ain't it.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »

You hate to see it.

Ladies and gentlemen....we got 'em.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies