FL, MN, NV - Civiqs/DailyKos: Biden +4, +10, +9 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:07:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  FL, MN, NV - Civiqs/DailyKos: Biden +4, +10, +9 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL, MN, NV - Civiqs/DailyKos: Biden +4, +10, +9  (Read 3505 times)
tagimaucia

« on: October 21, 2020, 08:10:20 AM »

I’ll believe it when I see it (luckily only 2 weeks)

What is unbelievable about these polls? All 3 of these results are within 1% of what I expect
The Florida number is not even slightly believable.

What is not believable about a 4 point lead in Florida? That is only 5% better than 2016. Biden is polling 6+% better nationally. Biden is getting disproportionately big swings from seniors. Florida is a state with a ton of seniors. Biden + 4 seems pretty believable to me

Are you doubting the poll because you don’t like it, or because you have some basis in facts?
The Nation was D+9 in 2018 and R’s won Florida.  Nobody is winning Florida by 4 points lol.

The national house vote was D+7 when you take into account all the uncontested races nationwide (there were a ton of races with no R candidates), it wasn't a true +9 environment.  I do agree that Florida has drifted further relatively to the right (probably now 5-6 points to the right of the country as opposed to 3 in 2016).
tagimaucia

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 08:27:24 AM »

Very happy to see that the top-two primary initiative (in Florida) is failing in this poll.  Wasn't it winning in many past polls?
tagimaucia

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 09:50:18 AM »

Amy Klobuchar only +3 in favorablity? I find that a bit hard to believe. Besides that, the MN poll looks reasonable, 38% with a college degree, Walz +10 favorable.

Civiqs favorabilities are always weird, I wouldn't put too much stock into them

Their favorable numbers for Republicans tend to match other polls, but their favorables for Democrats are always way way way (like double digits) below other polls. It's very weird.
tagimaucia

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »

Buzz might be wrong or over-confident (or might not, who knows), but I've never seen him be nasty or mean to anyone on here. 

Maybe his "I'm bookmarking this" posts are a little aggressive, but hey, if he's wrong, you can also throw all those posts back in his face in two weeks...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies