Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:22:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties?  (Read 1675 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: October 21, 2020, 10:45:00 AM »

What about my civil right not to die because some hick is too lazy to put a piece of cloth around his mouth?

Missed this on my first look at this thread. We used to call this "saying the quiet part out loud." But over these past five years that has become a misnomer, because the quiet parts are now exactly what we most relish screaming at the top of our lungs for all to hear.

In fairness, there is just such a concentration of hicks in Bergen County that it's not even safe to go outside. Every Bergen County Democrat should stay inside for a few years just to be safe until the virus extinguishes all the hicks.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 12:40:04 PM »

Seriously, who are you people meeting that are not wearing masks indoors in public spaces? Isolated idiots that get called out and go viral? They are not responsible for this. They went viral for a reason. You're trying way too hard to look for division in your communities.

I don't believe any of you. American mask compliance being in the upper echelon of the western world. People have stopped wearing outside because it is cumbersome but I have never seen someone fail indoors (perhaps some get a bit lazy but a couple moments is not a very serious risk). I haven't stopped even outdoors, except when I am lugging $100 of groceries two miles.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 01:23:39 PM »

Seriously, who are you people meeting that are not wearing masks indoors in public spaces? Isolated idiots that get called out and go viral? They are not responsible for this. They went viral for a reason. You're trying way too hard to look for division in your communities.

I don't believe any of you. American mask compliance being in the upper echelon of the western world. People have stopped wearing outside because it is cumbersome but I have never seen someone fail indoors (perhaps some get a bit lazy but a couple moments is not a very serious risk). I haven't stopped even outdoors, except when I am lugging $100 of groceries two miles.

You live in Philly, right?

Yes. I've gone on several out-of-state vacations at this point too. And if anything, compliance was much stronger in Bucks County than in the city when I went last weekend.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies