Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:28:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties?  (Read 1690 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: October 20, 2020, 09:33:25 PM »

Not all of us are ideological zealots who ascribe to the idea of “freedom over all regardless of the circumstances, consequences don’t matter!”
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 11:15:25 PM »

What about our right to not see our social institutions destroyed just because we wanted to copy a communist country's pandemic response?

I never realized Singapore or South Korea were communist.
To be fair, their response was better largely because of culture.
We have way too much of an emphasis on “muh freedom to be an idiot” here and this thread only proves it.
They did other things correctly, but we can’t just ignore the cultural issue the US has.

That being said, Marxist Australia was not a twist I expected in the tenth episode of 2020.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 12:00:18 AM »

We live in a post-factual society...
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 01:16:39 PM »

Seriously, who are you people meeting that are not wearing masks indoors in public spaces? Isolated idiots that get called out and go viral? They are not responsible for this. They went viral for a reason. You're trying way too hard to look for division in your communities.

I don't believe any of you. American mask compliance being in the upper echelon of the western world. People have stopped wearing outside because it is cumbersome but I have never seen someone fail indoors (perhaps some get a bit lazy but a couple moments is not a very serious risk). I haven't stopped even outdoors, except when I am lugging $100 of groceries two miles.

You live in Philly, right?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 01:24:36 PM »

Seriously, who are you people meeting that are not wearing masks indoors in public spaces? Isolated idiots that get called out and go viral? They are not responsible for this. They went viral for a reason. You're trying way too hard to look for division in your communities.

I don't believe any of you. American mask compliance being in the upper echelon of the western world. People have stopped wearing outside because it is cumbersome but I have never seen someone fail indoors (perhaps some get a bit lazy but a couple moments is not a very serious risk). I haven't stopped even outdoors, except when I am lugging $100 of groceries two miles.

You live in Philly, right?

Yes. I've gone on several vacations at this point too.
Right.
I’m fairly certain mask compliance greatly varies by location.
I would imagine a large city in the NE would have high mask compliance rates.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies