Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:19:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why have Democrats gotten so bad on civil liberties?  (Read 1700 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: October 20, 2020, 09:11:29 PM »

What about our right to not see our social institutions destroyed just because we wanted to copy a communist country's pandemic response?

Go ahead and join Trump's ranks and get sick then. I guarantee that you won't have access to eight doctors on call, 24/7 care, and a cocktail of experimental drugs and treatments.

The rest of us would like to work against unnecessary deaths. Thanks.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 11:15:01 AM »

↑Averroes, I get what you're saying, particularly with that last quote on individualistic problem solving, but right now, what we're getting is individualistic problem making, with many Americans choosing not to protect themselves and others in a misguided attempt to demonstrate that historical ruggedness.

Individualized approaches to problem solving as a society will not work if a good chunk of local/nationwide communities/social circles are working to undermine the efforts of the rest of the population. Top that off with the disaster from the present administration, and you have a recipe for a pandemic disaster, where tens of thousands of lives are lost beyond the bare minimum.

I won't go into the minutia of all the other points unless you want to, but I feel that individualism is limited to actually working for the greater whole. What we would be getting is collective destruction right now instead of any problems being solved.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies