PA-10 - NRCC/Perry Internal: Perry +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:09:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  PA-10 - NRCC/Perry Internal: Perry +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-10 - NRCC/Perry Internal: Perry +4  (Read 1062 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2020, 07:09:45 PM »

https://www.politicspa.com/exclusive-perry-nrcc-poll-perry-48-depasquale-44/96279/?fbclid=IwAR39GBjIQDiJuS5LTj0GgXMlNssEUwL0Oom96YMWU0rEmBme_qTNCqFIicM

48% Perry, 44% DePasquale, 8% undecided. No presidential numbers.

I have maintained since the start of the cycle that Perry is far more likely to lose than Fitzpatrick.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 07:10:34 PM »

Agreed entirely. I expect Fitzpatrick to win and Perry to lose.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 07:13:50 PM »

Conducted by the Tarrance Group
October 13-15
400 likely voters
MoE: 4.9%
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »

Yeah I don't think Perry is holding on here.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 07:41:15 PM »

Pretty weak for an internal.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »

I wouldn’t say “far likelier.” Fitzpatrick is still swimming a lot more heavily against the top of the ticket tide than Perry will. Even if Biden does win Perry’s district, he’ll win Fitzpatrick’s by double digits
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »

Perry may just be whipping up enough anti-Italian sentiment here to win.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »

I have a hard time believing Fitzpatrick is favored to win reelection on a night when Perry is losing in a somewhat more R-friendly district (even if Democrats do have a high floor in PA-10). Fundamentals certainly do matter, and we’ve seen more than enough other "moderate" and/or "strong" Republicans struggling to secure even a very limited number of crossover votes this cycle, so I’m not sure if it’s wise to bet on Fitzpatrick being the exception here because of his strengths as a candidate or the "candidate quality" of his opponent.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »

I have a hard time believing Fitzpatrick is favored to win reelection on a night when Perry is losing in a somewhat more R-friendly district (even if Democrats do have a high floor in PA-10). Fundamentals certainly do matter, and we’ve seen more than enough other "moderate" and/or "strong" Republicans struggling to secure even a very limited number of crossover votes this cycle, so I’m not sure if it’s wise to bet on Fitzpatrick being the exception here because of his strengths as a candidate or the "candidate quality" of his opponent.

Fitzpatrick compromised on the ACA (much more substantial than most "moderate FF" types) and, more crucially, has the support of certain local, influential unions. Perry, as far as I'm aware, has nothing similar in his corner.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 05:07:53 AM »

I'm one of the few that won't think Fitz will hang on, but even if he loses, it will only be by a pt or two.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 05:56:11 AM »

Fitzpatrick compromised on the ACA (much more substantial than most "moderate FF" types) and, more crucially, has the support of certain local, influential unions. Perry, as far as I'm aware, has nothing similar in his corner.

Plus, he’s a strong incumbent facing a very weak opponent.  Perry has run a pretty incompetent campaign, an all-around weak incumbent, and facing one of the best Democratic recruits of the cycle.  Both races will be competitive and both could win/lose, but I do think Perry goes down way before Fitzpatrick.  And like you said, those endorsements by certain union locals are a valuable asset for Fitzpatrick.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2020, 06:29:49 AM »

Plus, he’s a strong incumbent facing a very weak opponent.  Perry has run a pretty incompetent campaign, an all-around weak incumbent, and facing one of the best Democratic recruits of the cycle.  Both races will be competitive and both could win/lose, but I do think Perry goes down way before Fitzpatrick.  And like you said, those endorsements by certain union locals are a valuable asset for Fitzpatrick.

You are correct. I would not be surprised if Perry loses and Fitz hangs on. Fitz at least tries to appear like he's running in a swing seat, Perry acts like he's running in an R +30 seat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies