Trump storms out of 60 Minutes interview; Now has beef with Lesley Stahl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:20:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump storms out of 60 Minutes interview; Now has beef with Lesley Stahl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Trump storms out of 60 Minutes interview; Now has beef with Lesley Stahl  (Read 5388 times)
forza nocta

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 04:04:02 PM »

If she indeed wasn't wearing a mask, she should have been. 

But OH.  Please.  Mr. "I've always tried to play it down" is suddenly worried about people not wearing masks?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 04:07:20 PM »

Clearly this interview was a disaster for him and he’s trying to get ahead of it by pretending to care about the mask, as if that was the reason.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 04:11:52 PM »

I for one, cannot wait to see this thing
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 04:12:42 PM »

This man makes Jeremy Clarkson look mature.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »

This is going to help with that -10% polling average.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »

This is going to help with that -10% polling average.

"The race will tighten now that Republicans see that he cares about people wearing masks and will start coming home to him before November 3. I hope I'm wrong"
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2020, 04:17:58 PM »

Ok, so the interview clearly went VERY, VERY badly. He usually waits 'til after an interview airs before he bashes the interviewer, the network, the ratings of the show in question, etc.

Can't wait for Sunday night to see just how much of a disaster it was.

But OH.  Please.  Mr. "I've always tried to play it down" is suddenly worried about people not wearing masks?

Given the tendency of people within his administration/campaign (let alone you-know-who at the top) to gaslight, mislead, &/or outright lie, I wouldn't be surprised if she was wearing a mask most of the time & this was just filmed by somebody on his team during something like a minute-or-two long break between takes, when it would've made no sense for her to put the mask back on if she was about to be on-camera again (though if not & she actually wasn't wearing a mask for a prolonged period of time, then yeah, stupid decision there).

At the same time, though, I'm surprised CBS opted to send 78-year-old Lesley Stahl to talk to a recently-discharged COVID patient at the site of the recently-held super-spreader event where said COVID patient was likely infected, while they sent 46-year-old Norah O'Donnell to talk to the campaign that's been putting every safety precaution (& then some) into place forever now. You'd think it'd be the other way around given Stahl's membership of a higher-risk group.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2020, 04:21:00 PM »

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2020, 04:21:47 PM »

Will there be a Lesley Stahl bump.
forza nocta

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 04:22:55 PM »

My question is... were they secretly recording Lesley?? LMAO
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 04:25:56 PM »

My question is... were they secretly recording Lesley?? LMAO

I wouldn't be shocked if they did this with all reporters. Trump wants to discredit the media as much as possible so people trust the media less when they report on his corruption, he's said it himself.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 04:26:46 PM »

Pardon my ignorance but is there something special about this journalist that makes Trump's attacks so reprehensible?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »

Ok, so the interview clearly went VERY, VERY badly. He usually waits 'til after an interview airs before he bashes the interviewer, the network, the ratings of the show in question, etc.

But OH.  Please.  Mr. "I've always tried to play it down" is suddenly worried about people not wearing masks?

Given the tendency of people within his administration/campaign (let alone you-know-who at the top) to gaslight, mislead, &/or outright lie, I wouldn't be surprised if she was wearing a mask most of the time & this was just filmed by somebody on his team during something like a minute-or-two long break between takes, when it would've made no sense for her to put the mask back on if she was about to be on-camera again (though if not & she actually wasn't wearing a mask for a prolonged period of time, then yeah, stupid decision there).

At the same time, though, I'm surprised CBS opted to send 78-year-old Lesley Stahl to talk to a recently-discharged COVID patient at the site of the recently-held super-spreader event where said COVID patient was likely infected, while they sent 46-year-old Norah O'Donnell to talk to the campaign that's been putting every safety precaution (& then some) into place forever now. You'd think it'd be the other way around given Stahl's membership of a higher-risk group.

Worth noting that Stahl had been hospitalized with COVID back in May, so her risk level in terms of contracting the illness was likely very low (I wasn't aware of this in my original post). 

Still, if she was around Trump for an extended period of time, she should have at least been wearing a mask for appearances.  But this is definitely Trump trying to deflect.  
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 04:36:49 PM »

But OH.  Please.  Mr. "I've always tried to play it down" is suddenly worried about people not wearing masks?

Worth noting that Stahl had been hospitalized with COVID back in May, so her risk level in terms of contracting the illness was likely very low (I wasn't aware of this in my original post). 

Still, if she was around Trump for an extended period of time, she should have at least been wearing a mask for appearances.  But this is definitely Trump trying to deflect.  

Oh wow, I hadn't been aware of that either. Thank god she pulled through.
forza nocta

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 04:38:13 PM »

Im guessing she wasn’t wearing a mask because she was just about to start talking with Trump and they were doing the interview without masks on.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 04:38:18 PM »

Oh, my God. Here we go, again.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 04:39:59 PM »

What demo is Trump losing ground with that he desperately needs back? Seniors.

Remind me who watches 60 Minutes again...
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 05:24:26 PM by Storr »

Trump's tweet just helps CBS because people are attracted to drama (that's why tabloids are so popular, I suppose). Also, Stahl probably wasn't wearing a mask because (assuming the chairs were distanced apart like in all COVID era in person Trump interviews) why would you do that during an interview? Trump's three second clip doesn't give any context for when it was taken (a minute before the interview, 30 minutes before, right after Trump stormed out?).
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2020, 05:21:16 PM »

Im guessing she wasn’t wearing a mask because she was just about to start talking with Trump and they were doing the interview without masks on.

Or she'd just finished and was talking with someone before putting a mask on after finishing her (socially distant) interview with Trump. Maybe the footage will prove me wrong, but I'm extremely skeptical the White House wouldn't insist on a maskless interview. ("Dumb Leader Stronk! No Need Mask! Trump Not Fear Puny Virus!")
Brandern
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »

Pardon my ignorance but is there something special about this journalist that makes Trump's attacks so reprehensible?

It's Lesley Stahl...The hottest reporter on the Mike Wallace and Andy Rooney news team...
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »

I'm guessing he faceplanted hard and either said something terribly offensive or accidentally revealed something incredibly damning, like he did with Woodward, and walked out after realizing it. Remember how Trump immediately gave up during that press conference when he realized he just told people to inject bleach?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2020, 05:40:30 PM »

If you have a problem with everybody, the problem is you.

Who doesn't Trump beef with?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2020, 05:47:20 PM »

His daughter.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2020, 05:47:51 PM »

His daughter.

Not for lack of trying, I'm sure.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies