GA (NYT/Siena) - Tie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:43:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  GA (NYT/Siena) - Tie
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: GA (NYT/Siena) - Tie  (Read 2785 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2020, 01:58:18 PM »

I could still see Trump holding GA. It will all depend on the turnout in the Atlanta metro area.
The Atlanta metro will have monster turnout, it will be the margins in the suburban counties and how rest of Georgia votes
forsythvoter

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2020, 02:23:27 PM »

This poll actually makes me more likely to think GA is going to go for Biden. The key number in this poll is the 52-40 margin Trump has with white college educated voters - a margin like this would be disastrous for the GOP here. This is a demographic that dominates suburbs like Forsyth, Cherokee, Fayette, etc. and where Republicans usually run 70-30 or better. It'll be very difficult for Trump (or any Repub) to win if these counties trend 10%+ Dem this election.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2020, 02:36:44 PM »

I only believe in G E O R G I A  J O E because of so many undecideds. If you haven't figured out yet if you're voting for Trump yet then I truly don't know what the hell is the matter with you. Maybe the undecideds break 3rd party because they can't will themselves to vote for Trump again. I can't fathom not knowing what you're gonna do right now when you've had 4 years to digest the "Trumpiness"
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 06:23:27 PM »

Honestly, with the high amount of undecideds that continues to plague Siena polls, this really doesn't tell me much about Georgia one way or the other.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2020, 06:25:28 PM »

I could still see Trump holding GA. It will all depend on the turnout in the Atlanta metro area.
The Atlanta metro will have monster turnout, it will be the margins in the suburban counties and how rest of Georgia votes
I know this is off-topic, but when was the last time Atlanta voted Republican? I assume that it was 1972 or 1984, but I am not quite sure.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 06:42:56 PM »

New Poll: Georgia President by Siena Research Institute on 2020-10-19

Summary: D: 45%, R: 45%, U: 7%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2020, 06:50:02 PM »

I know this is off-topic, but when was the last time Atlanta voted Republican? I assume that it was 1972 or 1984, but I am not quite sure.

Not sure about the city level, but Reagan was the last Republican to win Dekalb County in 1984.

The last Republican to win both DeKalb & Fulton Counties was Nixon in 1972.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies