Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:11:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal  (Read 2696 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: October 20, 2020, 09:53:58 AM »

Breathtaking news!
Limbaugh was very important in the political sphere (for worse imo) His passing reflects a changing of an era.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 01:05:51 PM »

Politics aside, my condolences to him and his family during this difficult time

Finally something good here. The compassionate lefties here who want him dead are simply disgusting.
Hey champ, you dropped these.

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 01:11:52 PM »

Anyways, I in no way believe that us liberals should be celebrating the untimely lung cancer diagnosis/progression of Mr Limbaugh.
I think we should all hope for the best and that we will be able to breathe easily again knowing we are not stooping down to the level of Qanoners.

Even if this news is a breath of fresh air, and even though I am tempted to laugh at the top of my lungs, it’s simply important we don’t act like complete a**holes.

Terminal lung cancer is no joke, and if I were Mr Limbaugh, I wouldn’t hold my breath on a possible cure, but I hope for the best.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 09:22:29 PM »

Hmmm....didn’t catch that in my post.
Hopefully I didn’t make an accidental breathing pun in my subsequent call for unity.
That would be completely distasteful and would certainly not be intentional in any way.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:28:57 PM »

My congrats to the mod team (TG and Mr X in particular) for keeping fairness and equality in applying the rules. Personally I think mocking someone's death (or terminal illness) is in poor taste at best and horrible at worst.

Now, if you do want to "legalize" mocking someone's death that is fine; but if you do, you should be consistent and not act surprised or outraged if say for example, Obama tragically died and there were comments mocking his death.

Anyways, current policy seems to be that mocj
king someone's death = big no and I fail to see a reason for a special exception here? (Maybe if say, Lukashenko or the Ayatollah died it'd make more sense?)
The question is, what is the line between dark humor and something being plain offensive.
As someone born in the edgy meme sub-generation, I don’t see a line at all but where do you put it?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies