Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:07:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal  (Read 2690 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2020, 01:40:52 PM »

Rush Limbaugh on the dangers of smoking:
"That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There's no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you...Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does. Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it's true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots ... I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I'm saying."

When Bill Clinton (under the advise of Dick Morris and Mark Penn) argued that the FDA should be able to regulate tobacco as a “drug”, Limbaugh, Bob Dole, and McConnelll opposed this. Who was Dole’s Convention Manager? Paul Manafort.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2020, 02:02:57 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 03:18:43 PM by Frank »

Celebratory posts are going to lead to a 24 mute from this board.  You've been warned (those of you whom this is directed at know who you are)!

The quoted post applies to situations such as this as well.  Folks should not be celebrating the fact that a person they disagree with is probably going to die soon just because they disagree with the person's political views.  Whatever else Limbaugh is, he's still a human being.  I've already had to delete multiple posts from this thread, so I want to nip this in the bud.

So, why are you deleting posts you simply disagree with then?  Either ideas matter or they don't.

I mean, if you're simply enforcing the rules of the board, fine, but I personally don't need the virtue signaling.

And I note the obvious contradiction:  people can have have any political view they want, no matter how extreme, they're no big deal, nothing more than a matter for disagreement  but you can't express certain political views.

I don't think there is any more trite saying right now than, 'it's just a disagreement of political views.'

“The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed, the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influences, are usually slaves of some defunct economist.”
― John Maynard Keynes
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »

Celebratory posts are going to lead to a 24 mute from this board.  You've been warned (those of you whom this is directed at know who you are)!

The quoted post applies to situations such as this as well.  Folks should not be celebrating the fact that a person they disagree with is probably going to die soon just because they disagree with the person's political views.  Whatever else Limbaugh is, he's still a human being.  I've already had to delete multiple posts from this thread, so I want to nip this in the bud.

If this applies when Trump dies I'm quitting Atlas. Some people deserve whatever comes to them.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2020, 02:16:14 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2020, 03:44:42 AM by Crumpets »

Since my last post in this thread got deleted, I'll repost the gist of it hopefully with a bit more taste. Limbaugh is well-known for demeaning someone who is themself suffering from a terminal illness, belittling his suffering, and suggesting he was just doing it for political gain and/or money. When they go low, we go high, yes. But in this case, I'm fine with "high" being, like, maybe six inches higher than "low." Respect is always earned, basic human decency is not. I hope we have the decency not to gloat over his condition, but I do not and will not respect him unless he wants to spend the rest of his life making up for the pain he has inflicted on others and maybe showing he understands that he used his position of power and privilege to denigrate people who are less well off and empower the worst aspects of human behavior, exactly the same bad behavior that we now have to put aside out of deference to him.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2020, 03:19:08 PM »

If you can't bring yourselves to at least pretend to be respectful. Find somewhere else to post, I will not tolerate it anymore than I did in any other thread like this.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »

Good thing the moderators are working overtime to protect the honour of noted angelical human being Rush Limbaugh
At least were trying to be consistent, everyone is always bitching about how biased we are and here you go, try to be consistent and still bitching.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2020, 03:29:09 PM »

If you can't bring yourselves to at least pretend to be respectful. Find somewhere else to post, I will not tolerate it anymore than I did in any other thread like this.

“Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.”
John Adams

Seriously, how bad can it be?  After all, it's just a political disagreement.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2020, 04:13:27 PM »

Terminal illnesses do kill, and he is a born again evangelical, and I hope that he makes peace with the maker before he goes
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »

Good thing the moderators are working overtime to protect the honour of noted angelical human being Rush Limbaugh

Thank goodness the innocent racists and bigots are protected on these boards, while dangerous Rush Limbaugh mockers are dealt with appropriately by our forum moderators…

Those are just 'political differences.'
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »

Thank goodness the innocent racists and bigots are protected on these boards, while dangerous Rush Limbaugh mockers are dealt with appropriately by our forum moderators…
No one is forcing you to stick around skippy.

Censorship!
Anyone can go back over however many years I have been in charge of this board and see that my policy for threads like this have always been exactly the same no matter where on the political spectrum the subject is, Anyone who has a problem with it is free to file a complaint with my boss.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2020, 04:50:02 PM »

Censorship!
Anyone can go back over however many years I have been in charge of this board and see that my policy for threads like this have always been exactly the same no matter where on the political spectrum the subject is, Anyone who has a problem with it is free to file a complaint with my boss.

Censorship is still censorship.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »

Censorship!

This is a message board, not a public square. TG is a fair mod.

I hate Limbaugh but there's no reason to dance on his grave. Be a little more creative, brucejoel's post stayed up and basically said the same thing.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2020, 04:52:18 PM »

Censorship!

I know your trying to bait me lol
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2020, 05:02:50 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 05:06:51 PM by Frank »

Censorship!

This is a message board, not a public square. TG is a fair mod.

I hate Limbaugh but there's no reason to dance on his grave. Be a little more creative, brucejoel's post stayed up and basically said the same thing.

I have not had a post deleted in this thread.  My comments have all been about the little hypocrisies or the unthinking following of conventions or the trite views expressed here.

I know and respect the rules, but 'we shouldn't wish anybody dead over differences of political opinion' is just utter trite nonsense.

It's one thing to be for or against increasing defense spending, or for or against increasing or decreasing taxes, those are 'political differences.'  Poisoning the public square with lies and hate as Rush Limbaugh has done for years is not merely a matter of 'political differences' any more than wearing or not wearing a mask in an indoor public space is a matter of 'political differences.'

Limbaugh has argued against wearing masks indoors in public spaces.  He doesn't give a damn about human life, except his own evil life.

I don't wish Rush Limbaugh dead, but after he is dead: RIH Rush.

If the best one of the moderators can do is fall back on this trite idiocy of 'political differences' then they really haven't thought about their views.

In regards to censorship, many people, including some here, are now claiming that twitter or facebook shouldn't be allowed to make editorial judgement or delete comments because that's 'censorship.'  Of course this website is smaller than those, but the principles are the same.

darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2020, 05:07:11 PM »

I hope he lives to see Trump get defeated.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 05:07:32 PM »

I hope he gets better and it turns around for him. Like whatever about his politics idc I just know if I was about to die of cancer I'd be pretty upset and mad, and scared. So I mean he might be feeling that too, and that's just rough.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2020, 05:16:52 PM »

I despise Limbaugh with a passion, Doesn't mean I'm going to allow a separate set of rules because of it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2020, 05:30:41 PM »

While he is going a bit overboard with it I will say that Frank does have a valid point that Limbaugh has done vile things on a personal level that goes beyond political disagreements. While I’m not gonna dance on his grave I’m also not really gonna begrudge anyone here who feel little sympathy for a guy who mocked Fox’s Parkinsons
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2020, 05:31:51 PM »

While he is going a bit overboard with it I will say that Frank does have a valid point that Limbaugh has done vile things on a personal level that goes beyond political disagreements. While I’m not gonna dance on his grave I’m also not really gonna begrudge anyone here who feel little sympathy for a guy who mocked Fox’s Parkinsons
This is all I'm asking for.  Smile
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2020, 05:53:23 PM »

Same.  This whole hullabaloo stems from Frank’s demand for inconsistent and politically biased moderation. 
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2020, 05:55:04 PM »

Same.  This whole hullabaloo stems from Frank’s demand for inconsistent and politically biased moderation. 
I mean I know There is censorship here, It is literally my job to censor lol.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 06:12:26 PM by Frank »

This is all I'm asking for.  Smile

Same.  This whole hullabaloo stems from Frank’s demand for inconsistent and politically biased moderation.  

I haven't asked for any moderation here.  All I've asked for is for you to think before throwing out nonsense that dislike/hatred for Rush Limbaugh is just due to 'political differences.'

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2020, 06:18:39 PM »

I hope he gets better and it turns around for him. Like whatever about his politics idc I just know if I was about to die of cancer I'd be pretty upset and mad, and scared. So I mean he might be feeling that too, and that's just rough.

You are too pure for this forum. We don't deserve you.

The best Goose Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2020, 06:39:33 PM »

Same.  This whole hullabaloo stems from Frank’s demand for inconsistent and politically biased moderation.  

I haven't asked for any moderation here.  All I've asked for is for you to think before throwing out nonsense that dislike/hatred for Rush Limbaugh is just due to 'political differences.'

Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2020, 06:46:09 PM »

It's possible, but my point still stands.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies