Anger impacting the short-term/ lack of perspective
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:47:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Anger impacting the short-term/ lack of perspective
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anger impacting the short-term/ lack of perspective  (Read 99 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2020, 05:42:33 PM »

After a long time of double standards done by myself in relation to British Politics, I’ve come to a position that my previous statements were completely infantile and disconnected from reality. While I’m pessimistic about the soft left being in full control of the party after Momentum lost its hold, voting for the CPB out of anger and not the plain facts is downright foolish in the current time. Yes, the new leadership aren’t committed in rhetoric of going further in ensuring worker political control and are bad in relationship to foreign policy, but how is the current haze a good atmosphere to bring about class consciousness.

The British government is complicit in being complicit in its malice against the old and disabled. In light of that and the extreme austerity of the Tories, it makes little sense to vote for a micro party or abstain in the British system right now. It’s a farce, but sometimes you have to play ball, and there is nothing stopping one from engaging in direct action and be a member of an outside organization while realizing that you got to play ball. Furthermore, Labour is still beholden to organized trade unions, and that’s undeniable after all the crypto-liberals got mad and left in the Corbyn years. The following logic, at least in spirit, works in Australia as well in most constituencies—especially when you compare that the alternative are deranged revisionist sex cults. New Zealand is an interesting case where I probably won’t vote unless the Labour Party is at risk of losing a majority. Similar case here at home too.

There’s a reason why most genuine organizations are offering critical support against the RW fools in power now, and are based under the circumstances we are in, even though I think in the US they are overly spooked. /rant

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies