Do non-Abrahamic religions forbid Homosexuality? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:03:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do non-Abrahamic religions forbid Homosexuality? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do non-Abrahamic religions forbid Homosexuality?  (Read 712 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: October 15, 2020, 03:26:52 PM »

Because of non affirming faiths, I think we're likely to see more ironic/non ironic LGBT/queer cults take root, if Gen Z choses to embrace some sort of spirituality. It's there in some corners already with tarot/astrology.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 02:43:32 AM »

Because of non affirming faiths, I think we're likely to see more ironic/non ironic LGBT/queer cults take root, if Gen Z choses to embrace some sort of spirituality. It's there in some corners already with tarot/astrology.

There is also the Metropolitan Community Church which was specifically created by and for LGBT Christians. I used to know a transwoman who was strongly affiliated with the church in Chicago, and she said that it was growing.

Yes. And of course a shout out to the Quakers. LGBT Christians unfortunately are more often than not having to forge their own spaces but that's been the case with oppressed groups in the Christian community throughout it's history.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies