Hillary wins in 2016 a behind the scenes look at the next four years and beyond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:53:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Hillary wins in 2016 a behind the scenes look at the next four years and beyond
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary wins in 2016 a behind the scenes look at the next four years and beyond  (Read 3187 times)
Politics Fan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2020, 05:37:04 PM »

360, S. (2017, November 06). What Happened to Hillary Clinton's Election Night Confetti? Retrieved October 14, 2020, from https://slate.com/culture/2017/11/studio-360-and-an-artist-who-reworked-clinton-s-unused-confetti.html Please note all times are est unless otherwise noted

3:15 am November 9th 2016 Wolf Blitzer: CNN is now prepared to make a major projection. Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton will hold on to the state of New Hampshire bringing her to 232 Electoral Votes. She trails Republican nominee Donald Trump 248 Electoral Votes to 232 with the states of Michigan Wisconsin Pennsylvania Arizona and the second congressional district of Nebraska undecided. Back to you John...

Hillary Clinton: [sigh] What are the numbers looking like? I just want this night to be over. Not what I was expecting.

John Podesta: We just pulled ahead in Michigan by about 300 votes and have mostly are best areas to report. Wisconsin is only Trump +5500 with Milwaukee mostly dominating the yet to report election day votes and absentees favoring us. Pennsylvania Trump will probably pull ahead in the election night vote but we have a decent size lead in absentees. Nebraska-two and Arizona probably stay Trump. Senate Chuck is following but looks like we lost that sadly.

Chuck Schumer: We have retained all are seats but looks like we have only gained Illinois and probably New Hampshire with Missouri and Pennsylvanian still possibilities depending on absentees. Wisconsin is a loss. We needed to spend more money there. Still if we can hold on to the Presidency which I am optimistic we will we can regroup and correct are mistakes from this cycle.

Barack Obama: I just heard back from scrutineers on the ground in Milwaukee and we should pull within 500 votes after the latest round of election day votes are reported with a few more to come. We should hang on there. Just need Pennsylvania.

Politics Fan

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 05:57:14 PM »

Schreckinger, B. (n.d.). "He Thought He Was Going to Lose": Inside Donald Trump's Election Night War Room. Retrieved October 14, 2020, from https://www.gq.com/story/inside-donald-trumps-election-night-war-room

3:41 am Mike Pence: I know your optimistic Donald but I wouldn't be so giddy if I were you your behind by 1790 in Michigan only up by a few thousand in Wisconsin and up by 26,408 with very little election night vote to count and absentees in Pennsylvania.

Donald Trump: Absentees aren't enough to save Hillary unless there is fraud. K. I am winning in the election day vote and if anything happens that is "funny" I am challenging. Hillary is not stealing this election.

Paul Ryan: Make that 551 votes now in Wisconsin. Milwaukee just reported a bunch more votes and is not finished reporting.

Donald Trump: Crooked Milwaukee strikes again!

Paul Ryan: I don't like the Dems any more than do but it's not fraud. If you lose that's on you. This was a winnable election and

Donald Trump: I'm not taking advice from someone that chocked away a winnable election. The deck was stacked against me from the crooked media Dems ungrateful Republicans and do you know one thing I'm not letting anyone steal this election from me.

Mitch McConnell: Stop it both of you! Your both part of a team and the expectation is you work together. Let's wait for the election results to come in before deciding anything.  

Politics Fan

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 06:29:34 PM »

5:05 am Wolf Blitzer: CNN can make another major projection Democratic nominee for President will win the state of Michigan.  Hillary now ties Republican Donald Trump with 248 Electoral Votes with Wisconsin Pennsylvania Wisconisn Arizona and Nebraska's Second congressional district left to count.

Bill Clinton: [Shouting] YES! Wisconsin is ours we just need Pennsylvania.

Tim Kaine:If we do get Pennsylvania via absentees are you at all worried Trump will pull something through the Republican controlled courts?

Barack Obama: He can try and he'll throw a silly tantrum but I'm confident are justice department will prevent this from happening.

Hillary Clinton: Should I give a speech I really want to say something?

John Podesta: Wouldn't be a bad idea before Trump declares victory or does something stupid.

----------------------------------------------

Donald Trump: CROOKED DETROIT. I was ahead all night..

Paul Ryan: Donald enough. Your 8165 votes behind now.

Donald Trump: NO I was ahead all night before those crooked Dems

Kellyanne Conway: He has a right to be pissed if we do indeed lose.

Mike Pence: Can we please stop with this fraud stuff until we get evidence.

Donald Trump: How else can Dems win. The deck has been stacked against me and I have won. I am going out now to speak to my supporters.

Kellyanne Conway: PLEASE DON'T we need to wait. I believe your going to win but please wait.

Mike Pence: Yeah we don't need to make a fool of ourselves.

Donald Trump: Were up 29,978 votes with everything in and we need to spread the truth I won.

Paul Ryan: Not the absentees

Donald Trump: Unless Dems cheat I won

Trump walks up and leaves the room.

Mike Pence: [Shouting] Please don't go unless you don't declare victory

Pence than runs after Trump.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 06:30:57 PM »

I know this is Clinton winning, but I kind of want the remaining EVs to break 21-21.
Politics Fan

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 07:12:04 PM »

David Martosko, U. (2016, November 09). America's new President Donald Trump returns to Trump Tower after his election victory. Retrieved October 14, 2020, from https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3918258/Trump-claims-early-lead-wins-Indiana-Kentucky-Virginia-Georgia-close-call-America-decides.html

5:46 am Donald Trump: [standing in front of a crowd of supporters] [crowd shouting "USA" "USA"]

[Shouting] Tonight we have proven the doubter wrong! We have proven the pundits wrong! and most importantly we have proven the Democrats wrong [loud cheering]

We have won the presidential election! [cheering from crowd]

While the fake news media and Democrats may not [Mike Pence runs on stage] want to admit it Mike Pence [Trump raises his hand] will lead our great nation in a era of peace and prosperity [cheers] and away from the failed policies of Obama and crooked Hillary Clinton [Cheers]

-----------------------------------

Bill Clinton: Hillary go out there now and speak. I know it's rude but..

Hillary Clinton: On my way [Hillary runs off towards the stage]

Barack Obama: I just talked to someone in the Pennsylvania state party and were on track to win the state via absentees. Though it will be very close

Tim Kaine: That's a relief!

Bill Clinton: I assume the DOJ is ready for any idiocy from Trump.

Barack Obama: Yes assuming we legitimately win I am confident we will stop any attempt in court to the steal the election. My only concern is to ensure we blunt any narrative Trump has won which is simply not founded in facts.

------------------------------------------

Hillary Clinton:[Speaking in front of nervous crowd] Tonight America has had a chance to vote and we are still waiting on the final verdict from the America people [cheer]

It is premature to declare victory but we have won the popular vote and am confident we will win the electoral vote [large cheers]

I humbly would like to thank all our supporters without you we couldn't make tonight possible. Until we have a final result this will be all for now! [cheers] [crowd chanting: Hillary Hillary]

Politics Fan

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 08:55:46 PM »

6:10 am Paul Ryan: Mike why didn't you try and stop him?

Mike Pence: I had no choice! I couldn't interrupt his moment

Donald Trump: Paul I won. I don't care what anyone says I won with all the election day vote in Pennsylvania barring some crooked counting from Dems.

Paul Ryan: That lead can be overridden by absentees.

Donald Trump: Through voter fraud sure but a court will make it right!

Wolf Blitzer: After dueling speeches we now have another major state call. Hillary Clinton will carry the state of Wisconsin putting her 12 Electoral votes away from victory. Donald Trump clings to small leads in Arizona Pennsylvania and Nebraska's second congressional district but CNN is unable to call them due to a large amount of yet to be counted ballots. Back to you Anderson..

Donald Trump: Crooked Milwaukee!

Paul Ryan: [shakes head] Enough!

-------------------------------------------------
John Podesta: So everything comes down to Pennsylvania. The senate is pretty much set on 52-48 and House a small net gain for us?

Barack Obama: Pretty much though we probably hang on to the Presidency via Pennsylvania. Moving forward we need to talk Supreme Court. Republicans are going to keep that seat empty if Hillary wins.

Hillary Clinton: I won't stand to let Republicans hold the seat hostage for four years. We either need to get two of Murkowski McCain or Collins to defect or do a recess appointment.

Chuck Schumer: I think trying to talk to Murkowski and Collins is best. Both are more likely to be convinced to support Garland if he's ok as a pick with you.

Hillary Clinton: That's fine we just need a liberal on the court.

Chuck Schumer: Well it's best to wait until we win officially. Anyway next steps before we go home?

Barack Obama: If it's alright with everyone here I will address the country about are results situation tonight while I would like John to reach out to the Trump campaign to see if we can reach an understanding.

Hillary Clinton: That is fine. Though I have no faith in Trump being cooperative. Just hope his supporters accept the results if we win.

John Podesta: I can do that though really I expect no understanding from Trumps campaign.

Politics Fan

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 10:00:31 PM »

John Podesta. (2020, August 25). Retrieved October 15, 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Podesta

12:45 pm John Podesta: [over phone] Hello Kellyanne congrats on a good night. Looks like you have 249 Electoral Votes. I am calling to talk about next steps. We can agree hopefully that this election comes down to Pennsylvania?

Kellyanne Conway: Thanks same to your campaign. We can agree on Pennsylvania but really I am not at liberty to talk about the next steps until we see the results from Pennsylvania. My candidate believes he has the votes to win and I respect him on that.  

John Podesta: Do you agree than that he won? If your campaign loses the count is your candidate prepared to concede?

Kellyanne Conway: My opinion is irrelevant all that matters is Donald Trumps opinion. Look we will look at next steps after all ballots are counted not before.

John Podesta: Ok lets say your campaign loses by 1000 votes will you still press on towards a recount or push for the court to throw out ballots over fraud? Like I hope you agree that their is no fraud?

Kellyanne Conway: Will let the facts speak for themselves. Will concede if we believe we lost and challenge if we believe we won. I'm sure your campaign would do the same. Bye. [Hangs up phone]  

---------------------------------------
1:15 pm John Podesta: [over phone on conference call] I talked to the Trump campaign and they won't commit to not challenging the results.

Barack Obama: Doesn't surprise me knowing Trump. Anyway Nebraska two has been called for Trump. No surprises. Arizona should be called soon for him as well. Pennsylvania should start counting absentees today and will know by next week or so. Anyway  

Hillary Clinton: Thanks well that's what we expected really. Pennsylvania can't have recounts because of no paper trail. So Trump can't challenge the results.

Nancy Pelosi: Hillary not to get ahead of ourselves but I think it's best if you start preparing to be President seeing how our numbers point to you winning.

Hillary Clinton: I've already been thinking about it [laughs] for a while.

Chuck Schumer: Please no non safe seat Democratic Senators.

Hillary Clinton: I won't. I plan on having several current members in the cabinet plus new but familiar faces.

Barack Obama: Like I wouldn't make any decisions right now just think about it.

Hillary Clinton: As soon as we find out that we have won I plan on having a conference call on my cabinet and we can discuss things further.

-------------------------------------------------------

1:23 PM Kellyanne Conway: [over phone on conference call] John Podesta wanted me to comment on how we would handle a defeat.

Donald Trump: You said nothing right?

Kellyanne Conway: Yeah of course but Donald losing is a real possibility. We will see the ballots counting to start today but internal numbers show Hillary ahead by a very small margin.

Donald Trump: WHAT WHAT BEHIND NO!

Mike Pence: Absentee Ballots lean heavily Democrat. I'm not saying we should concede but to temper expectations. Look on the bright side we won Nebraska's second congressional district.

Paul Ryan: Donald you did better than many expected. Please just accept the results.

Donald Trump: I will if I win. If not will see but I will not let fraud deny me the White House.

Paul Ryan: Enough with the fraud talk please.

Mitch McConnell: We need to be united not divided. Enough with this pointless speculation. Donald if their is clear fraud we can challenge the results than you may challenge in court. If not than we need to move on. If you can be cooperate than we might be able to help you get elected to something in the future.

Donald Trump: I WANT TO BE PRESIDENT. I WON

Paul Ryan: [sigh] Whatever just don't be complaining when I don't support a pointless legal challenge. Besides you can't even recount Pennsylvania anyway because of no paper trail. 

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:22:03 PM »

I want Arizona to go D and the rest to go R.
Politics Fan

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 11:16:00 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama#/media/File:President_Barack_Obama.jpg

Barack Obama 5:45 pm: [on conference call] I just want to touch in before my speech tonight that I will be stressing the need for unity regardless of results. We can't have protests turning into riots. We already have had some protesters on both sides getting into fights today. My second concern is to combat Trump from sending misinformation throughout the nation about the election. He has not won and we need that to be clear. He has already tweeted saying "Dems are being sore losers and may steal this election." It is the time to remain calm.

Hillary Clinton: That sounds good also Pennsylvania has narrowed to Trump +22,082 with several tens of thousands of ballots to count. I'm liking what were seeing so far.

Barack Obama: Like I said will remain optmostic but we have to wait it out

------------------------------------
Barack Obama 8:00 PM: [Address to the Nation]

Thank you for everyone that has tuned in all across our great country. Yesterday as a country we partook in a great and necessary tradition where you got to make your voices known. The election for President is very very tight with  tens of thousands of votes yet to be counted in the undeclared states. Tonight it is clear that we will need to wait several days to declare the true winner. No matter what anyone says it is not possible to say confidently who won until all ballots are counted. However we will have an accurate count done by a non partisan agency and will have complete results in the coming weeks.

Regardless of the final results we need to be united as a country. While I am fully aware we all have are disagreements and many will be disappointed with the results no matter what we still need to accept them. We need to accept that elections have winners and losers that doesn't mean however just because your side lost that whoever wins won't be your President. Both a President Hillary and Trump will be a President for everyone. Peaceful protests and demonstrations are welcome as part of a democracy but violence does not belong as part of this great country. We are not blue America red America just America.

While I support Hillary Clinton I will fully accept Donald Trump being President if he wins and it is my hope Republicans will accept a Hillary Presidency. This is the time we need to be united behind our many common similarities and constructively discuss our disagreements. Thank you for tuning in to listen and goodnight.  

Politics Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 03:29:11 PM »

Crowley, J. (2020, October 10). Federal judge knocks "uncertain assumptions" behind Trump case to make PA ballot boxes unconstitutional. Retrieved October 15, 2020, from https://www.newsweek.com/federal-judge-trump-campaign-gop-pennsylvania-ballot-boxes-unconstitutional-1538086

3:45 PM November 19th John Podesta: [On Conference call] So Pennsylvania is done counting absentees today and we should pull ahead to a close but comfortable lead of 1897 vote lead. So first off my congrats to President elect Hillary Clinton but second we need to talk about next steps in wrt to unifying the country and handling Trump plus Cabinet and Supreme Court.

Hillary Clinton: Thanks! I really just want this thing certified I know Trump is going to spread misinformation. He has over the last ten days saying the narrowing of the margin was "suspicious and crooked Dems trying to steal this election." Regardless I think it's best we talk about the Supreme Court first than Cabinet. Though I have formulated a list of people I am considering for each position.

John Podesta: Well certification is not tell the 28th though it's over in all intents and purposes we should have everything published soon and hopefully a CNN projection soon.

Barack Obama: I think it's best Hillary for you to present yourself as President. Give a victory speech tonight and let Trump make a fool of himself with a pointless legal challenge. As for the Supreme Court seat if this is ok with you I think it's best we start by convincing Murkowski and Collins to back Garland and put pressure on McConnell to allow both hearings and a final vote.

Bill Clinton: I think that's a fair idea but why not try and convince them to caucus with  us instead. Both are kind of out of step with the Republican base and really don't rely on strong Conservative coalitions to win.

Chuck Schumer: Collins will never switch she might be a "moderate" but she is truly committed to the party. We might get her to bluff though if Mitch really tries to keep this seat open for the next four years. Murkowski could be convinced to switch but that's still a Republican majority. McCain is also like Collins we might get him to bluff but the key is to convince a working majority of senators to support Garland that Mitch has no choice.

Hillary Clinton: Sounds fair to me. Though I think we should still press to get a pair of party switchers so we can flip the Senate.

Chuck Schumer: We can try I just don't think it will work. Though we might get two to bluff about switching. Really we should discuss about getting Flake on board as well with supporting Garland.

Barack Obama: Anyway Hillary you wanted to talk about Cabinet who are you thinking of including? You don't have to name everyone.

Hillary Clinton: First off I would like to have a gender balanced cabinet that leans heavy on experience. I'm going to include some Progressives but I don't feel like I need to do it for Sanders or anything. Ideology is second to me as long as they are on board with our agenda and priorities and are qualified along with working well with me.  Anyway this is what I'm thinking:

State: Either Joe Biden or Susan Rice. Both are interested and I am going to interview both in the coming days along with Bill and John.

Treasury: I'm planning on appointing Elizabeth Warren to this post. She has accepted the position tentatively. Don't worry Chuck she is my only Senate appointee  

Attorney General: Planning on keeping Loretta Lynch on board.

Commerce: Penny Pritzker will be retained

Labor: Susan Davis has tentatively accepted

Defense: Ash Carter or whomever loses out at Secretary of State if they want the job.  

Agriculture: Stephanie Herseth Sandlin has tentatively accepted

Interior: Sally Jewell is being retained

Health and Human Services: Russ Feingold is someone I'm eying though I have to interview him first.

Housing and Urban Development: Raúl Grijalva or Marcia Fudge

Transportation: Anthony Foxx will be retained

Energy: Kurt Schrader or Diana DeGette

Education: John King will be retained

Veterans Affairs: Bob McDonald will be retained

Homeland Security: Jeh Johnson will be retained

Politics Fan

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 07:01:20 PM »

Li, D., & Pettypiece, S. (2020, July 02). Trump says NYC painting 'Black Lives Matter' in front of Trump Tower is a 'symbol of hate'. Retrieved October 15, 2020, from https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-says-nyc-painting-black-lives-matter-front-trump-tower-n1232705

5:07 PM Donald Trump: [Conference call] WHAT BEHIND. CROOKED PHILLY STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Ryan: Calm down Donald ok. I know your upset but it's not worth losing it over this. You lost fair and square.

Donald Trump: NO I DID NOT. IT"S RIGGED RIGGED. I Had no chance. THE...

Paul Ryan: You lost by nearly two thousand votes and none of our party scrutineers witnessed fraud. Please just concede and admit you lost.

Donald Trump: I want a recount and besides none of this would have happened if it wasn't for the crooked media and ungrateful Republicans like...

Mitch McConnell: ENOUGH both of you! Were a party and it's time for us to accept the results and move on. Donald you ran a good race and should be proud of beating everyone's expectations but it is time to move on. As for both of you we need to work together as a party. We still have the house and we have the senate. We can block Hillary's liberal agenda and the Garland pick. Speaking of which we need to start strategizing on what  were going to do next Congress.

[Donald Trump left chat]

Paul Ryan: Mitch is everyone on board with keeping the Scalia seat open?

Mitch McConnell: For now yes though a few members concern me. I hope to hold a party caucus meeting soon. As for the election I want to put that behind us. If Trump wants to do a recount that is his right but I will not support him and neither should any of us.

Mike Pence: I don't want one either but don't want to tick of Donald. I think I'm going to try and talk him out of one. We really need to put this defeat behind us. Also I am hoping to run for Indiana Senate in 18 if you don't mind Mitch.

Mitch McConnell: That is welcome. I fully support a Pence run for Senate in 18. Please talk to Roger Wicker about that but I'm sure he would be welcoming of you being a candidate. Anyway next week we should have a chat with Wicker and Priebus about about the future of the party and elections in 2017 and 2018.

Paul Ryan: Sounds good to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

(n.d.). Retrieved October 15, 2020, from https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/full-text-hillary-clintons-2016-election-concession-speech/story?id=43388311

8:00 PM Hillary Clinton: [Acceptance Speech]

Tonight we have made history. [cheers "Hillary" ''Hillary"] We have proven in America all things all possible.[cheers] We have shattered the glass ceiling [cheers].

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

While much work is still to be done. We have pushed forward towards the path of true equality in America. An America where gender race sexual orientation should not matter! [cheers]. America has chosen unity over division equality over prejudice and hope over despair.  

I would like to thank the many that voted and supported my campaign. Without your efforts tonight would not be possible. I would like to start off by thanking  one of my greatest political mentors my husband Bill Clinton who has helped me greatly along the way. I would like to thank President Barack Obama for both his help along the way and his noble service to this great country. To my campaign manager John Podesta running mate Tim Kaine and all my campaign staff thank you for all your hard work and dedication. Thank you to everyone that voted for as well along with all you election workers that made this election possible. Congratulations to all of this months winners from the Senate all the way down to dog catcher [laughter] I look forward to working with all of you as President. Lastly thank you to Donald Trump for providing a challenge this campaign.  

You have elected a strong experienced and compassionate Democratic team to navigate our great country over the next four years. You have said to keeping and expanding much needed healthcare reform, yes to sensible immigration reform that promotes diversity and openness and yes to practical solutions to climate change.

I would like to recognize that not many in our great nation did not vote for myself. As President I desire to serve all Americans not just my supporters and it is my hope that I can win over your trust these next four years.

ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 08:24:01 PM »

The dialogue is so cute omg. I wanna see this for 2020 whoever wins
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 08:34:46 PM »

Can’t wait to see how Hillary handles COVID-19
Politics Fan

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 10:07:13 PM »

Mike Pence. (2020, October 14). Retrieved October 16, 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pence

9:00 PM Mike Pence: [On Phone] Donald I know this is going to be tough for you but I want us to concede.

Donald Trump: No I don't want to concede!

Mike Pence: You understand we lost by nearly 2000 votes and no one on our campaign found voter fraud. Besides you can't have a recount in Pennsylvania because of no paper trail. Look we have no hope of winning. All your going to do is cost money on legal fees and make a fool of ourselves.

Donald Trump: [long pause] I had no chance. The deck was stacked against me crooked media ungrateful and unhelpful Republicans. I should be the winner.

Mike Pence: You have a right to be ticked but it's time to move on. By prolonging this your only going to hurt yourself and the party. Please just do the right thing and don't challenge the results. You don't even need to congratulate Hillary or anything just leave this election alone. Besides you can run for something else in the future.

Donald Trump: Can I be a US Senator from Florida? Like I want to run in 18.

Mike Pence: umm Sure you can run. Like no guarantee you'll be the nom..

Donald Trump: Ok if you support me I won't challenge the results.

Mike Pence: Fine I guess we can do that.

--------------------------------------------------------

11:10 PM Mike Pence: [phone call] Hillary I would like to extend my congratulations on your victory for President and wish you luck for the next four years. It was an interesting race.  

Hillary Clinton: Thanks same to you. So this means Donald is conceding? No court case?

Mike Pence: No legal challenge. I can't say he wants to congratulate you at this time. I can explain.

Hillary Clinton: Whatever I don't care at this point. I'm over this Trump can do what he wants

Mike Pence: I know it seems rude but I can explain. I know Trump is...

Hillary Clinton: Yeah I know Trump is Trump. Anyway I have to go and talk to some others. Goodnight and best of luck to you.

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 10:36:40 PM »

Great work so far!
Politics Fan

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 10:58:12 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2020, 11:03:15 PM by Politics Fan »

Republican Party (United States). (2020, October 10). Retrieved October 16, 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States)

1:30 PM November 20th Paul Ryan: [Conference Call] Mike What! You did What? (rhetorical) You endorsed Trump for Senate from Florida. He doesn't even live in Florida. This is a disaster an unmitigated disaster. Were going to blow this race again.

Mike Pence: I had no choice Paul was I going to let Donald hurt myself and this party over some stupid lawsuit? Besides he won Florida before he can do so again. Besides he can move to the state.

Paul Ryan: So let him make a fool of himself. No one will care about this in two or four years. Besides he beat Hillary Clinton who is one of the most polarizing pols around by a very very small amount. This is not Bill Nelson who is popular in the state.

Mitch McConnell: If he wants to run he has the right at least he won't be challenging the election results. Paul or anyone else is not forced to support him if they don't want to. Whomever wins the primary is our nominee and their is an expectation as party members we support them. Bill Nelson is not some unbeatable titan either in a Clinton midterm. I have no qualms about Trump for senate and am confident he can win.

Paul Ryan: So you support him? We can't let him blow another race for us. I know Nelson is overrated but he's no Hillary.

Mitch McConnell: Look Paul 2018 is a long way off and I'll decide who if anyone to support than. Let's all just focus on governing and than of course 2017 first. We have our caucus meetings tomorrow than will have a conference call with the others in party leadership afterwards and we can discuss takeaways from 2016 and our strategy for the next Congress and 2017.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 01:00:08 AM »

I imagine the high number of returning Obama appointees is because Hillary knows that McConnell won't give any of her cabinet nominees a hearing if Republicans control the Senate?
Politics Fan

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 01:14:09 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2020, 01:19:18 AM by Politics Fan »

Kennedy Caucus Room. (2017, December 07). Retrieved October 16, 2020, from https://www.senate.gov/reference/common/image/Caucus_room.htm

10:00 AM November 21st Mitch McConnell: Good morning everyone and welcome to all the new members. Also congrats on everyone that won in 2016. Today will be the first of many meetings we will have. As a party caucus it is vital that we stay united as a party and a team. We have a very narrow majority and can not afford to lose many votes less we let Hillary get her liberal agenda passed.

First topic Supreme Court yes to get this out of the way I do intend to to keep the Scalia seat open until 2021 when we have hopefully elected another Republican President. Now if anyone has any issues you talk to me about it not Chuck or Hillary.

Yes Lisa

Lisa Murkowski: Aren't you concerned what message this sends to voters? It just seems wrong to deny Hillary a chance to at least nominate her. We lost on this gambit...

Mitch McConnell: No one cares except for partisans Lisa and 'moderates'. Now we won the Senate and that clearly shows the American people were ok with our tactics. Now do you want to surrender to Democrats and let them run wild with their liberal judicial activism.

Lisa Murkowski: No but I just think we need to respect traditional norms and...

Mitch McConnell: Norms who cares. Democrats don't they abolished the filibuster for judicial nominees and it's clear they would do the same in our position. Now like I said if anyone else has concerns speak them to me. ok no one has any. Let's move on shall we.

Cabinet now that is something we let at least hearings on if they are reasonable but trust me I'm not going to let any far left or partisan unqualified hacks take seats or.

Susan Collins: Can we at least give people a chance to have a hearing.

Ted Cruz: No we don't let hacks or unqualified people get a chance. You don't give liberals an inch. We are ensuring that Hillary is a one termer.

Mitch McConnell: See Ted gets it. Look folks we need to be reasonable. Hillary can get a couple appointees to some minor posts but she is not getting anything liberal done here or consequential. Now that we understand that will move on to a quick tutorial for new people.

---------------------------------------------------

10:45 AM Hillary Clinton: I'm done my cabinet list. Here it is:

State:Joe Biden

Treasury: Elizabeth Warren

Attorney General: Loretta Lynch

Commerce: Penny Pritzker

Labor: Susan Davis

Defense: Susan Rice

Agriculture: Stephanie Herseth Sandlin

Interior: Sally Jewell

Health and Human Services: Russ Feingold

Housing and Urban Development: Marcia Fudge

Transportation: Anthony Foxx

Energy: Diana DeGette

Education: John King

Veterans Affairs: Bob McDonald

Homeland Security: Jeh Johnson

Barack Obama: Impressive list. My only concern is getting them all confirmed or even hearings.

Hillary Clinton: I'm not letting Mitch sabotage my Presidency. Anyway were going to talk to Lisa and Susan today.

Chuck Schumer: Yes we will also going to meet with Jeff as well tomorrow. Maybe McCain if need be. I'm confident we might get a few people along with Garland confirmed. I worry about some on that list though.

Politics Fan

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 01:17:44 AM »

I imagine the high number of returning Obama appointees is because Hillary knows that McConnell won't give any of her cabinet nominees a hearing if Republicans control the Senate?
Yes there is concern among Democrats that might happen. Though an attempt is being made to prevent that by getting a couple more moderate Reps on board to pressure McConnell.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 01:24:23 AM »

Yes there is concern among Democrats that might happen. Though an attempt is being made to prevent that by getting a couple more moderate Reps on board to pressure McConnell.

Those people (except for McCain, perhaps) don't really exist.
Politics Fan

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 01:07:12 PM »

Chuck Schumer. (2020, October 16). Retrieved October 16, 2020, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Schumer

12:41 PM Chuck Schumer: Lisa first off congratulations on your re-election to the Senate. Today I would like to discuss the issue of the Garland nomination and cabinet appointments President elect Hillary would like to make.

Lisa Murkowski: Thank you and same to you Chuck. Well I can't comment on the cabinet list until I see it but I do think they should get hearings. As for Garland I guess I would be open to supporting him provided he does well in the hearing. I really need to know more about him first before committing fully to his support

Chuck Schumer: You support him getting a hearing?

Lisa Murkowski: Sure yeah I guess he should get one though I don't see Mitch letting him get one.

Chuck Schumer: Did you pressure him? If you truly believes he deserves a hearing than you need to speak up and pressure him.

Lisa Murkowski: Sure I have made skepticism with leaving that seat open known but it's not going to matter. Mitch won't listen and unless we lose the senate we won't get a hearing for him.

Chuck Schumer: Would you be willing to considering caucusing with us? You are certainly welcome to. We..

Lisa Murkowski: Chuck I respect you and even though I have my differences with Mitch at times I am a proud Republican and I don't feel like leaving the party at this time.

Chuck Schumer: That is fine than. Can I please at least get you to sign this forum saying you support giving Garland a hearing and you support Clinton's cabinet getting a hearing.

Lisa Murkowski: Sure fine I'll sign it no promises I will support anyone though. I would like to meet with these people first.

Chuck Schumer: Thanks I will get you in touch with Garland and everyone on that list.

Lisa Murkowski: That would be acceptable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck Schumer: Susan good afternoon I would like to talk to you about the Garland nomination and Cabinet appointees.

Susan Collins: Thanks and same to you Chuck. If this is about my support of either Garland and Hillary's Cabinet I have to say I'm not comfortable supporting them until I see them have a hearing.

Chuck Schumer: That's fine than do you at least support hearings?

Susan Collins: Sure all nominees deserve hearings. Anyway can I see Hillary's cabinet list please?

Chuck Schumer: Sure here you go. Can you at least support some of them.

Susan Collins: Like I said I'm not committing support until after hearings. Though I'll be happy to meet with them.

Chuck Schumer: Can you please sign this forum saying you support hearings and regardless I will set you up with a meeting with you individuals.

Susan Collins: Sure I'll sign.

----------------------------------------------

Chuck Schumer: [sigh] Well at least we got support for hearings a majority support.

Bill Clinton: Do you really think Mitch will side with this list? Does he really care?

Barack Obama: We just really have to get two senators to bluff about switching sides and put pressure on Mitch to at least give in or barring that wait until Mitch finally forces the senate into recess and appoint people than.

Hillary Clinton: We need to play hardball on this. We need to get two Senators to at least threaten to switch sides and get the public on our side. Make it so we nationalize the 2018 midterm around Mitch.

Chuck Schumer: That won't work sadly as the public has demonstrated they don't care about Republican dirty tricks are best bet is just try and rally the base against Republican obstruction and hope 2018 is a neutral to small Republican leaning year. Were not winning the Senate in 2018 maybe 2020 more likely 2022 or 24.

Hillary Clinton: I'm not losing in 2020 so probably 2024 unless we win by a large margin in 2024.

Barack Obama: Anyway I agree Hillary you can win in 2020 anyway lets focus on now first. I think we might be able to get Lisa to at least bluff and maybe Flake who has already suggested Garland should get a hearing. Hatch has suggested the same sadly McCain suggested the opposite but things can change in private.

Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 04:36:20 PM »

Does COVID 19 exist?
Politics Fan

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 07:15:29 PM »

Yes it will happen in the same time period as real life. Were still in late 2016 in the TL.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 05:18:00 AM »

Yes it will happen in the same time period as real life. Were still in late 2016 in the TL.
Okay. I understand, as it started in China and has nothing to do with American politics.
Turbo Flame

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »

I really like this timeline. It feels like I'm watching a movie.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies