MO-SEN 2022 megathread: ERIC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:07:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-SEN 2022 megathread: ERIC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25]
Author Topic: MO-SEN 2022 megathread: ERIC  (Read 35142 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: August 03, 2022, 01:13:54 PM »

Not that it was necessary going to be competitive with Greitens, but this firmly solidifies the seat in the GOP column and gives them one less race to worry about or spend on.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #601 on: August 03, 2022, 02:40:12 PM »

Wait, Greitens didn't even crack 20% of the vote and is in 3rd place? LOL!

Somehow the dude reminds of a GOP version of Eliot Spitzer.

Spitzer's conduct was actually less serious or not illegal, only morally questionable. And he just ran for New York City Comptroller in 2013, five years after stepping down as governor. He was narrowly defeated then.

Anyway, good riddance, Erotic Eric.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #602 on: August 03, 2022, 04:11:48 PM »

I'm glad Greitens did terribly. From all accounts he's the worst kind of politician.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #603 on: August 03, 2022, 04:26:49 PM »

Man, I remember before all the scandals Greitens was discussed as a possible POTUS candidate one day. How the mighty have fallen.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #604 on: August 03, 2022, 07:43:53 PM »

Embarrassing result for Billy Long. I guess the sex tape scandal really damaged his chances.

He is the last person I would ever want to see in a sex tape. The literal last. I would watch Harry Knowles in one before him.

I'm glad Greitens did terribly. From all accounts he's the worst kind of politician.

One of the few things that nearly all posters on this site seem to agree on is that Eric Greitens is pure scum. Just an unrepentant awful person that can be recognized by everyone.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #605 on: August 03, 2022, 10:21:31 PM »

Didn't see any chance for momentum with Greitens - granted I don't watch local TV often, but I never saw a single commercial for him. The ads running against him that read his wife's testimony about his domestic abuse were damning, it would have been very difficult to come back from that. I'm surprised Trump went with "Eric" instead of going all in on Schmitt since it was pretty obvious he'd win.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #606 on: August 03, 2022, 10:34:30 PM »

I'm glad Greitens did terribly. From all accounts he's the worst kind of politician people.

Ftfy
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #607 on: August 23, 2022, 05:07:42 PM »

John Wood has ended his Independent bid for the Senate.

John Wood, a former investigator for the Jan. 6 committee who launched an independent bid for U.S. Senate in Missouri, said Tuesday he was withdrawing from the race.

Wood, who positioned himself as a conservative alternative to the Democratic and Republican nominees, said there was no path forward for his bid after controversial ex-Gov. Eric Greitens lost to Attorney General Eric Schmitt on Aug. 2 in the Republican primary.

Wood’s exit sets up a more conventional contest for Missouri’s open U.S. Senate seat on Nov. 8, doing away with the possibility that an independent would act as a spoiler.

Schmitt faces Democrat Trudy Busch Valentine in the race. Libertarian Jonathan Dine and Constitution Party candidate Paul Venable also appear on the ballot.

Following Wood’s announcement, Valentine issued a statement inviting “any independent-minded Missourian” to join her campaign. She called Schmitt a “ladder-climbing career politician with a disturbing track record of selling out hardworking Missourians.”

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies