MO-SEN 2022 megathread: ERIC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:40:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-SEN 2022 megathread: ERIC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25
Author Topic: MO-SEN 2022 megathread: ERIC  (Read 35156 times)
user12345
wifikitten
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: May 08, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »

Hartzler is mostly rurals in central west Missouri with a few Kansas City exurbs.

She's just the worst. In every way.

Discount Joni Ernst with extra climate change denial.

Joni Ernst with an extra heap of homophobia.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2021, 11:30:22 AM »

Hartzler is mostly rurals in central west Missouri with a few Kansas City exurbs.

She's just the worst. In every way.

Discount Joni Ernst with extra climate change denial.
With or without pig farming?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2021, 04:22:19 PM »

Quinton Lucas met with DSCC and is seriously considering, Luetkemeyer is also considering.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2021, 05:12:22 PM »

Almost every Republican in Missouri's House delegation is considering a run. I believe Sam Graves is the only one who isn't.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #329 on: May 13, 2021, 06:31:29 AM »

This will be fun.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #330 on: May 14, 2021, 11:39:02 AM »

Not to forget that in an institution where seniority is everything (especially with regards to appropriations), a congressional delegation packed with freshmen and a Senate delegation in which both members are first-termers will have a noticeable impact on a state that already overwhelmingly feels ignored by the federal government. Gerrymandering Cleaver out exacerbates this.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #331 on: May 14, 2021, 03:58:35 PM »

I’m wondering if there are so many Republicans that a ‘conservative but not embarrassing’ moderate could sneak through the primary just running in St. Charles and the KC burbs.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #332 on: May 14, 2021, 07:47:56 PM »

I’m wondering if there are so many Republicans that a ‘conservative but not embarrassing’ moderate could sneak through the primary just running in St. Charles and the KC burbs.

Ironically, Sam Graves could fill that role very well, but he may be the only congressional R not running. Such is the absurdity of Missouri.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #333 on: May 14, 2021, 11:54:35 PM »

Ironically, Sam Graves could fill that role very well, but he may be the only congressional R not running. Such is the absurdity of Missouri.

He's the "Dean" of Missouri's congressional delegation, if I'm not mistaken, having first been elected in 2000. His accumulation of House seniority may be the reason why he's (apparently) not running for Senate.
Duke of York

« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2021, 06:52:50 AM »

I hope he runs. He’d be a formidable candidate.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #335 on: May 15, 2021, 06:57:20 AM »

He's the "Dean" of Missouri's congressional delegation, if I'm not mistaken, having first been elected in 2000. His accumulation of House seniority may be the reason why he's (apparently) not running for Senate.

Idk if this is true or not, so take with a big grain of salt b/c my source left the office on bad terms and is more than a little disgruntled, but I heard from a friend who used to be a mid-level staffer in Graces’ office that it was an open secret among his higher-ranking staffers that Graves had affairs with multiple lobbyists and got privately scolded by the leadership (along with Trent Franks and two other members whose names I’m forgetting atm) to get their act together b/c their philandering/behavior toward women was so out of control in one way or another that Boehner was gonna cut them lose if it became public rather than wasting any time or political capitol trying to defend their behavior.  

If that’s true, maybe Graves isn’t running b/c he’s worried his affairs with lobbyists will come out and sink him in the primary.  Again though, take with a grain of salt b/c the source is a disgruntled mid-level employee whom I have known to exaggerate/embellish even when the core premise of his stories are definitely true (ex: it could really be that leadership once told Graves and a few others to stop getting overly friendly with lobbyists b/c it was giving the appearance of a possible affair or might lead to one, idk).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #336 on: May 15, 2021, 08:11:17 AM »

I hope he runs. He’d be a formidable candidate.

D's aren't winning MO, Greitans is the next Senator, but if Franklen or Sand runs in IA they can beat Reynolds or Grassley, last poll had Reynolds under 50%

Last poll had Trump up 15% over BIDEN
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #337 on: May 15, 2021, 08:17:46 AM »

It doesn't matter, this race is Safe R no matter what happens.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: May 15, 2021, 08:33:31 AM »

D's need to put all their resources on an Afro American candidate into NC with Cheri Beasley, she can win, which I am doing, donating to Ryan whom was tied, will donate to Fried for Gov and BEASLEY

But, Jackson can win too
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #339 on: May 16, 2021, 06:25:32 AM »

There’s no harm in consistently running strong candidates as scandal/wave insurance.  It’s actually an important part of rebuilding state parties and running an effective 50 state strategy (both of which the party badly needs although obviously it should be coupled with pragmatism about where and how much we invest resources).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: May 16, 2021, 07:42:06 AM »

Yeah you can run wave insurance seats but don't donate but to anyone but Ryan, Jackson, or Beasley or Stephanie Murphy, or WARNOCK, those are the swing seats

Fetterman, Kelly, Hassan and Nelson will win but you can donate the them too, but Kelly and Fetterman have enough money
Lognog
United States

« Reply #341 on: May 16, 2021, 01:19:03 PM »

There’s no harm in consistently running strong candidates as scandal/wave insurance.  It’s actually an important part of rebuilding state parties and running an effective 50 state strategy (both of which the party badly needs although obviously it should be coupled with pragmatism about where and how much we invest resources).

There is literally nothing to lose except when they get a bit over ambitious like a Mcgrift type
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: May 16, 2021, 03:37:10 PM »

I am not getting excited about Quinton Lucas until he throws his hat in the ring
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #343 on: May 17, 2021, 07:25:27 PM »

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #344 on: May 17, 2021, 11:47:57 PM »

Doug Jones says hi.

And happily, it looks like a disgraced sex pest is also the GOP front runner here.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #345 on: May 18, 2021, 02:09:37 PM »

Let this be the end of Eric Greitens!
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #346 on: May 18, 2021, 02:36:50 PM »

It doesn't matter, this race is Safe R no matter what happens.

Doug Jones says hi.

And happily, it looks like a disgraced sex pest is also the GOP front runner here.

The main reason Jones won was because he was the D candidate in a special election in a massive D wave environment (the fact that he was facing an unpopular and criminally incompetent campaigner/serial underperformer obviously helped, but it’s hard to overstate how much turnout patterns were in the Democrats' favor in that election). Not at all comparable to this regular Senate election, which, indeed, is Likely/Safe R with pretty much any R candidate and will almost certainly be Safe R by election day.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: May 18, 2021, 02:45:26 PM »

Doug Jones says hi.

I'm

You keep talking about massive D waves and Rs haven't even won the PVI since 2014 and haven't won the EC College since 2016 what does it matter in a blue wave if the Rs can't win the PvI in 5 yrs if you lose, you lose, and a blue wave can appen in 2022, not 2021 on ADS.
I will endorse Quinton Lucas if he runs period

D's shouldn't worry about what Rs are saying on Generic ballot and 2018, we won OH, IA, NC, FL in a 5.0 Environment in 2008/12, we can win them in 2022 as wave insurance to keep the H
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #348 on: May 18, 2021, 03:29:10 PM »

His sites on the web and he's on Fox tonight. Time for another carriage on the crazy train.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #349 on: May 18, 2021, 10:59:50 PM »

Surprised he's even got a twitter account that's still up.

Well this'll be an interesting race unless he ends up actually getting prosecuted. Or maybe he'll get pardoned if Parson hasn't done so yet.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies