MI-NYT/Siena: Peters +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:21:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MI-NYT/Siena: Peters +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-NYT/Siena: Peters +1  (Read 4330 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: October 12, 2020, 12:29:31 PM »

A lot of undecided African American voters. I think they will break for James.

Why? I've written this elsewhere but his overperformance with them last time was much smaller than with other demographics and I've not seen a decent pitch for why he'd be significantly more appealing to black voters specifically this time around (relative to other MI voters, that is).

I do think this year he gets a slightly better percentage than 2018 as 2018's campaign was more just appealing to the GOP base, I heard 2020's campaign focused a bit on working with the black community and he held a decent number of events in detroit itself, it should still be very low and I expect the undecided African Americans to break hard for Peters but I think it will be higher than 2018 where it was around 2.5% in Detroit's blackest areas compared to 1.2 and 1.3 for Schuette and Trump. I think if we analyze those precincts this year I expect around 4%. Im not sure how suburban black people vote. You would expect a higher rate than Detroit itself but that may not be true. I checked in Maryland which is probably the only state where one can check income differences between AA's and there was no difference for even Hogan in Baltimore inner city areas against UMC suburbs in PG county.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 12:36:36 PM »

My guess anyway is Biden +5 for the presidential race and Peters +2-3.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 12:48:19 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2020, 12:55:38 PM by #proudtikitorchmarcher »

couldn't find the first one by bagel.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies