2008 Presidential Match-up Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:34:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Presidential Match-up Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Match-up Poll  (Read 1286 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »

McCain: 49%
Clinton: 38%

McCain: 51%
Gore: 33%

http://www.diageohotlinepoll.com/06_May_Pressrelease.pdf
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 01:19:21 PM »

Numbers in parentheses are the numbers from the previous poll.

Rudy Giuliani - 49% (51)
Hillary Clinton - 40% (39)

Rudy Giuliani - 50% (55)
Al Gore - 37 % (32)

*GOP Nomination*
Rudy Giuliani -  42%
John McCain - 40%

http://www.pollingreport.com/WH08rep.htm - Giuliani leads almost 90% of those polls.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »

Regardless of any polling numbers, there is NO WAY Giuliani will EVER, let me repeat, EVER, win the Republican Presidential nomination.

Giuliani as the Republican nominee for President is a non starter.  It is simply not going to happen.

If a Republican is elected President in 2008, that President should nominate Giuliani for a cabinet post, although not for the position of Attorney General.  Giuliani would be an excellent choice for Secretary of Homeland Security.

John McCain stands a much better chance to win the Republican Presidential nomination, and the Presidency itself, than does Giuliani.

At least, that's the way I see it.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:41:17 PM »

Regardless of any polling numbers, there is NO WAY Giuliani will EVER, let me repeat, EVER, win the Republican Presidential nomination.

Giuliani as the Republican nominee for President is a non starter.  It is simply not going to happen.

If a Republican is elected President in 2008, that President should nominate Giuliani for a cabinet post, although not for the position of Attorney General.  Giuliani would be an excellent choice for Secretary of Homeland Security.

John McCain stands a much better chance to win the Republican Presidential nomination, and the Presidency itself, than does Giuliani.

I think Republicans are focusing too much on social issues to really see the possibility of a Giuliani ticket. I seriously believe that Republican voters will be going to the polls with immigration reform (McCain's fatal leftist issue) and the economy in mind. Which is why Giuliani has a shot. Abortion and Gay rights will not be GOP factor in 2008. I garuntee it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 04:06:38 PM »

I think Republicans are focusing too much on social issues to really see the possibility of a Giuliani ticket. I seriously believe that Republican voters will be going to the polls with immigration reform (McCain's fatal leftist issue) and the economy in mind. Which is why Giuliani has a shot. Abortion and Gay rights will not be GOP factor in 2008. I garuntee it.

Winfield is correct on this one, Vlad.  Republican primary voters are of two types - 1) the rich, who are the only people doing well in the current economy, and 2) the extreme social intolerants who make up the great majority of the base. 

The bad economy which exists for the majority will not cause the extreme social intolerants to suddenly start voting for some wop who is just as right-wing on economic issues as George Bush but disagrees with them on the issues they care most about.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »

Winfield is correct on this one, Vlad.  Republican primary voters are of two types - 1) the rich, who are the only people doing well in the current economy, and 2) the extreme social intolerants who make up the great majority of the base. 

The bad economy which exists for the majority will not cause the extreme social intolerants to suddenly start voting for some wop who is just as right-wing on economic issues as George Bush but disagrees with them on the issues they care most about.

They may not vote for Rudy, but there is a high possibility that they wont vote at all. Whcih is why the GOP will lose control in 06'...their disaffected base will stay home. Just my prediction.
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 03:47:27 AM »

I disagree with most of that.  Immigration is the issue du jour today, but won't be in 2008.

Gay 'rights', and by that we mean 'gay marriage' since no sane Republican contender will advocate stripping basic rights from homosexual Americans, could be a factor, depending on how that issue plays.

Abortion will be a crazy issue, since the South Dakota case will reach the Court in 2007 or 2008. 
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 11:15:45 AM »

I highly doubt that abortion will trump the immigration issue in this country.  These polling results tells a lot of the story. Immigration isn't some whiny distraction issue like the Terri Shavio case...this issue will be around until someone fixes, and at the rate our current legislators are going...it doesn't look it's going to be fixed anytime soon.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies