GA-PPP: Biden +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:07:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  GA-PPP: Biden +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-PPP: Biden +1  (Read 4192 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 10, 2020, 07:36:03 AM »

Contrary to popular opinion I think a decent number of those black undecideds will vote Trump or stay home. Same for what few white undecideds there are left. Since there's likely more social pressure in the black community to be anti-Trump, there have been more "undecideds" in the polls this cycle.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 12:27:00 PM »

Contrary to popular opinion I think a decent number of those black undecideds will vote Trump or stay home. Same for what few white undecideds there are left. Since there's likely more social pressure in the black community to be anti-Trump, there have been more "undecideds" in the polls this cycle.

With all due respect as a black voter I find this comment to be silly and ridiculous

Friends and family that I know are not anti trump because somebody put social pressure on them
They are anti Trump because they simply don't like the man or his policies

people have lost their jobs during all of this and they have also lost friends and family members thanks largely to trump poor response to this virus.  

Its a slap in the face to say them being rightfully upset with trump is not because of his failures as a president but its simply because of social pressure

I was only referring to undecided black voters. And there's probably more social pressure to be anti Trump among college whites as well. Just as there's more pressure to be anti Biden among rural whites. Point being - if you're still undecided at this point, I would guess you lean towards the candidate most in your social group lean away from. That's literally all I meant.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 12:32:48 PM »

With all due respect as a black voter I find this comment to be silly and ridiculous

Friends and family that I know are not anti trump because somebody put social pressure on them

people have lost their jobs during all of this and they have also lost friends and family members thanks largely to trump poor response to this virus.  

Its a slap in the face to say them being rightfully upset with trump is not because of his failures as a president but its simply because of social pressure

I suppose the question is, with all that in mind why are 9% of black voters in GA still undecided?

Because Trump has more appeal in the black community than most care to admit, especially here.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2020, 01:44:36 PM by Horus »

I suppose the question is, with all that in mind why are 9% of black voters in GA still undecided?

Because Trump has more appeal in the black community than most care to admit, especially here.

Well if that is the case I have seen no evidence of it in the past 4 years and Im in a red state like Louisiana so if trump was getting growing black support I would have seen something by now

but so far not 1 single friend or family member has ever came up to me and said they now support Trump in 2020. Even my aunt who voted for him 2016 is not supporting him this time around

now as you said maybe GA is different but in Louisiana many black voters around here still don't like or support Trump

If you compare this week's Pew poll to their poll from exactly four years ago, black voters, even black women are one of the few groups Trump has improved with. I don't think there's some enormous secret black vote for trump, could even be a dead cat bounce, but it's there.

And as Kalimantan pointed out, if everything you say about Trump is true, and I believe that it is I hate the guy, why are 9% of Georgian black voters still undecided? social pressure is not something that is unique to the black community nor was I implying that it was, but because Trump is not popular in said community don't you agree that his supporters there might be a little less inclined to speak up? I believe what you've said about your family but that's only qualitative, if you're an outspoken Biden supporter, Trump supporters will probably be less likely to open up to you. that is something that is true across the country, people don't want to get in political arguments especially with those close to them.

My only point - don't assume that a pool of undecided voters strongly leans Biden just because that pool of voters is mostly not white. it is 3 weeks from the election and they're still undecided, obviously Trump's doing something to keep them interested.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:56 AM »

I was only referring to undecided black voters. And there's probably more social pressure to be anti Trump among college whites as well. Just as there's more pressure to be anti Biden among rural whites. Point being - if you're still undecided at this point, I would guess you lean towards the candidate most in your social group lean away from. That's literally all I meant.
I

Most people just roll their eyes when you go into your non stop Trump is going to come from behind and win this election Doom same Spiel. No one really cares and mostly ignores you are one hit wonder ubiquitous posts in this vein. However, you've crossed the line here into being kind of obnoxious and insulting.

Seriously, quit while you're behind.

Undecided voters deserve scorn and then some. How can you look at this dumpster fire of a presidency and still be undecided?

Speaking of scorn, it's nice to finally be on the receiving end of your eternal rage after all this time. Love you too Badger, have a great morning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies