COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:18:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 534967 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« on: August 04, 2020, 11:55:23 AM »

Wow, who would’ve guessed that countries that have re-opened irresponsibly are surging in cases compared to countries that took this seriously and locked down from the start and stayed in lockdown until the virus was under control.

Preventative measures are gonna prevent, y’all.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 08:58:26 PM »

I guess it's interesting to see how many students are wearing masks? But posting pictures of random students minding their business at school is kind of creepy.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 10:38:01 PM »

I guess it's interesting to see how many students are wearing masks? But posting pictures of random students minding their business at school is kind of creepy.

Whatever

This is no expectation of privacy in public places.

Is a school a public place? Is it ok for just anyone to enter a school, especially when children are present?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 05:45:14 PM »

This virus is literally making me become CRRRAAAAAAZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYY

We see that.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 04:14:17 PM »

180k+ people have died within 6 months, including my husband's uncle....
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 10:42:37 AM »

But he restricted travel from China in March!!!!!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 01:08:06 AM »

I guess Parsons should’ve worn a mask.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 01:19:33 AM »

Parson is now the second Governor to have contracted coronavirus, following Governor Stitt of Oklahoma, who got it about two months ago (if I'm recalling correctly). And like Stitt, Parson has mishandled his state's response to the pandemic. I'm still waiting to see if other Governors like Kristi Noem, Kim Reynolds, Pete Ricketts, Brian Kemp, and Ron DeSantis, to give a few names, will end up contracting the virus as well.

Isn't Parsons the guy that told parents to expect their kids to bring covid home?

Yes.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 10:51:36 PM »

Florida reported 2,851 new cases yesterday.
Good. The more overwhelmed hospitals, the better for Biden.

See folks, it really is true...liberals don't want America to get better unless there's a Democrat in the White House.  The reaction to the pandemic is (and always has been) overtly political. 

Dr. Lurker is the only one taking that position.

Just like Obama was the only one who believed rural Americans "clinged to guns and religion?"  or Hillary Clinton the only one who believed Trump's supporters were "a basket of deplorables?"

No, Forumlurker is only giving voice to how the liberal establishment and their supporters have turned COVID into a political weapon and how they justify unequally applied restrictions and lockdowns. 

Wow you’re really over here connecting dots that don’t really exist. Your mind!
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2020, 11:45:28 AM »

Wow! Biden has only been President-Elect for 2 days and he's already delivering results! /s

King
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 11:04:19 AM »

I'm not sure if "I'm 100% right and you're all privileged and rich brats" is a strong concluding argument.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 11:51:08 AM »

I'm not sure if "I'm 100% right and you're all privileged and rich brats" is a strong concluding argument.

What I stated is literally true.

I just feel like the people here who support stringent lockdowns have like no income to lose or aren't in any danger of evictions, etc. I am not in any danger of that either if there was a stringent shut down. But you can scream 100,000 times that there should be a stimulus. But .. there is not a stimulus right now.. so we have to focus on mitigation measures rather than stringent lockdowns.

Why is the anger directed towards me when until recently, I supported greater mitigation measures than almost any Democratic governor? Throw the anger on your governors. Not me.

I just think it’s a failure to act on our government’s side. Lockdowns, yes, but we need to provide people and workers basic income if they can’t go to work, assistance to businesses (especially small businesses) to stay afloat and rent/mortgage relief. The government did the bare minimum on this half a year ago and called it a day and that’s a failure on their part.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 12:02:00 PM »

What I stated is literally true.

I just feel like the people here who support stringent lockdowns have like no income to lose or aren't in any danger of evictions, etc. I am not in any danger of that either if there was a stringent shut down. But you can scream 100,000 times that there should be a stimulus. But .. there is not a stimulus right now.. so we have to focus on mitigation measures rather than stringent lockdowns.

Why is the anger directed towards me when until recently, I supported greater mitigation measures than almost any Democratic governor? Throw the anger on your governors. Not me.

I just think it’s a failure to act on our government’s side. Lockdowns, yes, but we need to provide people and workers basic income if they can’t go to work, assistance to businesses (especially small businesses) to stay afloat and rent/mortgage relief. The government did the bare minimum on this half a year ago and called it a day and that’s a failure on their part.

Well do not take the anger out on me....  Its societies failure not mine. My positions are based on what we have to work with now.

I also see a strong correlation with people who support full on lockdowns do not have a job or income to lose.

I didn't take anything out on you.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 10:33:20 AM »

Nearly 200k infections a day and over 2k deaths with a vaccine right around the corner.... but yes let’s open schools now. Y’all want people to get sick so bad.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2020, 10:19:51 AM »

Vaccinating the people in nursing homes alone will have a major effect. That combined with protecting health care workers will help with the hospital capacity crunch a ton.

I also wonder at what level do things start to drop on their own. Seems like the Dakotas are hitting some kind of natural slowdown where the virus is having a harder time spreading. It is still lingering but cases and hospitilzations have really fallen off in ND.

Of course both states have some advantages in their lack of density.

shhhhh few people want to acknowledge this.

Who’s not acknowledging what?

Obviously vaccinating the most vulnerable population will have a drastic effect.

Over the summer people were gloating, saying that the virus is naturally dying down and it’s okay to go out and socialize, despite the fact that there were small spikes after every holiday (Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day). And now... here were are again. It’s as bad as it was in March/April and less people give a sh**t.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 10:37:46 AM »

It’s probably fine but pointless. Considering how strict and difficult it will be to get a vaccine, I doubt the administrators will allow it though.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 11:43:04 AM »

How did Israel get access to so much vaccine?  They’ve already vaccinated 20% of their population; not other major country is over 2%.  Even if we had actually used all our supply, we’d only be at 6%.
Prime Minister Netanyahu?

Pfizer has agreed to speed distribution to Israel in exchange for records of adverse reactions. Israel keeps more records of their citizens, uses paper ballots, requires ID to vote, and has walls to keep out illegal immigrants.

Ah, so build the wall so we can all get vaccinated. Ok.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 06:28:54 PM »

Ok so... Mexicans shouldn’t be blamed for Abbott’s dumb bitch decision and just because you saw four of them not wearing a mask one time, doesn’t mean they all hate it.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 03:47:08 PM »

Masks slow the spread of the virus, they don’t eliminate it. 💀
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 02:28:24 PM »

Happy COVID Anniversary everyone. It's been 1 year (give or take a few days for the region) since everything here went to hell.

We now begin our second year of "2 more weeks."

Just 2 more weeks this time! You only have to miss 2 more weeks of school and stay at home for 2 more weeks! We promise! Trust us this time!

lol no one has said this in... a year.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2021, 09:34:37 AM »

Just got a surprise e-mail from Wisconsin Public Health! I'm getting my vaccine dose tomorrow. I'll have to drive 45 minutes to get to the clinic with the surplus supply, but it's well worth the drive.

Yup. I’m going to San Francisco today for it, so I need to take the afternoon off, take an hour long ferry ride and then a 30 minute walk, but it’s fine.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2021, 04:05:54 PM »

I’m waiting right now to get my shot and somehow I think I’m the only person in this line to have been born in the ‘90s.

My shot is in a couple of hours. I wonder if I'll feel the same.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2021, 07:58:34 PM »

I got Pfizer #1.

A lot of younger people too. Then again this was at a large vaccination center in San Francisco.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2021, 02:02:54 PM »

Speaking of the vaccines, I have a two-shot appointment for March 27 and April 24. I'm pretty sure it's the Pfizer one.

It's likely the Moderna if your appointments are four weeks apart.

My husband just got his first Pfizer shot and the second appointment is four weeks from now.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2021, 11:03:08 AM »

#PfizerGang
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies