COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535274 times)
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« on: March 23, 2021, 06:10:01 PM »

Not all of the students are wearing masks. I assume that North Paulding requires masks for teachers and staff, but that they are optional for students. And these are high school students nonetheless, who should be mature enough to be able to wear them throughout the day. If 5-year old Little Johnny can wear one, then all of these 17 or 18-year olds can.

This is my problem with opening schools. There’s no way everyone is going to wear a mask all the time, and there’s definitely no way people are going to stay away from each other. This goes for all ages. And then there’s lunch…
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 07:43:26 AM »

Lowest deaths since September 27 I think
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 08:48:54 PM »

This J&J outcry is ridiculous. Fauci is and always has been a fool
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 06:52:03 PM »

Got my first dose today, Pfizer since I’m under 18. It hurt more than I expected but so far all I have is a sore arm. Unfortunately the nearest Krispy Kreme is like 30 miles away.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 09:40:55 AM »

As it wasn't enough...

Whitmer visited elderly father in Florida during pandemic
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer traveled out of state more than a month ago to visit her elderly father, a snowbird who has lived in Florida and has a chronic disease, her office said Monday.

The disclosure confirmed reporting by the Lansing-based publication MIRS. It came weeks after the governor warned the public about spring break trips, particularly to Florida, amid a surge in coronavirus cases. Two of her top aides, including Michigan’s health director, vacationed in southern states despite a state recommendation to avoid travel.

Spokesman Bobby Leddy said Whitmer “did not go on spring break” and went to “assist her elderly father, who is battling a chronic illness.” He did not say which state she visited, but the governor said early in the pandemic that her father was a snowbird in Florida with “compromised lung function, and I’m worried about him.”

Rules for thee, not for (D) me.

It literally says it’s a recommendation. And visiting an elderly relative with a chronic illness is as good a reason as you can get to go against the recommendation. Wow
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 05:59:11 PM »

Private schools are jokes. Abolish private schools
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »

"DeathSantis" is trending on Twitter because the left is enraged that Florida has ended all remaining COVID-related emergency orders.  The real stats show that there is no correlation between lockdowns and rate of transmission.  California and Oklahoma, two states which took very different approaches, have two of the lowest rates in the country.  Michigan, Florida, and Colorado have the highest.  Texas, which ended their remaining COVID measures over a month ago, is still seeing a decrease in cases.  It is time to reopen America now.  To all the communists who think otherwise, you are still welcome to wear a mask in public and isolate yourselves indefinitely.

...really? You're still doing this?

Yes, really.  These are the facts.  I don't live in a left wing fantasy land like many people here.  Keep up the attacks, though.  I think more and more Americans will see through them as life returns to normal in red states.  I am really looking forward to President Ron DeSantis in 2025! 😂👍

Wouldn’t the facts actually lead you to believe Newsom would be the best president to handle the COVID crisis?

What about Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Alabama?  They are also among the lowest rates.  Stop cherry-picking data!

“stop cherry picking” lmfao dude
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 02:44:07 PM »

Thank you Mr. President!

Seems too unambitious. We’ll probably beat that
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 01:31:08 PM »

Got my second dose (pfizer) today and didn’t feel anything. Last time they stuck the needle in for a while presumably to insert the vaccine but this time it was super quick. My arm isn’t even sore. Apparently a lot of people’s reactions have been “did they even give me anything?”

I just hope I don’t feel like I have the flu tomorrow
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 05:48:13 PM »

Again, we really need a new thread title, or a new thread in general. 162 pages is more than enough.

Yeah, I have no idea why the mods are so against it. It’s not that hard, and they’ve already done it 5 times
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 08:40:11 PM »

Wait what? Did a bunch of states stop reporting daily?
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 08:58:31 AM »

under 40%  70% red
at least 40% but less than 45% 50% red
at least 45% but under 50%  30% red
at least 50% but under 55% 30% orange
at least 55% but under 60% yellow
at least 60% but under 65% 30% green
over 65% 70% green (! -- over 72% in Vermont)

Why did you make this key as confusing as humanly possible

Nice maps though
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 09:30:27 PM »

Why does there seem to be a reoccurrence of red this week?

Because of the announcement of Red (Taylor’s Version)

Similar resurgences happened on Spotify and Apple Music
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2021, 02:44:43 PM »

WHO Urges Fully Vaccinated People To Continue Wearing Masks As Delta Variant Spreads—But No Word From CDC

World Health Organization (WHO) officials stressed Friday the need for fully vaccinated people to “continue to be appropriately cautious” and keep up with social distancing measures like mask wearing as the highly infectious Delta variant of the coronavirus becomes increasingly dominant in the U.S. and spurs new Covid-19 surges around the world—including in highly vaccinated countries.

[...]

“Us[ing] masks consistently” and following other social distancing measures like avoiding crowds, hand washing and being in well-ventilated spaces is “extremely important, even if you’re vaccinated,” Dr. Mariangela Simao, WHO assistant director-general for access to medicines and health products, said, warning, “Vaccine alone won’t stop the community transmission.”

I have a sick feeling that we declared victory too early. It's just becoming summer too. I don't think we have a clear picture as to what's going to happen later in the year.

I still wear a mask when I go places.

I stopped wearing it at work though, even though most of my coworkers are not only unvaccinated but anti-vaccination :/

Interestingly enough, I have a coworker who is still wearing a mask, even though she's fully vaccinated. When I asked her why, she told me that she still does so because she doesn't trust many of the other people in our workplace, who claim to be vaccinated but who are lying and actually aren't.

I believe you mentioned before that you live in a very Republican county. Do you mind me asking which county you live in?

Tons of people I know, including my mom, still wear a mask after vaccination while inside. She doesn’t seem to have a concrete reason, but you do you I guess, it can’t hurt.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2021, 08:58:18 PM »

Say what you want, Dr. Fauci has a sense of humor.

This isn’t even remotely funny
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies