COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 534796 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« on: August 10, 2020, 01:10:31 PM »

Clearly it's not realistic to require masks in schools. Adults can barely wear one for 5 minutes when they go to the grocery.

LMAO, is every adult around you a whining baby?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 11:37:44 PM »

Are you sure that's correct, Arch? I see on the worldometer page that the current US number is 170,415
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »

Maybe Jimmie and Bandit can get together and talk nonsense to each other? hopefully the forum will be then spared
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 05:38:12 PM »

It doesn’t make the lockdowns justified, though. If you want to do anecdotal, I’m living proof of the damage from social distancing and isolating nonsense.

I'm pretty sure the damage in your case happened long before any lockdown
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 05:59:29 PM »

I do not know why people pile up on me about opposing draconian lock downs when I support greater restrictions compared to most Americans!

Because you say stupid things like this?

Just saying more retail workers have died from anti mask people shooting them down than have people died from covid 19...
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 06:34:38 PM »

If Trump wins re-election after presiding over this many deaths, it will send a horrible message. Its hard to emphasize how low the bar will have been set for future presidents. Would there even be a bar anymore?

The bar will exist only for democrats, that much is clear already
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 06:49:00 AM »

9/16 (Today): <W>
  • Cases: 6,828,301 (+40,564 | ΔW Change: ↑15.09% | Σ Increase: ↑0.60%)
  • Deaths: 201,348 (+1,170 | ΔW Change: ↓3.07% | Σ Increase: ↑0.58%)

Nitpicking obviously, but the numbers I see right now is 201,384 deaths, not 201,348 Tongue

Was something added in the past few hours or it's a typo?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2020, 10:20:14 PM »

LMAO, they really didn't give a flying f *ck

Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 12:00:13 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2020, 12:03:16 PM by Edu »

On that list you post, the US as a whole is easily the least densely populated country.

Argentina has actually the lowest population density in that list

EDIT: even Brazil has a lowest population density than the US
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 12:15:55 PM »

I definitely don't want them permanent either... but I must admit wearing a mask is handy on a cold day.

Yes, they are basically light weight scarves and they do wonders keeping your face warm. 😂

Regardless, I think letting the mask mandates expire after this wave would be good.  I hate to say it, but it appears my concerns from the spring have some merit.  These weren't the temporary measures they sold us on.  Now I've read about people suggesting mask wearing is good for the prevention of flu.  Yes, but at what cost?

What is the cost of mask wearing apart from being a little annoying?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 12:29:44 AM »

I still remember the not so long ago time (after the "first wave") where deaths on sundays where like 300
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 09:19:38 PM »

"implement communism"

lol
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2021, 05:16:30 PM »

Finally an Atlas republican that makes SirWoodbury look smart
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 06:23:30 PM »

If they denied booster shots to Americans because they think the shots should be sent overseas, then that is arguably treason. If this is revealed to be the case then Biden needs to fire them all.

lmao, what the hell?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2021, 01:59:22 PM »

Amazingly, once you leave middle America, there are very few places around the world where you can go without experiencing ridiculous COVID restrictions. You got Sweden, Finland, parts of Mexico and the Caribbean.  That's about it.  China and the WHO have won, hard not to believe tyranny is here to stay and we are just fighting for time.

This sounds like nonsense, unless you are greatly exaggerating "ridiculous COVID restrictions"
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2022, 05:29:06 PM »

Masks in schools are important. I've never been a fan of outdoor mask mandates, personally, once you understand how the virus works. I don't like people walking by me breathing on me during the pandemic so I sometimes wear a mask on a busy street as to "do unto others as you'd prefer they do unto you". Sometimes I'm walking from a place where I need to wear a mask to another place where I need to wear a mask, so sometimes I'm just too lazy to take it off and put it back on again. It's really not a big deal. People that get triggered by that make me laugh (not accusing you).

Yeah, I live in a big city where as far as I know there is no outdoor mask mandate and every time I go outside I estimate that about 75% of the people still voluntarily wear their masks outdoors. It's not really a big deal. Of course most city streets are pretty crowded so I get why one could be unconfortable not wearing it, I'm not talking about a rural area here. In any case, being this triggered about someone using a mask is pretty bizarre, I mean, who cares? The amount of whining over this nonsense in this thread sometimes baffles me.

And for the record I only use a mask where I'm required to and to be honest I haven't even though about Covid that much in the past 6 months except for planning my Euro trip.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies