COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:13:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535833 times)
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« on: August 12, 2021, 07:16:17 PM »

fire all unionized teachers imo

hire new teachers on new non-union contracts with unionization being expressedly prohibited from day one

the sheer ATTITUDE of american public school teachers since covid has made me go from someone voting third party if i bothered voting to voting gop in all fields

an im someone who supports weed, late term abortions, looser gun laws than even republicans support, a basic income, national healthcare, banning business from a whole host of employment-related practices etc and not, like some libertarian
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 10:49:15 PM »

you could end all this panic by just forcing journalists to stop talking about it and getting rid of government/corporate rules related to it

why keep the hysteria going?
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 10:41:33 AM »

Our covid ICU is starting to fill up again, all with unvaccinated people. Had three people die in the past 24 hours, none of them would be in that spot with a simple vaccine. I can't even begin to describe how frustrating this is, one patient wanted the vaccine before he was intuabted. These people will go for any exiperiminatal treatment we can throw at them once they get in the ICU, sadly there isn't a whole lot we can offer them once they get to us. It usually ends up being a waiting game to see if their body can overcome it after we intubate, prone and paralyze them.

What stories are you hearing (directly or through other staff) about why these people chose not to get vaccinated?

I think the craziest was a guy that was full of conspiracy theories, didn't think it was real but then claimed that we gave it to him on purpose even though he came to the hospital with all the classic symptoms. His family was even worse, literally blaming us for giving him covid. It was bizarre.

Mostly people just say they didn't get around to it, didn't think it was anything to worry about or some want it to be approved first. I've also had families say that they didn't think covid was real before their loved one got sick. Sadly it takes something traumatic for these people to truly get it.

A full half of the country exhibits classic paranoid schizophrenic behavior.
true. that'd be the half still worried about covid
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 09:32:08 PM »

An Alabama man who called himself the 'vaccine police' told pharmacists at a Missouri Walmart that they will be 'executed' if they continued giving COVID-19 shots

A man, who calls himself the "vaccine police," entered a Walmart in Springfield, Missouri to put staff "on public notice," telling pharmacists they could be "executed" if they carry out COVID-19 vaccine shots, according to reports.

The man identified as Christopher Key, an anti-vaxxer from Alabama, live-streamed the confrontation on Facebook last week, on August 16, according to the Springfield News-Leader.

The video shows Key and a handful of supporters praying in the parking lot of the supercenter before entering. During the prayer, a person could be heard saying: "Thank you, Lord Jesus, for waking up Springfield" and "help us put the fear of God in these pharmacists."

"Okay, guys, this is the vaccine police. We're outside of Walmart about to go in. We're going to put Walmart and the pharmacists on notice to let them know that there in violation of the Nuremberg Code," Key said in the 30-minute live stream.

Apparently he's going around to different places doing this.

See, this is why we don't need to stay in Afghanistan. We have our very own Taliban here at home.  (Hopefully we'll be more successful at defeating them than their Afghani counterparts.)

Unfortunately threats of violence, and even acts of violence, have become "free speech" in this country if you're from a majority class.
both make more sense as "free speech" than advertising imo
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 11:14:50 PM »

Every time I see one of you posting a smug headline about an antivaxer/republican/libertarian dying of covid or being hospitalized for it I use one of my 57 twitter sockpuppets to do anti-vaccine posting.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 01:23:17 AM »

Every time I see one of you posting a smug headline about an antivaxer/republican/libertarian dying of covid or being hospitalized for it I use one of my 57 twitter sockpuppets to do anti-vaccine posting.

So you're admitting to aiding biological terrorism.
No. I'm not encouraging people to get vaccinated.

I know talk elections/atlas's userbase often isn't very literate but come on.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 01:24:51 AM »

So you're admitting to aiding biological terrorism.

That has a disproportionate impact on the supports of the political party to which he purports to belong.
I picked the avatar color because it's aesthetic. I'm not a republican.... or a democrat either.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 09:54:35 AM »

Despite being fully vaccinated the hysterical push/borderline psychotic reactions towards the unvaccinated that we've seen with red avatars here/libs on twitter combined with our being in one of three scenarios 1) either the shots are ineffective 2) delta should be renamed "vaccine side effects" 3) the control freak types are just THAT unable to even leave the vaccinated alone with garbage covid rules rules has converted me to being anti-covid 19 vaccine over the past two months.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 10:05:17 AM »

seems more like hysterical children acting out than mature adults to me tbh
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2021, 09:53:10 PM »

I think Democrats need to authorize a new stimulus check that only goes to people who have gotten the vaccine, and those without the vaccine can receive the deposit after getting vaccinated. That's the only way to increase the vaccinated population. Any other games with mask mandates, etc., are just wasting time.
or you could just you know have people going to door to where the unvaccinated live and forcing them to get shots... if it's really THAT much of an important thing wouldn't you be advocating for that?

i'd respect that position MUCH more than i do people calling for vaccine passports tbh
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 07:48:56 PM »

maybe people should try losing a bit of weight, eating better in general, getting more sun, eating garlic or other stuff to boost their immune system to try preventing getting covid instead of stuff that's iffy at best like getting the [color=#ffffff]clot shot[/color] or wearing leather dog masks(cloth masks and n95s aren't enough, guys. its the cdc who makes the recommendations not me) or standing six feet apart

What does this even mean
look into the health risks of getting the covid-19 shot, especially the j&j one

I thought you said you were vaccinated.
yes i am but the recent hysterial push plus insane talk about boosters has me more skeptical on it
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »

maybe people should try losing a bit of weight, eating better in general, getting more sun, eating garlic or other stuff to boost their immune system to try preventing getting covid instead of stuff that's iffy at best like getting the [color=#ffffff]clot shot[/color] or wearing leather dog masks(cloth masks and n95s aren't enough, guys. its the cdc who makes the recommendations not me) or standing six feet apart

What does this even mean
look into the health risks of getting the covid-19 shot, especially the j&j one

I thought you said you were vaccinated.
yes i am but the recent hysterial push plus insane talk about boosters has me more skeptical on it

Are you saying you wish you hadn't gotten it?
given the insane messaging like claiming the vaccinated can supposedly still spread it as much/saying they need to wear masks it kind of comes off as being pointless... if it it doesn't reduce spread, what's even the point?

pretty sure i got covid back in january of last year so it's not like my immune system is new to it
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 08:12:41 PM »

nothing will stop the spread given it being a respiratory illness with animal vectors

better to just give up on covid entirely and go back to everything the way it was in 2019 minus firing a bunch of people who do work from home and letting them scramble to find new, lesser paying jobs
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 08:47:22 PM »

nothing will stop the spread given it being a respiratory illness with animal vectors

better to just give up on covid entirely and go back to everything the way it was in 2019 minus firing a bunch of people who do work from home and letting them scramble to find new, lesser paying jobs

I can't even tell how serious you're being. I mean that's kind of nutty. Fire everyone who was told they had to start working from home?

We could probably give up on it if everyone had just taken the vaccine.
the time to stop it was when it was in wuhan and nowhere else

people who think it's possible to stop after that, nevermind stopping it now are delusional
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2021, 12:57:10 PM »

God forbid they have to do their job for once in their life.

Stop trolling. Nobody has faced the brunt of this pandemic more than nurses and given that they are primarily women their efforts haven't been rewarded or recognized to the levels they deserve.
I'm not trolling. Telling people to do their job for once instead of posting tik toks isn't "trolling". Try again.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2021, 02:11:48 PM »

people who defy social pressure in dystopias are based and better people than those who comply or worse, harass others into complying
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2021, 08:49:41 PM »

190K cases today, a record for this wave.

I'm guessing deaths will be a record too once the backlog comes through.

Everyone is just shrugging their shoulders at this point. I just got home from a trip to Virginia, and it basically looked like normal times.
yeah... everyone besides the terminally media poisoned has stopped caring and for good reason too
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2021, 09:31:09 PM »

dc is an entire city of the media-poisoned
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2021, 08:32:57 AM »

i got vaccinated and am all for people making fake vaccine cards

having to show ANY form of id for anything at all besides voting and crossing national borders is insanity imo
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2021, 09:44:39 PM »

it'll fade into the background and gradually evolve into becoming a new cold virus like the one that hit in 1890 did. really, stop panicking.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »

quite interesting how biden timed his speech to coincide with when cases peaked/started declining for this wave so he can take credit
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2021, 12:06:39 PM »

Going by how hysterical/vocal they are about it, it seems most of the vaccinated are imposing externalities on not only the unvaccinated but people who got the shot but aren't crazy with their psychotic behavior.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:02 AM »

Daily reminder that liberal "concerns" about the vaccines+Politicizing it back in 2020 are why the vaccination rate in the US is 15-20 points below what it would have been otherwise.

You can thank the liberal media, twitter bluechecks/social media "influencers" for Delta.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 11:32:03 AM »

Last century saw both "people being told to do "the right" thing" by "experts" along with resulting piles of corpses. Why tf would anyone sane or historically informed listen to "experts"?
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2021, 12:30:41 PM »

Last century saw both "people being told to do "the right" thing" by "experts" along with resulting piles of corpses. Why tf would anyone sane or historically informed listen to "experts"?

What are you talking about

He’s going Godwin.
I was talking about stalin and mao.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies