COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:43:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535897 times)
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: December 17, 2020, 06:50:43 PM »

AYY LMAO
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:12:21 PM »

Oh no the penguins
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 02:17:13 AM »

It’s perfectly reasonable for Trump to get the vaccine, but I have no idea why his wife would be eligible.
Wouldn't everyone in the higher ups get it?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 09:52:19 AM »

Attention Biden and CDC:

Anyways, who are the audience CDC tries to appeal to? It seems like the ones who are already vaccinated and who would wear mask outside even on a desert island...

If media wasn't unbiased, it would be a big fat catastrophe for Biden. But they aren't, so it isn't.

Thanks to Trump, Biden inherited one of few large nations that basically almost didn't have [compared to the rest of the world] that many constrains on amount of the vaccines. The only thing he needed to do is to deliver and to convince those who hesitate to take them.

Biden/CDC/Fauci has failed miserably so far.

• Science says you don't need masks (and never really needed outside any way) and mostly can get back to normal, once you're fully vaccinated.
  • People say, that "you'll still need mask"/not being able get to normal discourage them from vaccinating themselves.
  • Real data says, it is the way.

Stil, Biden wears mask when outside  🤷‍♂️ and Fauci, while nuking trust in J&J, defends CDC's anti-science guidelines that say 3-years old children to wear mask in summer camps... You f**king kidding me? 🤷‍♂️ And I'm not talking about all the Dem-run states that still keep minority kids out from schooling...

By the way, the other nations are Israel and Britain. UK had *same* share of vaccine hesitant people in November, but by having a clear and fairly simple re-opening plans they managed to deal with that. Israel has waaay more problem than US and UK ever did.

I mean, f**king Israel!! Ortodox Jews are like the most crazy religious lunatics in the Western World. If Bibi managed to persuade them, Biden surely can persuade anyone

But he needs... To Start. To follow. F**king science. And present a simple plan for getting back to normal.

Yet, despite all this, Biden is/was sitting on tons of vaccines, while poor non-white countries desperately need them... Hm. Hmmm.
Most of the vaccine hesitant are republicans, it's a bit harder to persuade them so it's not as straight forward as you make it out to be
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 06:42:26 PM »

how would the partisanship of the vaccines be if Trump had won a second term?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 10:01:00 PM »

Why does there seem to be a reoccurrence of red this week?

When you dip to a point with fewer daily cases than has been seen in over a year, a small increase is inevitable, and the percentages start to get wild. I wouldn’t worry too much about it until we start seeing it consistently for a few weeks.
The UK and Israel which have had fairly good vaccination programs are seeing a rise in Covid Cases. Deaths remain to be seen but it seems unlikely so far
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 06:29:56 PM »

Sigh.
you have to really wonder why the republicans are so hell bent on killing as many people as possible
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 12:05:27 PM »

From the UK government:

Ministers are ‘privately worried Covid-19 is spreading through farting’

Ministers are reportedly fretting in private over the possibility Covid-19 is being spread via farting.

The virus is primarily found in the respiratory system and spreads through coughing and sneezing – but it’s not the first time alternative routes have been looked into.

Now it appears figures at the very top of government are taking the threat of flatulence-based transmission seriously.

One unnamed minister told The Telegraph they had seen ‘credible-looking stuff on it’ from other countries, including evidence of a ‘genomical-linked tracing connection between two individuals from a [lavatory] cubicle in Australia’.

Boris Johnson’s spokesperson said the Prime Minister is not aware of the concerns but that he ‘keeps the latest scientific evidence under review’.

The facts are by no means settled on flatulence and Covid-19 – but the theory isn’t as far-fetched as it might sound.

A September 2020 study published by experts at an Indian university reviewed the evidence surrounding alternative transmission routes and pointed out that ‘farts do have the tendency to carry micro-particles which have the capacity to spread bacteria’.

They also pointed to a Chinese study which lent credence to the possibility but noted with relief that ‘pants do act as a hindrance in the transmission of disease via flatulence’.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/24/ministers-privately-worried-covid-19-is-spreading-through-farting-14983904/
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2021, 04:11:40 PM »

DC giving away AirPods to encourage youth vaccinations

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/566867-dc-giving-away-airpods-to-encourage-youth-vaccinations

Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) announced Saturday that the city would give away AirPods, gift cards and thousands of dollars in scholarship money as incentives to get more adolescents and teens vaccinated.

Bowser said in a tweet that those ages 12-17 who get their first COVID-19 shot at one of three sites would get either a set of AirPods or a $51 gift card, a nod to the push to make D.C. the 51st U.S. state.

Adolescents also have a chance at winning $25,000 in scholarship money or an iPad and headphones, the mayor said.

Lucky people 
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 03:46:45 PM »

The US death toll from Covid-19 just surpassed that of the 1918 flu pandemic

Despite all the scientific and medical advances of the past 103 years, the Covid-19 pandemic has now killed more Americans than the 1918 flu pandemic did.

More than 675,000 people in the United States have died from Covid-19, according to Johns Hopkins University. That surpasses the estimated US death toll from the deadliest pandemic of the 20th century.

"If you would have talked to me in 2019, I would have said I'd be surprised," said epidemiologist Stephen Kissler of the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health.

"But if you talked to me in probably April or May 2020, I would say I would not be surprised we'd hit this point."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/20/health/us-covid-deaths-surpass-1918-pandemic/index.html
This is the official death toll from Covid -19 so far, the actual number are much higher as alot of them don't get counted
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 11:50:16 PM »

As I've said before, some people will wear masks in public permanently, and in some jurisdictions and contexts, mask mandates will be permanent.
Permanent? I can see it stay on for a couple more months max before people just start ignoring it
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 02:26:50 PM »

The midterms are going to be a total and complete slaughter.

At least half of dems(43%) don’t think to push more lockdowns and restrictions. Much higher than I thought
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2022, 03:43:07 AM »

Lightfoot refuses to set target date for end to Chicago’s mask mandate despite Governor targeting Feb 28 for an end to the state’s

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/not-there-yet-lightfoot-refuses-to-specify-date-for-lifting-chicagos-mask-mandate/2759124/

Vaccination in Cook County is higher than the state as a whole. If anything, we should get to take our masks off before the downstaters. Lori Lightfoot is a f**king idiot for even suggesting that she might extend the city’s mandate beyond Feb 28.
I think the whole thing is to avoid it making it political but eventually you are going to have to drop it
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies