COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535097 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« on: March 30, 2021, 05:20:54 PM »

Got my first shot of Moderna today; sooo hasta la vista Covid, hopefully.  Wink
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 11:59:58 AM »

I've been religious about wearing a mask throughout this ordeal for the public health; even as it's been terrible for my anxiety and I continue to despise them till this day.

As soon as I get my second shot of Moderna; and wait the next two weeks for it to take full effect, unless the company requires it (yes, I am not a Karen, companies can require masks) I will not personally be wearing a mask.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 10:42:15 PM »

Just received my Moderna booster this afternoon; gotta keep the members of my family and community who are immunocompromised safe.  Smile
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 03:03:39 AM »

Just received my Moderna booster this afternoon; gotta keep the members of my family and community who are immunocompromised safe.  Smile

The booster does nothing for community spread so if that was your reason you probably wasted your time.  Just say you got it for yourself, its okay.

My Mother is immunocompromised and my Aunt (lives with us) works in the medical field as a nurse. So I actually had multiple reasons for getting it; of course my own health was one of those as well... I'm not quite sure what snarky little point you were trying to make here, but it was a pretty weak one.

Buzz off.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 03:16:28 AM »

The booster does nothing for community spread so if that was your reason you probably wasted your time.  Just say you got it for yourself, its okay.

My Mother is immunocompromised and my Aunt (lives with us) works in the medical field as a nurse. So I actually had multiple reasons for getting it; of course my own health was one of those as well... I'm not quite sure what snarky little point you were trying to make here, but it was a pretty weak one.

Buzz off.

Your booster probably didn't do anything for your mother or your aunt.  Especially if your aunt is a nurse.  You don't think she's going to be exposed to it?

So you don't think an immunocompromised person has a better shot at survival in a family group who are all completely vaccinated, boosted and take precautions, Vs. a family group who are completely unvaccinated and take no precautions? That's ridiculous.

You say it 'probably' doesn't help cause you know that some research says that it does. The science behind transmisiblity in the vaccinated Vs. non-vaccinated is in flux right now, sure, but that 'probability' as you put it is more than enough reason for me to get my booster. Even if (and I highly doubt it) the only 'societal' benefit is even just normalizing it and encouraging others to get theirs.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2021, 03:43:04 AM »
« Edited: December 31, 2021, 03:55:03 AM by iBizzBee »

Buzz off.

Your booster probably didn't do anything for your mother or your aunt.  Especially if your aunt is a nurse.  You don't think she's going to be exposed to it?

So you don't think an immunocompromised person has a better shot at survival in a family group who are all completely vaccinated, boosted and take precautions, Vs. a family group who are completely unvaccinated and take no precautions? That's ridiculous.

You say it 'probably' doesn't help cause you know that some research says that it does. The science behind transmisiblity in the vaccinated Vs. non-vaccinated is in flux right now, sure, but that 'probability' as you put it is more than enough reason for me to get my booster. Even if (and I highly doubt it) the only 'societal' benefit is even just normalizing it and encouraging others to get theirs.

Ah, you revealed yourself right at the end.  Get it because you want to, and because it will "normalize" the booster - as you say.  Thats it though.  There's no research to support you.  Your immunocomprimised mom should get a booster for herself if she wants one.  You getting one is doing absolutely nothing but giving her peace of mind (thanks to the media).  Give yourself a pat on the back.

Obviously she is vaccinated herself. And I didn't 'reveal' anything you anti-science zealot, vaccines should be normalized for the medical miracles they are and were until people like you begun to buy into and spread lies and misinformation about them in an attempt to score political points. And you (anti-vaxxers) have blood on your hands for it, and the fact that this pandemic has been allowed to go on this long -- period.

I already knew you were one of the biggest trolls on this forum, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised you're also peddling stuff like this. Smh.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies