COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:03:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535527 times)
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« on: March 19, 2021, 06:53:06 PM »

With WI moving into the next phase, I’m getting my first shot on Monday.  Not sure if it will be Pfizer or Moderna.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 07:07:31 PM »

How are you all getting doses? Here it's still not allowed for anyone under 50 unless you're in certain professions.

In Wisconsin, our next phase effective next week opens it up to various pre-existing conditions, including overweight/obesity.  In other words, some 2 million WI residents will become eligible.

Of course, it often takes some searching around for an appointment especially with the new influx.  I’m heading to Milwaukee from Madison as that’s where I got an appointment.  A number of people are making similar drives around the state to get their shots.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 09:34:17 PM »

Got my first dose today, Pfizer since I’m under 18. It hurt more than I expected but so far all I have is a sore arm. Unfortunately the nearest Krispy Kreme is like 30 miles away.

I got my 2nd Moderna today and thought about stopping at a Krispy Kreme since there is one in the area of the vaccination site, but didn’t go through with it.  So far, just a sore shoulder and some fatigue.  I’ll see what happens over the next day or so.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 07:52:18 PM »

Again, we really need a new thread title, or a new thread in general. 162 pages is more than enough.

Agreed.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 05:34:40 PM »

Due to the fact that is often impossible to know who is and isn’t vaccinated, it will be interesting to see the revisions in state/local mask mandates with this new CDC guidance.  I can see it remaining in places like schools, hospitals, and the like, while potentially being eliminated for other types of venues with small amounts of people in them. 

Here in Dane County, our mask mandate is still in effect until at least Tuesday when they make an announcement about updated guidance.  We have the highest vax rate in the state with >60% of the population with at least one shot and >50% fully vaxed, so this is beginning to be a lot of people here who theoretically don’t need to mask up.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 05:39:08 PM »

Whoever designed these Covid Vaccination cards should be fired !

I can't even carry them in a wallet.

I agree that they should have made them the size of business cards that you can fit in your wallet.  What I do is I carry a copy of mine, printed on regular paper rather than cardstock so I can fold it and keep it in my wallet.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 07:06:32 PM »

Here in Dane County, WI, our mask mandate is being reinstated.  Our 7 day average has increased by nearly 400% in the last month despite our high vaccination rate.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »

If a person is vaccinated in a different county from where they live, which county is it counted under?

At least in WI, it traces back to your county of residence.  This was the answer that I remember reading, as many of us in Dane County went to other counties to get vaccinated.  Of course if you get it in another state, that can be hit or miss as to whether it registers or not.
Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 02:09:23 PM »

“The restrictions will apply to travelers from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, and Malawi. They do not apply to American citizens and lawful permanent residents, the official said.“

Drew
drewmike87
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 08:35:39 PM »

I got my booster today and then did a bunch of Christmas shopping in Madison.  I saw a pretty fair number of unmasked people in the stores despite a mask mandate being in effect.  From my experience, people at Madison stores have been pretty consistent with wearing masks when a mandate is in effect.  I’m guessing these stores and malls are currently getting a good number of shoppers from more rural, maskphobic areas as Christmas approaches. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies