COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:37:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 536143 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 03, 2020, 07:02:32 PM »

People are done listening to the "Lockdown! Lockdown! Lockdown!" types.

We wouldn’t have as big of a problem if people listened to them in the first place.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 02:00:15 AM »

People are done listening to the "Lockdown! Lockdown! Lockdown!" types.

We wouldn’t have as big of a problem if people listened to them in the first place.

In fairness the bigger problem was state and local governments getting impatient and lifting the lock-downs themselves even in spite of the risks.

You can more accurately blame ordinary people for not abiding by mask-wearing or social distancing protocols though. That was the next fail-safe.

That and the gross irresponsibility of many red state governors (e.g. Noem and DeSantis). The CDC dragging its feet on saying we should wear masks probably didn’t help either. But the mask thing is secondary to people staying at home.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 06:04:36 PM »

I'm trying to convince my family to cancel Thanksgiving but they don't care. I think the combination of stupidity, fatigue, and good news in the distance of a vaccine have all made people complacent.

Right? I’m probably gonna get dragged along and I’m not really happy about it even though I almost certainly had Covid back in late March/early April. Maybe it’s because I’m not really that fond of most of my family?
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »

Will his pigeons save him?

Maybe Dairy Queen will.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 04:29:33 PM »

D.C.

Aren’t the 7th and 8th wards the Blackest parts of the District?
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 03:26:33 PM »

Brilliant. Added to my sig (with only 14 characters to spare)
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 04:26:36 PM »

It's just maddening to me that so many people have had their minds "screwed up" by this pandemic and the response to it.

A lot of this was caused by TV.

True. My stepmother loves to watch TV, particularly programs such as The View, the CBS Evening News with Norah O'Donnell, and ABC World News Tonight with David Muir. And these programs (the Evening News programs in particular), tend to highlight the most depressing and heartbreaking aspects of the pandemic, with regards to severe outlier cases of COVID, hospitalizations, and of course deaths. They bring on Dr. Fauci, Dr. Walensky, Dr. Murthy, and other public health experts frequently. It's not wrong to consult them, but these individuals certainly aren't the best messengers and haven't been the most consistent.

Yeah, I’ve found it best not to watch the nightly news, tbh. I thought this before Covid too. Seems like it’s just “So and so got shot in (bad neighborhood)” and “Bad car crash on dangerous section of road” or if you’re looking at a wider scale, “School shooting in (random suburb that no one has ever heard of)” or “Natural disaster in (third world country)”.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 07:32:33 PM »

https://deadline.com/2022/02/l-a-mayor-garcetti-says-he-held-his-breath-for-maskless-photo-with-magic-johnson-1234925457/

Garcetti says he "held his breath" while taking a maskless photo. How f**king dumb do these elitist Democrats think we are?

All I have to say is that I’m glad that it gave me a chance to change my username.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies