COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:36:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535387 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 10, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »

For context, he likely caught it at new member orientation. There had been a COVID outbreak among legislators beforehand, and Hinch didn't see a need to institute a mask mandate because he trusted his legislators to not show if they had COVID. Even then, there were times where he wasn't wearing his mask properly.

Wear your masks, folks, and make sure they cover your noses.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 08:16:29 PM »

Almost like clockwork for the 24hrs after my shot, my arm stopped hurting. I had a bit of sore throat last night but I’m not sure if it was allergies or a reaction to the vaccine.

Was that your second shot?

I got Moderna.  My first shot was no big deal, just some arm pain.  The second shot...at about 12 hours later, I got a fever, really bad chills, and body aches.  I also could NOT sleep that night.  The next day, just the body aches remained.  The third day was just a slight headache until around lunchtime and then I felt normal again.

Small price to pay for having some protection.

Similar experience with Moderna. First shot, my arm was super itchy. Second shot gave me the same fever/chills/body aches thingy. Second day I had a headache and body aches, third day I had a slight ache in my back and that was it.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 06:32:09 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2022, 06:41:07 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

Weirdo with 20 mental illnesses: I enjoy work, enjoy wearing masks and dislike crowded social settings

Speaking as a weirdo with at least a few mental illnesses, if not quite 20, I tend to dislike crowded social settings (shyness, introversion, a bit claustrophobic tbh) but as far as the first two, I'm a downright normie--especially here in the SF Bay Area!

These #ZeroCOVID people are f--king psychotic!

It's truly amazing how Branch COVIDianism has become mainstream in the party. Even here of all places, in the most socially libertarian state in the Union, the likely Democrat nominee for governor just endorsed a statewide mask mandate. And it's not just him - the entire party is embracing COVID restrictions too.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 07:51:02 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2022, 08:03:51 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

“How dare GMac claim the progressive wing is as bad as the GOP?!?!” -Sawx

“If you want a mask mandate when hospitalization rates are high you are as bad as bleach drinkers who think vaccines carry microchips.”-Also Sawx.

In New Hampshire (and the part of Massachusetts I go to), things have been back to normal for the past nine months just fine. Even as Delta ravaged through the nation, we've been living through our normal lives. Going back to pre-vaccine policies over a less dangerous variant is not only anti-science, but political suicide.

As I've said, you can't just shove the genie back in the bottle and expect people to be okay with it. Especially after nine months of normalcy.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 08:03:07 PM »

If you’re going to analogize any group in this pandemic to an actual death cult, it’s got the be the anti-vaxxers.  I think mask mandates at this point are annoying and mostly ineffective, but they are also for the most part harmless.  Closing schools is definitely -not- harmless, but at least it isn’t immediately killing people.

But they anti-vaxxers are directly responsible for the unnecessary deaths of tens if not hundreds of thousands of Americans.  It is likely by far the most deadly cult in American history by several orders of magnitude.

I think we're all in agreement here about the anti-vaxxers. At the same time, if you lay out the risks and you don't take the vaccine, what more can we do for them? Moreover, why should I be punished and forced to jump through hoops because other people don't want to take basic health precautions?

We did the right thing. It's not our problem others won't.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 11:21:59 PM »

I mean I am not for mask mandates (but I still will wear my mask for a few more weeks) right now, but if hospitalizations do reach critical points (they probably won’t but it’s always best to be uncertain) , well let’s just say a mask won’t be our biggest problem. And in some places during delta, mask mandates should have been implemented. Not many, but some.

At first I was skeptical but considering how far the paranoia has gone I wouldn't actually be surprised if some places locked down again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies