COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:08:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 535739 times)
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10925 on: June 01, 2022, 06:57:57 AM »

Do you think Long COVID doesn't exist? I know a far right Trumpist who has it.
Did it affect his views on COVID in any way?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #10926 on: June 04, 2022, 12:21:43 PM »

The national rise in cases seems to have plateaued this week.  The Northeast is in clear decline at this point.  The Midwest and West seem to be roughly flat.  The South has the lowest case rates but seems to still be rising (given that the South was the last to begin rising, it makes sense that the peak would be slightly delayed).  By mid-to-late June, the B.A. 2 ripple will probably be fading everywhere.

The plateau in cases has now started to bend downwards.  There were some reporting delays due to Memorial Day (with higher Tuesday and Wednesdays to correct for that), but the overall R7 average should be accurate now, and it's down 9% nationally from when I posted this.

The Northeast is in freefall, the Midwest is in slight decline, the West appears to be just starting to decline, and the South appears to be peaking at the moment (as a whole, but the Deep South isn't at peak yet).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10927 on: June 05, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »

Yeah my DAD got sick, this is an ongoing Pandemic brought on by Immigrants to this country

If you live in a Nursing home you are gonna die if you're not mobile and no one is looking after you
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10928 on: June 05, 2022, 11:26:55 PM »

This vaccine is better suited for those who, for medical reasons, cannot take the mRNA COVID vaccines that have already been produced:

A more traditional coronavirus shot is on the way. Some people can’t wait.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10929 on: June 07, 2022, 10:33:50 PM »

My next door neighbor's daughter was diagnosed with covid-19 day night. She was at our house most of Saturday and seemed to be fine then. No one over here is showing symptoms yet.

My poor friends. The mother works as an emergency room nurse, so this is like literally the third time covid has hit their household.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10930 on: June 07, 2022, 11:15:41 PM »

BTW that new, traditional vaccine was approved according to The Year Summer Ended in June's thread.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=497223.0
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #10931 on: June 08, 2022, 10:45:15 AM »

Well my long streak of luck ran out. I have covid. So far it is like allergies or a very mild cold. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #10932 on: June 08, 2022, 12:26:07 PM »

Well my long streak of luck ran out. I have covid. So far it is like allergies or a very mild cold. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Sorry to hear that! hope it goes away quickly.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10933 on: June 08, 2022, 01:54:57 PM »

I hope you feel better but you are young so it is GOOD you got covid. It is more protection for you against future variants.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10934 on: June 10, 2022, 04:13:06 PM »

My covid got worse for about a day after my last post. At its worst, it was like a bad cold. I may be underrating its severity since my previous illness, in December, was the worst flu of my life (tested, not covid). Since yesterday morning I have been back on the upswing. Main remaining symptoms are fatigue and that annoying dry covid cough.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10935 on: June 10, 2022, 07:04:31 PM »

My covid got worse for about a day after my last post. At its worst, it was like a bad cold. I may be underrating its severity since my previous illness, in December, was the worst flu of my life (tested, not covid). Since yesterday morning I have been back on the upswing. Main remaining symptoms are fatigue and that annoying dry covid cough.

Hoping you get better soon, but also a reminder to other posters that even mild covid can knock you down for awhile, in my case even my allergies are utter misery to deal with.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #10936 on: June 11, 2022, 04:29:18 AM »

Beginning Sunday, the requirement for a negative COVID test to enter the USA via airline travel will be dropped.

URL:
The Biden administration is planning to drop the requirement for air travelers coming to the United States to test negative for COVID-19 before departure, starting on Sunday, according to a senior administration official.

The official said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had determined the requirement was no longer needed. The requirement will lift effective Sunday, June 12th at 12:01 a.m. ET.

The CDC will reassess the decision in 90 days and could reinstate it if there were a new COVID variant of concern, the official said.

Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10937 on: June 11, 2022, 05:50:09 AM »

Nytimes "science reporter" says to isolate from your pets when you have covid.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmilyAnthes/status/1535353073211625473

Lmao
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10938 on: June 11, 2022, 12:17:24 PM »

Felines can catch and spread Covid, that's been known since the early months of the pandemic. It's canines that are almost immune.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10939 on: June 11, 2022, 07:50:07 PM »

Beginning Sunday, the requirement for a negative COVID test to enter the USA via airline travel will be dropped.

URL:
The Biden administration is planning to drop the requirement for air travelers coming to the United States to test negative for COVID-19 before departure, starting on Sunday, according to a senior administration official.

The official said the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had determined the requirement was no longer needed. The requirement will lift effective Sunday, June 12th at 12:01 a.m. ET.

The CDC will reassess the decision in 90 days and could reinstate it if there were a new COVID variant of concern, the official said.

Not exactly sure what the testing requirement was supposed to do? It is just a "WE MUST DO SOMETHING!!!!!" attitude. Variants will enter the United States anyway.

I am so happy I had covid one month prior to traveling back in January, so I was exempt from that nonsense. Just had a documentation of recovery.

Getting covid last December after being boosted was in many ways a blessing for me! SUPER IMMUNITY.

Felines can catch and spread Covid, that's been known since the early months of the pandemic. It's canines that are almost immune.

ohhhh....... I have been wondering why I have seen liberals embrace dogs more during covid.. i guess that is it...

DO NOT ISOLATE YOUR PET IF YOU COVID!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10940 on: June 12, 2022, 11:44:41 AM »

I do not actually tie up and tickle guys.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10941 on: June 15, 2022, 02:12:13 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2022, 02:29:53 PM by emailking »

Fauci tests positive for Covid-19

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, has tested positive for Covid-19, the institute said Wednesday.

Fauci, 81, has mild symptoms and has been boosted twice, the institute said in a statement.

NIAID said Fauci found out that he was positive on a rapid antigen test. The director will work from home and follow agency protocol, returning to the National Institutes of Health campus only after he tests negative.

Fauci has not had any close contact with Biden or other senior officials recently, the institute said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/15/health/fauci-covid-positive/index.html
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10942 on: June 15, 2022, 02:16:43 PM »

I’m going to Anaheim, California in August for 5 days.

Anyone have tips for someone who is vaxxed and boosted (booster was November) and still hasn’t gotten covid?

I have this fear I’m gonna get covid either on the 5 hour flight or in CA….
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #10943 on: June 15, 2022, 02:17:42 PM »

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser, has tested positive for Covid-19, the institute said Wednesday.

Fauci, 81, has mild symptoms and has been boosted twice, the institute said in a statement.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated.

My sincerest condolences to Covid.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10944 on: June 15, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »

NIAID said Fauci found out that he was positive on a rapid antigen test. The director will work from home and follow agency protocol, returning to the National Institutes of Health campus only after he tests negative.

Fauci has not had any close contact with Biden or other senior officials recently, the institute said.

I’m honored to get Covid around the same time as Fauci tbh.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10945 on: June 15, 2022, 02:51:13 PM »

How long did yours last? It’s day four of symptoms for me.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10946 on: June 15, 2022, 02:55:22 PM »

How long did yours last? It’s day four of symptoms for me.
I had 4 days of symptoms. A bit of lingering cough since then.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #10947 on: June 15, 2022, 04:03:00 PM »

I’m going to Anaheim, California in August for 5 days.

Anyone have tips for someone who is vaxxed and boosted (booster was November) and still hasn’t gotten covid?

I have this fear I’m gonna get covid either on the 5 hour flight or in CA….

There aren't any tips that would make a specific city safer than anywhere else. If you feel like masking and avoiding crowds/indoor spaces, do so; if not, don't.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10948 on: June 15, 2022, 09:02:04 PM »
« Edited: June 15, 2022, 09:05:24 PM by Frodo »

The national rise in cases seems to have plateaued this week.  The Northeast is in clear decline at this point.  The Midwest and West seem to be roughly flat.  The South has the lowest case rates but seems to still be rising (given that the South was the last to begin rising, it makes sense that the peak would be slightly delayed).  By mid-to-late June, the B.A. 2 ripple will probably be fading everywhere.

The plateau in cases has now started to bend downwards.  There were some reporting delays due to Memorial Day (with higher Tuesday and Wednesdays to correct for that), but the overall R7 average should be accurate now, and it's down 9% nationally from when I posted this.

The Northeast is in freefall, the Midwest is in slight decline, the West appears to be just starting to decline, and the South appears to be peaking at the moment (as a whole, but the Deep South isn't at peak yet).

It looks like you're right:

U.S. Coronavirus Cases Are Leveling Off, Following Spring Surge

jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10949 on: June 16, 2022, 10:09:38 PM »

apparently I BREATHED in and INHALED the omicron again and tested positive again. I have no symptoms at all.

Ugh mandatory testing.

JUST STOP TESTING!! Jesus christ... this is getting ridiculous. covid is all HYPE.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 435 436 437 [438] 439 440 441 442 443 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies