COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 09:16:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 ... 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 549298 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5775 on: August 03, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »

I'd rather show proof of vaccination than wear a mask, but I can understand why not everyone agrees.

I'm biased because I'm already vaccinated, and because vaccines were already in the pandemic playbook before 2020 - unlike lockdowns and masks.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #5776 on: August 03, 2021, 03:00:34 PM »

We need a vaccine mandate. Life can't fully return to normal unless everyone, or at least like 90%, is vaccinated.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5777 on: August 03, 2021, 03:04:08 PM »

Democrats go full circle and support segregation.

What an ignorant, disgusting comment.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5778 on: August 03, 2021, 03:17:59 PM »

It's an ignorant, disgusting policy. I will never apologize for calling out government-mandated segregation. And I would think political moderates would think this is an extreme policy.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #5779 on: August 03, 2021, 03:23:16 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2021, 03:26:45 PM by roxas11 »

ElectionsGuy you are better than this

Look, if you don't support the policy than that is fine and I'm not going to criticize or attack you for that but calling people who do support it segregationist, is just wrong and is way over the line
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5780 on: August 03, 2021, 03:39:41 PM »

So now there's a lambda variant? This is just getting silly.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5781 on: August 03, 2021, 03:44:02 PM »

When they run out of Greek letters, will they start using hurricane names?
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #5782 on: August 03, 2021, 04:11:28 PM »

When they run out of Greek letters, will they start using hurricane names?

They'll start using 'Sesame Street' characters.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5783 on: August 03, 2021, 04:15:14 PM »

It's an ignorant, disgusting policy. I will never apologize for calling out government-mandated segregation. And I would think political moderates would think this is an extreme policy.

Where does the "segregation" part comes in?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5784 on: August 03, 2021, 04:15:43 PM »

Can we not have clownery on this god forsaken website for one day jesus
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5785 on: August 03, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »

I can safely say this coming up right when I'm finally feeling confident to go out again really isn't good for the anxiety.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5786 on: August 03, 2021, 04:51:28 PM »

DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #5787 on: August 03, 2021, 05:12:11 PM »

We need a vaccine mandate. Life can't fully return to normal unless everyone, or at least like 90%, is vaccinated.

It's been normal in Republican areas for months.  Maybe unnecessary restrictions are making life harder than it needs to be for a virus with a 99.7% survival rate....
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #5788 on: August 03, 2021, 05:14:14 PM »

I can safely say this coming up right when I'm finally feeling confident to go out again really isn't good for the anxiety.

Turn off the news and you'll be fine.  Fully vaccinated people are not dying in record numbers.  In fact, they aren't really dying at all.  You might get a cold... so what? You're more likely to get into a fatal auto accident or be a victim of gun violence.  Seriously~!  Assuming you're fully vaccinated, you're fine.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5789 on: August 03, 2021, 05:17:31 PM »

Turn off the news and you'll be fine.  Fully vaccinated people are not dying in record numbers.  In fact, they aren't really dying at all.  You might get a cold... so what? You're more likely to get into a fatal auto accident or be a victim of gun violence.  Seriously~!

I have literal anxiety and panic disorder so rationalizing it away doesn't work unfortunately. I've also permanently ceased going on various main roads around here due to a few close calls. If anything checking the news (at least Atlas, I've avoided cable news already for years prior) is removing unknowns and what ifs that I'd otherwise dwell on.

It's just frustrating feeling just as I feel able to overcome one worry, here comes another possible one.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #5790 on: August 03, 2021, 05:28:00 PM »

An interesting poll that shows who the vaccinated and the unvaccinated blame for the current surge in covid cases

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5791 on: August 03, 2021, 05:30:27 PM »

Turn off the news and you'll be fine.  Fully vaccinated people are not dying in record numbers.  In fact, they aren't really dying at all.  You might get a cold... so what? You're more likely to get into a fatal auto accident or be a victim of gun violence.  Seriously~!

I have literal anxiety and panic disorder so rationalizing it away doesn't work unfortunately. I've also permanently ceased going on various main roads around here due to a few close calls. If anything checking the news (at least Atlas, I've avoided cable news already for years prior) is removing unknowns and what ifs that I'd otherwise dwell on.

It's just frustrating feeling just as I feel able to overcome one worry, here comes another possible one.

If you're in the Atlanta metro, this is perfectly understandable.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5792 on: August 03, 2021, 05:31:43 PM »

I gotcha my man. Its 100% not as bad as it might seem. These variants are not killing people who are vaccinated and if you didnt have the vaccine your chance of dying was functionally 0 anyways if you were a healthy under 50 guy/gal.

Hope you can work through it. Always good days ahead.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5793 on: August 03, 2021, 05:32:29 PM »

Look at what happened in Chicago this past weekend. Life is 100% normal in a lot of cities.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #5794 on: August 03, 2021, 05:37:49 PM »

This is really rough...  I hope you feel better soon.  Sometimes I find taking a break from the news when things are stressful helps.  It's been a wild couple years.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5795 on: August 03, 2021, 06:37:00 PM »

What do you want them to give them names like Hurricanes?

No one wants more variants, but it happens.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #5796 on: August 03, 2021, 07:17:38 PM »

An interesting poll that shows who the vaccinated and the unvaccinated blame for the current surge in covid cases

Very small sample, but I want to meet some of those unvaccinated people who blame...themselves?...for rising cases.

I guess those are people who have only now recognized the dangers and regret not getting a vaccine yet?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5797 on: August 03, 2021, 07:20:53 PM »

Start chilling the champagne.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5798 on: August 03, 2021, 07:32:53 PM »

Very small sample, but I want to meet some of those unvaccinated people who blame...themselves?...for rising cases.

I guess those are people who have only now recognized the dangers and regret not getting a vaccine yet?

They're likely the immunocompromised and the allergic, most likely--those who don't have the choice to get the vaccine.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5799 on: August 03, 2021, 07:49:56 PM »

I was one of them. I was hesitant about the vaccine (general anxiety about needles) and simply avoided going out at all until I was ready so I didn't contribute to the spread.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 ... 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies