COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:45:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 6: Return of the Omicron  (Read 534681 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11325 on: April 02, 2023, 12:06:58 AM »

What about those 2 months back in the spring of 2020?

Two months three years ago, and you guys have been acting like we're living under a totalitarian dictatorship ever since.
Mask mandates were totalitarian

No they weren't. Keep crying about it.
I'm not the one crying. Its the blue hair people on Twitter who were crying when red states moved away from masks. Two years later when blue states moved away from masks because of public outcry, it was the blue hair people on reddit crying.

Your side tried to kidnap the Governor of Michigan because they had to get takeout from Arby's instead of going into the restaurant.
I am a proud Democrat and a fan of Governor Whitmer. In fact, I think she is the best possible canididate in 2028 to succede Biden

By "your side" I don't mean Democrat vs Republican, I mean liberal vs conservative.
I am a progressive. I supported Bernie Sanders

Lots of hippies became Republicans later in life.
Do you think masks mandates should have been universally optional during the Delta Surge of 2021?

Universally? No, they should obviously be required in hospitals.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #11326 on: April 02, 2023, 12:08:12 AM »

Do you think masks mandates should have been universally optional during the Delta Surge of 2021?

By that time, they should have very clearly been optional - especially since vaccines had been out for months.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11327 on: April 02, 2023, 12:40:28 AM »

What about those 2 months back in the spring of 2020?

Two months three years ago, and you guys have been acting like we're living under a totalitarian dictatorship ever since.
Mask mandates were totalitarian

No they weren't. Keep crying about it.
I'm not the one crying. Its the blue hair people on Twitter who were crying when red states moved away from masks. Two years later when blue states moved away from masks because of public outcry, it was the blue hair people on reddit crying.

Your side tried to kidnap the Governor of Michigan because they had to get takeout from Arby's instead of going into the restaurant.
I am a proud Democrat and a fan of Governor Whitmer. In fact, I think she is the best possible canididate in 2028 to succede Biden

By "your side" I don't mean Democrat vs Republican, I mean liberal vs conservative.
I am a progressive. I supported Bernie Sanders

Lots of hippies became Republicans later in life.

Universally? No, they should obviously be required in hospitals.
What about except for hospitals or other medical areas. Specifically schools and businesses
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11328 on: April 02, 2023, 12:48:53 AM »

What about except for hospitals or other medical areas. Specifically schools and businesses

At that point, businesses should be allowed to make whatever decisions they want. That also is true today, I don't think it would be fair to tell a private business that they can't have their own rules about masking.

Schools, I am leaning towards it being up to the individual district. That being said the schools should have all been fully in-person by this point (if they weren't already), but I think masks are fine. But obviously today there is no need for masking.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11329 on: April 02, 2023, 03:12:15 PM »

WHY WAS THIS UNSTICKIED?Huh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KEEP IT ON THE TOP FOREVER!!!!
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #11330 on: April 02, 2023, 05:32:34 PM »

After over three years, the covid megathread is no longer pinned to the top.  It's the end of an era.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11331 on: April 03, 2023, 01:00:46 PM »

After over three years, the covid megathread is no longer pinned to the top.  It's the end of an era.

Broke: The pandemic is over when the US declares it over.

Joke: The pandemic is over when the WHO declares it over.

Woke: The pandemic is over when the USGD megathread is no longer pinned.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11332 on: April 03, 2023, 02:36:27 PM »

Whoa!

End of an era.  This has been a pinned thread for 80% of my tenure on Atlas (which is now nearing four years).
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11333 on: April 03, 2023, 02:42:28 PM »

When was this stickied?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #11334 on: April 04, 2023, 01:05:12 AM »

The WHO and China bungled this so badly. They should have listened to Taiwan.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11335 on: April 04, 2023, 07:28:08 AM »

The original one I think in March 2020.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11336 on: April 04, 2023, 09:08:09 AM »

Bruh who even cares about COVID anymore it’s been 3 years no one wears masks anymore except the crazies and geezers
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11337 on: April 04, 2023, 09:54:55 AM »

The first three Covid megathreads only took through the end of March 2020; the fourth took place entirely in April, and the fifth ran through August, with this thread being founded then. Part of me wishes there had been more thread cuts since then for the sake of easy documentation, but still. Those few months were a crazy time.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11338 on: April 05, 2023, 12:08:30 AM »

But I am still obsessed with covid!!!

It's NEEDS to be stickied!!!
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11339 on: April 05, 2023, 12:12:27 AM »

jimmie, it's time to let COVID go and move on.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #11340 on: April 05, 2023, 05:21:14 AM »

The International COVID-19 Megathread is still stickied in IGD. There's been one post there in the last two months, I'll grant you, and it's BasedSanta looking back on the three-year anniversary of lockdown measures. But it's stickied.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #11341 on: April 06, 2023, 02:20:31 PM »

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11342 on: April 10, 2023, 11:49:41 PM »

Get ready for Operation Warp Speed's sequel -Project NextGen:

The Biden administration Monday announced a $5 billion program to accelerate the development of next-generation COVID-19 vaccines and treatments.

Like Operation Warp Speed, which developed and distributed vaccines in the early days of the pandemic, Project NextGen will cut across government agencies and involve public-private collaborations, a senior Biden official told USA TODAY.

----

Project NextGen has three primary goals, which Osterholm and colleagues laid out in a "roadmap" issued in February: Develop a nasal vaccine that will hopefully prevent infection as well as severe disease; develop longer-lasting vaccines; and create “broader” vaccines that protect against all variants and several different coronaviruses

It will also include funding to develop more durable monoclonal antibodies resistant to new variants, according to the administration. Antibodies were highly effective treatments earlier in the pandemic but have not been able to keep up with the virus as it evolved and are no longer available.

The administration said the initial allocation of $5 billion for Project NextGen will be financed through money saved from contracts costing less than originally estimated. The investment was first reported Monday by the Washington Post.

source

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #11343 on: April 11, 2023, 03:01:14 AM »

Bruh who even cares about COVID anymore it’s been 3 years no one wears masks anymore except the crazies and geezers

Japan full of crazies and geezers confirmed
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #11344 on: April 11, 2023, 07:30:46 AM »

Certainly better than coughing and sneezing on everything in sight. I'd certainly put more faith in the average Japanese citizen than Red State America. There's probably a 15-20 year differential in life expectancy now.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11345 on: April 11, 2023, 09:34:47 AM »

Certainly better than coughing and sneezing on everything in sight. I'd certainly put more faith in the average Japanese citizen than Red State America. There's probably a 15-20 year differential in life expectancy now.

It’s really funny when one nerd is wearing a cloth mask around a crowd of people who rightfully don’t feel a need to … but an N-95 or you’re just virtue signaling.  And no one cares about those virtue signals anymore.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11346 on: April 11, 2023, 09:44:18 AM »

On Sunday I saw somebody walking outside with a mask on and it was like a throwback to 2020. It was in the neighborhood, not like a busy sidewalk or anything.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #11347 on: April 11, 2023, 09:51:55 AM »

If someone wants/needs to wear a mask, so what? Get a grip.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11348 on: April 11, 2023, 09:54:08 AM »

If someone wants/needs to wear a mask, so what? Get a grip.

Yup, if someone wants to, let them do it. Masks can also protect from other infectious diseases. Wearing one should be voluntarily though.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #11349 on: April 11, 2023, 09:58:43 AM »

It’s really funny when one nerd is wearing a cloth mask around a crowd of people who rightfully don’t feel a need to … but an N-95 or you’re just virtue signaling.  And no one cares about those virtue signals anymore.

Of course not. But no one in this goddamn country cares about anyone else anymore. People in this country regularly go to work or out in public highly contagious and spreading every infection they can. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to get to sick and I'd rather everyone keep their germs away as much as possible whenever they can.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 [454] 455 456  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies