UT: Y2 Analytics: Trump +10 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:55:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  UT: Y2 Analytics: Trump +10 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT: Y2 Analytics: Trump +10  (Read 2271 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 05, 2020, 06:34:22 PM »

Just take Romney's April 2016 excoriation of Trump, have a voice-over by someone else saying "He told you so!", and then "I'm Joe Biden and I approve of this message". 
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 06:45:09 PM »

This will only happen if/when the LDS church loses its influence. (Or I guess if it moderates on social issues.)

Both are already happening.

Without the LDS church, Utah would be as blue as Colorado if not more so. Democrats probably have more room to grow in Davis and Utah counties than almost any other county in the country.

Still really hoping for a Romney endorsement. That could really speed things up.

Romney and the LDS hierarchy would kill the Trump campaign this year in Utah.

Mormons aren't bad people. Their ethical values are close to those of the American mainstream. They value education and learning. The LDS Church handled Obergfell very well. (I see same-sex rights as pro-family and homophobia as anti-family). The big point is that liberal America is in practice much more conservative in practice (think of Barack Obama) on family values than many on the Right would like to believe.

No President has more mocked Mormon values in family life than Donald Trump. What applies to any state applies to Utah: people who offend the values of the majority of people within that state deserve to lose.

Utah has been a solid-R state since 1952, when Ike courted the LDS hierarchy.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies