What do you think happens next?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:02:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What do you think happens next?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: What do you think happens next?
Trump survives and makes a recovery, going on to lose the election

Trump survives and makes a recovery, going on to win an Electoral College victory decided by the Supreme Court

Trump survives, but resigns from office, President Pence pardons him but goes on to lose the election

Trump survives, but resigns from office, President Pence pardons him and goes on to win the election

Trump dies before election day, President Pence goes on to lose the election

Trump dies before election day, President Pence goes on to win the election

Trump dies on Election Day

Trump makes a partial recovery, loses the election, and dies in the days or weeks afterwards from lingering complications

Trump makes a partial recovery, narrowly wins the Electoral College, but dies days or weeks later from lingering complications

Other (Be Creative!)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 166

Author Topic: What do you think happens next?  (Read 2395 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2020, 12:16:49 PM »

F*** it, Trump dies ON election day.
COVID is barely deadlier than the flu, and you except the most powerful man with top-notch doctors at his service to die from it?

How many people do you think would have died from COVID by now if we weren't taking major public safety precautions, including shutting down businesses and encouraging everyone to stay indoors?  And if we weren't using emergency measures to provision PPE and ICUs to maximize the survival rate of those who get it?  If we weren't doing contact tracing and testing to try to find people who have it before they reach critical condition?

COVID has a mortality rate of 1-4%.  Let's be generous and say 1%.  COVID spreads like wildfire.  If we didn't take any precautions, everyone would get it, and 3 million people would die.

That's either 50x or 300x more deadly than the flu, depending on which flu death estimate you use.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »

COVID is barely deadlier than the flu, and you except the most powerful man with top-notch doctors at his service to die from it?

Misinformation aside, do you think Trump catching the flu would not be a serious health concern for him?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2020, 12:21:46 PM »

How many people do you think would have died from COVID by now if we weren't taking major public safety precautions, including shutting down businesses and encouraging everyone to stay indoors?  And if we weren't using emergency measures to provision PPE and ICUs to maximize the survival rate of those who get it?  If we weren't doing contact tracing and testing to try to find people who have it before they reach critical condition?

COVID has a mortality rate of 1-4%.  Let's be generous and say 1%.  COVID spreads like wildfire.  If we didn't take any precautions, everyone would get it, and 3 million people would die.

That's either 50x or 300x more deadly than the flu, depending on which flu death estimate you use.
The lockdowns are BS, all you have to do is quarantine the vulnerable with conditions for a period, than let the rest develop herd immunity, places like schools are not vulnerable to infections, even the WHO admits that children rarely infects adults, it's actually vise-versa.

We don't KNOW who HAS it.

EVERYONE is vulnerable.

You don't have conditions UNTIL A WEEK LATER.

HOW IS IT OCTOBER AND YOU STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 12:23:35 PM »

It's actually pretty impressive how stupid you are. Only have two great grandparents?

How does it feel helping to be responsible for the spread of misinformation which has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of your own countrymen?

Oh wait, I shouldn't have asked that since doing so implies you have the ability to "feel" anything for anybody else. My bad.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12797238/flu-killed-10-times-more-brits-coronavirus-14-week/
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/GL-KH-COMPOSITE-GRAPH-FLU-DEADLIER-COVID-15-SEP.jpg?strip=all&w=960

The flu kills ~0.1% of people who become infected, compared to COVID-19 killing ~0.6% of people who become infected. I know math is probably hard for you, though, so let me simplify it: a 0.6% mortality rate is more lethal than a 0.1% mortality rate.

Stop spreading misinformation, you diseased maniac.

Not to mention half the people who survive the flu don't have permanent lung, heart, and neurological damage as is happening with covid.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2020, 12:33:40 PM »

Here's a post I found from a forum that debunks this;

The estimated case death rate takes into account how many were estimated to have it. This number comes from random sampling the population. Since ~80% get COVID-19 with NO symptoms, and ~15% have mild symptoms, ~95% never get tested who have it. Multiply the positives by 80 or more to get the estimated cases, so the estimated death rate is a tiny fraction closer to the common cold 0.01%.

COVID-19 is thus the COMMON COLD. It has a similar death rate and the same sympyoms.

200,000 people are already dead you absolute imbecile.  Even if the entire U.S. population had it, the mortality rate from deaths so far alone would be 7 times higher than you're claiming.

If you really believe COVID isn't deadly, why not prove it?  Why not put your money where your mouth is?  Go get yourself infected with COVID.  Go hang out with your president up in his ICU ward at Walter Reed.  Then you can come back to us and tell us how you're perfectly fine.  Trust me, we'll all be very chastened.

In fact, I'll go a step further.  If you get yourself infected with COVID and survive, I will change my name to "SirWoodbury was right, COVID is a hoax" and donate $1,000 to the Trump campaign.  Please, please, please, please, please, please go infect yourself.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2020, 12:35:29 PM »

It's much deadlier than the flu, and yes.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 12:37:56 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2022, 11:31:51 AM by brucejoel99 »

It's actually pretty impressive how stupid you are. Only have two great grandparents?

How does it feel helping to be responsible for the spread of misinformation which has led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of your own countrymen?

Oh wait, I shouldn't have asked that since doing so implies you have the ability to "feel" anything for anybody else. My bad.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12797238/flu-killed-10-times-more-brits-coronavirus-14-week/
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/GL-KH-COMPOSITE-GRAPH-FLU-DEADLIER-COVID-15-SEP.jpg?strip=all&w=960

The flu kills ~0.1% of people who become infected, compared to COVID-19 killing ~0.6% of people who become infected. I know math is probably hard for you, though, so let me simplify it: a 0.6% mortality rate is more lethal than a 0.1% mortality rate.

The estimated case death rate takes into account how many were estimated to have it. This number comes from random sampling the population. Since ~80% get COVID-19 with NO symptoms, and ~15% have mild symptoms, ~95% never get tested who have it. Multiply the positives by 80 or more to get the estimated cases, so the estimated death rate is a tiny fraction closer to the common cold 0.01%.

COVID-19 is thus the COMMON COLD. It has a similar death rate and the same sympyoms.

Let's see: listen to Dr. Fauci & the CDC's statistics, or a forum post found by SirWoodbury? Hard choice.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2020, 12:44:55 PM »

200,000 people are already dead you absolute imbecile.  Even if the entire U.S. population had it, the mortality rate from deaths so far alone would be 7 times higher than you're claiming.

If you really believe COVID isn't deadly, why not prove it?  Why not put your money where your mouth is?  Go get yourself infected with COVID.  Go hang out with your president up in his ICU ward at Walter Reed.  Then you can come back to us and tell us how you're perfectly fine.  Trust me, we'll all be very chastened.

In fact, I'll go a step further.  If you get yourself infected with COVID and survive, I will change my name to "SirWoodbury was right, COVID is a hoax" and donate $1,000 to the Trump campaign.  Please, please, please, please, please, please go infect yourself.
I don't have to. I have a friend that had COVID, he had no symptoms, he didn't even realize that he had it until he got tested (because his work requires him too).
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »

200,000 people are already dead you absolute imbecile.  Even if the entire U.S. population had it, the mortality rate from deaths so far alone would be 7 times higher than you're claiming.

If you really believe COVID isn't deadly, why not prove it?  Why not put your money where your mouth is?  Go get yourself infected with COVID.  Go hang out with your president up in his ICU ward at Walter Reed.  Then you can come back to us and tell us how you're perfectly fine.  Trust me, we'll all be very chastened.

In fact, I'll go a step further.  If you get yourself infected with COVID and survive, I will change my name to "SirWoodbury was right, COVID is a hoax" and donate $1,000 to the Trump campaign.  Please, please, please, please, please, please go infect yourself.
I don't have to. I have a friend that had COVID, he had no symptoms, he didn't even realize that he had it until he got tested (because his work requires him too).

If you really believe what you're saying, go get infected.  Stop arguing and do it.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »

So they're basing this on pure speculation of what they THINK are the number of people not getting tested, with zero evidence. Thank you for clarifying that what you're saying is not based on any credible source.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2020, 12:58:23 PM »

The Sun has all the credibility of Alex Jones. Try again.
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2020, 01:01:50 PM »

If you really believe what you're saying, go get infected.  Stop arguing and do it.
And have to isolate myself for days when I instead could be working? No thank you.

Instead of listening to CNN and other msm, try unplugging out of the Matrix once in a while and do some digging yourself:
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »

https://www.ons.gov.uk/
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2020, 01:08:26 PM »

Jerking it to the Sims isn't working.

*Sigh*

Nine year old PQG misses that game so much. 

22-year-old me still loves it. Designing houses is a real time suck...
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2020, 01:08:54 PM »

If we have a living Trump by election day, I'm increasingly confident he loses. But I'm increasingly wondering as well if we have Pence instead.

Do we see the Never Trumpers come home?
Is there a reduced turnout among the cult since he's gone, or do they still vote because he's on the ballot?
Do the further left voters stay home because it's Trump the person rather than the administration?
Do voters tune and figure "Trumps gone, mission accomplished" or will this still implicate the entire administration for them?

There's so many possible outcomes that could make a big difference in both directions, or it could similarly have zero impact
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2020, 01:22:04 PM »

If we have a living Trump by election day, I'm increasingly confident he loses. But I'm increasingly wondering as well if we have Pence instead.

Do we see the Never Trumpers come home?
Is there a reduced turnout among the cult since he's gone, or do they still vote because he's on the ballot?
Do the further left voters stay home because it's Trump the person rather than the administration?
Do voters tune and figure "Trumps gone, mission accomplished" or will this still implicate the entire administration for them?

There's so many possible outcomes that could make a big difference in both directions, or it could similarly have zero impact

There will definitely be reduced turnout among the GOP. Many Republicans are now essentially Trump or Bust.

Also Pence is disliked by pretty much everyone outside of the evangelical community, and was in charge of the White House COVID task force early one. He'll be implicated in their incompetence.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »

https://www.ons.gov.uk/

UK has better healthcare access and, like Japan, has it controlled to the point hospitals aren't overwhelmed. Not to mention most Americans have underlying conditions--try again.

Somebody in the US in the same condition has a far lower likelihood of somebody in equal condition there.
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2020, 01:36:23 PM »

And have to isolate myself for days when I instead could be working? No thank you.

Instead of listening to CNN and other msm, try unplugging out of the Matrix once in a while and do some digging yourself:

"Do some digging yourself" = Consume other, less reliable media sources, that tell me what I want to hear, and couldn't possibly be motivated to misinform me.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2020, 02:03:31 PM »

What happens to pledged electors with no opt out if he dies after the election?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2020, 02:09:23 PM »

Unless he wins, it doesn't really matter. I guess each state can decide for itself.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2020, 02:10:28 PM »

They vote for whoever they want, a la 1872.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2020, 02:16:51 PM »

Unless he wins, it doesn't really matter. I guess each state can decide for itself.

Yeah, even states with faithless-elector laws generally allow the parties to substitute a new ticket in the event of candidate death/incapacitation.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »

They vote for whoever they want, a la 1872.

And if no one candidate gets 270, then it goes to the state legislatures who'll most likely install Pence...or Ivanka or Don Jr.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2020, 03:50:09 PM »

Other: everyone dies.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2020, 04:22:25 PM »

Trump has made 1.6T his stimulus offer and he is telling Pelosi to get it done, blue dogs, Manchin, Sinema, and Bob CaseyvJr are ready to go with the compromise, Pelosi and the Unions want 2.4T that they're not gonna get
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies