Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 12:38:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 92064 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: October 05, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »

How is this a smart move, politically or otherwise? These people are f**king insane, man.

Republicans and their voters are going to kill us all.

I've been reluctant to declare Trump a worse president than James Buchanan or Andrew Johnson, but he's really making it difficult.

He is.  He's going to go down as the absolute worst president in American history.  Future generations will study this time period in utter horror and disbelief.  Their grandparents who supported Trump will face lots of questions, being on the wrong side of history.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #1701 on: October 05, 2020, 04:26:30 PM »

How is this a smart move, politically or otherwise? These people are f**king insane, man.

That's how i've been for most of his Presidency, but this past month has been enough to finally make me consider him the worst, even over Buchanan and Andrew Johnson.

I've been reluctant to declare Trump a worse president than James Buchanan or Andrew Johnson, but he's really making it difficult.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1702 on: October 05, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »

He is.  He's going to go down as the absolute worst president in American history.  Future generations will study this time period in utter horror and disbelief.  Their grandparents who supported Trump will face lots of questions, being on the wrong side of history.
Doubtful, some will lie and proclaim their strong support for the resistance. The rest will be dead because they are already old.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1703 on: October 05, 2020, 04:41:38 PM »

Conservative logic:

I'm going to arm myself to the teeth and open-carry an AR-15 at all times on the offchance that some Uppity Black breaks into my house in the middle of the night to rape my blonde daughters and steal my flatscreen TV.

I'm going to bomb multiple Middle Eastern countries and give intelligence services carte blanche to spy on everyone in case a Radical Islamic Terrorist tries to blow something up.

A respiratory virus that can cause incredible pain, disability and death is going around but rather than wear a mask and avoid crowded rooms, I'm just gonna go with it.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1704 on: October 05, 2020, 04:48:53 PM »

It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1705 on: October 05, 2020, 04:51:14 PM »

Conservative logic:

I'm going to arm myself to the teeth and open-carry an AR-15 at all times on the offchance that some Uppity Black breaks into my house in the middle of the night to rape my blonde daughters and steal my flatscreen TV.

I'm going to bomb multiple Middle Eastern countries and give intelligence services carte blanche to spy on everyone in case a Radical Islamic Terrorist tries to blow something up.

A respiratory virus that can cause incredible pain, disability and death is going around but rather than wear a mask and avoid crowded rooms, I'm just gonna go with it.
Interestingly, my gun-loving, Trump-bootlicking, libruhl-hating uncle in rural VA has been apparently taking this virus extremely seriously.
He doesn’t allow his kids to leave the property and they always are wearing N-95 masks when out (which is rare) even when in another family member’s house.
I am very interested to learn how his love of Trump can coexist with the current stupidity of the White House.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1706 on: October 05, 2020, 04:51:24 PM »

Unacceptable.

Unsafe.

Un-American.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1707 on: October 05, 2020, 04:52:47 PM »

I'm starting to come around to the conspiracy theory that the Trump admin is doing their best to infect Biden with COVID-19.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1708 on: October 05, 2020, 04:53:02 PM »

I’m somewhat doubtful of him being able to debate. The Trump campaign can say all they want, but a week and a half is a long time in Covid-time. Let’s see how he feels (and tests) in a week.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1709 on: October 05, 2020, 04:53:49 PM »

Unacceptable.

Unsafe.

Un-American.
Biden better use this against Trump, and obviously better not participate in the debate.
He should call for a rescheduling and remind the audience Trump is willing to infect civilians for political gain.

Of course, that’s if Trump isn’t on a ventilator.
Splash
United States

« Reply #1710 on: October 05, 2020, 04:56:43 PM »

Meanwhile, the Trump campaign is making fun of Kamala Harris for insisting on a plexiglass divider for the VP debate despite the fact that Pence has come into contact with multiple individuals who have tested positive for coronavirus over the past week.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1711 on: October 05, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »

Just happened to catch that Biden +15 poll from CNN. At this rate, the Republicans' best hope for still winning the election may be Trump dying and Pence receiving a "sympathy bump" that narrowly carries him over the threshold.

Donald Trump is essenitally the character of Howard Beale from the movie Network now - an unhinged and controverisal figure who originally is an unexpected success due to his nuttiness, but who eventually jumps the shark and increasingly becomes a liability who drags his network down with him. And it seems like we're quickly approaching the 120th minute of the film.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1712 on: October 05, 2020, 05:13:50 PM »

I’m somewhat doubtful of him being able to debate. The Trump campaign can say all they want, but a week and a half is a long time in Covid-time. Let’s see how he feels (and tests) in a week.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1713 on: October 05, 2020, 05:14:13 PM »

My friend in Melbourne will never get to see her father again, and this orange f**kstick says not to be afraid of the virus?

To paraphrase the words of Joseph N. Welch, until this moment, Mr President, I don't think I had ever fully gauged your cruelty or recklessness. Have you no sense of decency sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?

F**k it. I'm all in now. Biden/Harris 2020.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #1714 on: October 05, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »

Yes, I am sure today's developments are going to help Trump politically. s/

My main takeaway is that 33% of Americans will say literally anything as long as it makes Trump look good
compucomp

« Reply #1715 on: October 05, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »

Even beyond the obvious reckless and tone-deaf nature of his new "I caught COVID and it's not that bad" message, I think it's awful for him electorally, even if he really does recover without further complications. The message might get sympathy among the 18-40 age group (for them you could reasonably say it's true), but this will not sway their vote. But the 65+ age group most certainly will hate this message with a passion and it will sway their votes. Old people hate more than anything when people even mention, much less mock, their mortality, which Trump is doing here.  
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1716 on: October 05, 2020, 05:23:12 PM »

The message might get sympathy among the 18-40 age group (for them you could reasonably say it's true), but this will not sway their vote.

Nothing Trump says will get him sympathy from the age group that hates him the most.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1717 on: October 05, 2020, 05:24:23 PM »

If Trump actually wins despite all of this, there's no saving this country.
Buzz

« Reply #1718 on: October 05, 2020, 05:24:52 PM »

There was never going to be a damn sympathy bump for a guy that downplayed the virus for the past 6 months.  Stop arguing over stupid ****!!!!!!!!!
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1719 on: October 05, 2020, 05:24:57 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2020, 05:28:28 PM by Monstro Believes in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

Even beyond the obvious reckless and tone-deaf nature of his new "I caught COVID and it's not that bad" message, I think it's awful for him electorally, even if he really does recover without further complications. The message might get sympathy among the 18-40 age group (for them you could reasonably say it's true), but this will not sway their vote. But the 65+ age group most certainly will hate this message with a passion and it will sway their votes. Old people hate more than anything when people even mention, much less mock, their mortality, which Trump is doing here.

I don't know if you noticed, but there's no age group that hates & distrusts him more than the under 40 group.

They care as much about COVID & social distancing as any other age group. This won't get him anything but anger & possibly increased turnout for Biden
Splash
United States

« Reply #1720 on: October 05, 2020, 05:28:01 PM »

compucomp

« Reply #1721 on: October 05, 2020, 05:29:26 PM »

Folks under 40 care as much about COVID & social distancing as any other age group. This won't get him anything but anger

Sorry, that one I don't think is true. Maybe 25-40. Otherwise Spring Break 2020 wouldn't have been such a disaster ("If I get corona, I get corona"), college campuses would not have instantly turned into COVID hot spots when students came back, and "COVID parties" would have never become a thing.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1722 on: October 05, 2020, 05:30:01 PM »

Trump is no Teddy Roosevelt. I don’t think getting out and campaigning in his health would be good for him (disregarding the harm he would cause by spreading Covid like fertilizer on a lawn).
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1723 on: October 05, 2020, 05:31:16 PM »

There was never going to be a damn sympathy bump for a guy that downplayed the virus for the past 6 months.  Stop arguing over stupid ****!!!!!!!!!
So you admit he downplayed the virus?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1724 on: October 05, 2020, 05:32:04 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2020, 05:50:11 PM by Monstro Believes in a Blue Texas & a Blue Georgia »

Folks under 40 care as much about COVID & social distancing as any other age group. This won't get him anything but anger

Sorry, that one I don't think is true. Maybe 25-40. Otherwise Spring Break 2020 wouldn't have been such a disaster ("If I get corona, I get corona"), college campuses would not have instantly turned into COVID hot spots when students came back, and "COVID parties" would have never become a thing.

Sounds to me like you've got a predisposed bias against young people since before COVID.

I don't know what to tell ya other then you're paintbrushing based on ~1% of young people that the news focuses on
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies