Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:49:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 92005 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: October 04, 2020, 07:48:20 PM »

Masks don't prevent you from getting COVID.

Masks stop you from giving COVID to other people.

Thom Tillis wearing a mask wouldn't have saved him from Kellyanne Conway breathing in his face.  Instant COVID.  Just ask Kellyanne's daughter.

And masks are only reducing a certain percentage of the particles.  They are effective because they reduce the ODDS of spreading the disease to someone.  If you keep reducing the odds enough you can slow the spread enough to contain the virus.  Like instead of 100 people a day getting COVID, it might be 10 or 15 people a day.  Same with social distancing.

But Trump sitting right next to a secret service agent in a hermetically sealed vehicle for an extended period of time?  The mask won't stop him from breathing his COVID particles all throughout the vehicle.  Mark my words, every single person in that vehicle will contract COVID within the week.

It's totally indefensible.  But such is life in Trump's administration.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1476 on: October 04, 2020, 07:50:58 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1477 on: October 04, 2020, 07:55:28 PM »

Can some enterprising reporter get us the names of the secret service agents who were in the vehicle?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1478 on: October 04, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »

And masks are only reducing a certain percentage of the particles.  They are effective because they reduce the ODDS of spreading the disease to someone.  If you keep reducing the odds enough you can slow the spread enough to contain the virus.  Like instead of 100 people a day getting COVID, it might be 10 or 15 people a day.  Same with social distancing..

Masks are extremely effective if the person infected wears them--there was a story of a hair cuttery where two employees were positive, everybody wore masks, and nobody got sick.
compucomp

« Reply #1479 on: October 04, 2020, 07:57:48 PM »

Thom Tillis wearing a mask wouldn't have saved him from Kellyanne Conway breathing in his face.  Instant COVID.  Just ask Kellyanne's daughter.

And masks are only reducing a certain percentage of the particles.  They are effective because they reduce the ODDS of spreading the disease to someone.  If you keep reducing the odds enough you can slow the spread enough to contain the virus.  Like instead of 100 people a day getting COVID, it might be 10 or 15 people a day.  Same with social distancing.

But Trump sitting right next to a secret service agent in a hermetically sealed vehicle for an extended period of time?  The mask won't stop him from breathing his COVID particles all throughout the vehicle.  Mark my words, every single person in that vehicle will contract COVID within the week.

I saw the Secret Service agents in the picture wearing N95 masks. So they have a chance of not catching it. But if I were in the car, I'd also be wearing a face shield and disposable gown and still be sweating that I was infected.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1480 on: October 04, 2020, 08:02:01 PM »

And masks are only reducing a certain percentage of the particles.  They are effective because they reduce the ODDS of spreading the disease to someone.  If you keep reducing the odds enough you can slow the spread enough to contain the virus.  Like instead of 100 people a day getting COVID, it might be 10 or 15 people a day.  Same with social distancing..

Masks are extremely effective if the person infected wears them--there was a story of a hair cuttery where two employees were positive, everybody wore masks, and nobody got sick.

It's just random.  You can flip a coin ten times and have it come up heads all ten times.  Doesn't mean you should stake your life on it not coming up tails.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1481 on: October 04, 2020, 08:14:58 PM »

Trump Driveby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS4pGkfF37Q

All Media outlets reported he was waving to them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1482 on: October 04, 2020, 08:25:47 PM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1483 on: October 04, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »

This is one of those rare threads where I get to point and laugh at the other mods.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1484 on: October 04, 2020, 08:36:20 PM »

I saw the Secret Service agents in the picture wearing N95 masks. So they have a chance of not catching it. But if I were in the car, I'd also be wearing a face shield and disposable gown and still be sweating that I was infected.

N-95 Masks are good, although naturally do not completely stop the spread of the disease...

When they first re-opened the Factory I work at after the Forest Fire Smokes shut the joint down, we had complaints from line-workers about the smoke levels inside the Factory with particulates, even although Indoor AQI was only around 180 vs the 500+ levels we were experiencing outside, and complaints from the workers were "will masks be provided"...

Only mask that might have helped against the smoke from the Forest Fires was obviously not available to Factory Workers in Oregon because of dramatic shortages....

The rest of us "normal workers" don't get anything close to the PPE afforded to the wealthy, powerful, not to mention even masks designed to protect medical workers against COVID-19...

Trump did not appear to be wearing an N-95 mask, unless I missed something... plus please source the seeing Secret Service Members wearing N-95 masks....

Not doubting you, but this s**t is real....
compucomp

« Reply #1485 on: October 04, 2020, 08:48:23 PM »

N-95 Masks are good, although naturally do not completely stop the spread of the disease...

When they first re-opened the Factory I work at after the Forest Fire Smokes shut the joint down, we had complaints from line-workers about the smoke levels inside the Factory with particulates, even although Indoor AQI was only around 180 vs the 500+ levels we were experiencing outside, and complaints from the workers were "will masks be provided"...

Only mask that might have helped against the smoke from the Forest Fires was obviously not available to Factory Workers in Oregon because of dramatic shortages....

The rest of us "normal workers" don't get anything close to the PPE afforded to the wealthy, powerful, not to mention even masks designed to protect medical workers against COVID-19...

Trump did not appear to be wearing an N-95 mask, unless I missed something... plus please source the seeing Secret Service Members wearing N-95 masks....

Trump was not wearing one indeed, but the guy sitting in the front passenger seat is. He may be wearing a face shield as well.

And yes, N95 is not perfect, it will block 95% of airborne particles. There's N99 and N100 but I don't know if that's available for anyone to purchase now.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-covid-19-updates-sunday/h_ab956b255062d78ea69d73afa78f47ac
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1486 on: October 04, 2020, 09:06:57 PM »

Trump was not wearing one indeed, but the guy sitting in the front passenger seat is. He may be wearing a face shield as well.

And yes, N95 is not perfect, it will block 95% of airborne particles. There's N99 and N100 but I don't know if that's available for anyone to purchase now.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-covid-19-updates-sunday/h_ab956b255062d78ea69d73afa78f47ac

Back in July I unknowingly was exposed to three covid positive patients, and I only wore a surgical mask...I didn’t catch covid.

I’m not an expert at all, but at least I didn’t catch it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1487 on: October 04, 2020, 10:04:53 PM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1488 on: October 05, 2020, 12:35:27 AM »

„Drive-by spreader in-chief.“
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1489 on: October 05, 2020, 02:59:56 AM »

Trump = Literally Satan then? Tongue
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1490 on: October 05, 2020, 03:09:17 AM »

In regards to the mask discussion and how some who did wear masks at the Rose Garden event got sick, keep in mind that masks and being outdoors can only do so much when you're still clustered close together with many others for a somewhat lengthy amount of time.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1491 on: October 05, 2020, 04:44:33 AM »

This car ride illustrates why Trump is unlikely to get a sympathy bump. He probably could get such a bump, but he'd have to play his cards right and Donald Trump never plays his cards right. He os gonna pull sh**t like this and you just know that if indeed he gets well soon, he'll boast about it and generally act like the ass he is, because he is incapable of showing normal human emotions.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1492 on: October 05, 2020, 06:22:18 AM »

He must be taking some pretty good sh**t.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1493 on: October 05, 2020, 07:04:50 AM »

WHOA...

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1494 on: October 05, 2020, 07:07:23 AM »

WHOA...

This can't be good, right? No one, not even Trump loyalists can see this as stable behaviour, right?

I mean, would you discharge someone acting like this, back to the White House? Would you give them back their little paper slip with the nuclear codes?
Buzz

« Reply #1495 on: October 05, 2020, 07:09:32 AM »

WHOA...

This can't be good, right? No one, not even Trump loyalists can see this as stable behaviour, right?

I mean, would you discharge someone acting like this, back to the White House? Would you give them back their little paper slip with the nuclear codes?

He’s literally just tweeting.......
rhg2052

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.78

« Reply #1496 on: October 05, 2020, 07:09:54 AM »

WHOA...

Someone just got some bad polling news...
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1497 on: October 05, 2020, 07:11:44 AM »

WHOA...

He’s literally just tweeting.......

Do you think stable people tweet like that? All caps, back to back, this is Kanye when he's off his meds stuff. It's messy even for Trump.
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1498 on: October 05, 2020, 07:12:27 AM »

Am I the only one who thinks he's not the one tweeting those? I have a feeling it's Jared just rattling off talking points to project stability.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1499 on: October 05, 2020, 07:12:48 AM »

WHOA...

I don't know. Isn't this just Trump being Trump, ready to f*** things up for himself so he ensures that he will not get a sympathy bump?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies