Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:16:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91479 times)
roxas11
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: October 04, 2020, 05:35:09 PM »

There's something to him reassuring the public that he's still alive and energetic, though I doubt it plays well beyond his diehard base.

There is A big difference between something like this

Reagan waving to the public after being shot and reassuring them that he is ok

compared to Trump getting into a SUV to ride around while putting secret agents lives at risk and then going right back to the hospital right after.

This was Dumb and reckless move that all but guarantee that he will not being getting much sympathy from the public. I cant believe his campaign actually thought this was good idea  
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1451 on: October 04, 2020, 05:35:28 PM »

This thread seems have become a bit toxic ngl. We're supposed to be discussing the impact this event could have on the election; not wishing suffering upon the President or just trying to roast eachother.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1452 on: October 04, 2020, 05:35:53 PM »

Imagine if it was your parents, your children, your friends, in that car with Trump.

How would you feel?  Would you feel gratified that the POTUS got his photo-op?  Or would you be terrified that they would catch COVID from him -- and furious that he had intentionally exposed them to COVID for the sake of a lame photo-op?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1453 on: October 04, 2020, 05:45:44 PM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1454 on: October 04, 2020, 05:47:13 PM »

😡🤬
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1455 on: October 04, 2020, 05:51:01 PM »

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1456 on: October 04, 2020, 05:53:00 PM »

Would be surprised if we don't see an OSHA complaint over this stunt...

I can't imagine that career (non-political appointees) wouldn't be covered under OSHA (Despite the unusual nature of their careers), and be protected against any former of workplace retaliation from their employer...
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #1457 on: October 04, 2020, 05:55:58 PM »

Jesus Christ
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1458 on: October 04, 2020, 05:56:59 PM »

And of course, cultists like Redban and Buzz will just ignore this Tweet altogether.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1459 on: October 04, 2020, 06:03:37 PM »

He's never going to change. Willfully endangered how many people in that car and his entourage just for a photo op and his ego.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1460 on: October 04, 2020, 06:04:07 PM »

An underrated aspect of this latest development is how the video snippet the news keeps playing is him explaining getting COVID as "going to school & not the 'let's read the book' school".

Just to further drive home the "idiot" narrative of today
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1461 on: October 04, 2020, 06:05:29 PM »

Jesus Christ

This is beyond despicable.
McMuffin2020

« Reply #1462 on: October 04, 2020, 06:06:10 PM »

This moron is putting the lives of secret service agents in danger.
Why would anyone still want to vote for him? Lol
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1463 on: October 04, 2020, 06:07:04 PM »

There's something to him reassuring the public that he's still alive and energetic, though I doubt it plays well beyond his diehard base.

There is A big difference between something like this
Reagan waving to the public after being shot and reassuring them that he is ok

compared to Trump getting into a SUV to ride around while putting secret agents lives at risk and then going right back to the hospital right after.

This was Dumb and reckless move that all but guarantee that he will not being getting much sympathy from the public. I cant believe his campaign actually thought this was good idea  

Seriously.
Why could he not have done something like this?
If not out the window (like Reagan), there is probably a balcony somewhere on the hospital, that he quickly could have emerged and just waived. Just long enough for some cameras to catch him (without giving advance notice that he would be there, so that there would be less of a threat).
It's just maddening.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1464 on: October 04, 2020, 06:36:32 PM »

The "anonymous sources" had him on his way to his deathbed.

Instead, he shoots another video and heads outside for the drive around.   "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

He's going to come out of this stronger politically, without a doubt.

People are furious right now. This his Trump's Katrina airplane moment or upside-down Bible 2.0.
Lol nobody is mad except people who already hate him and were wishing him death.

Honestly I do not believe that anyone on Atlas wishes Trump to die, and in fact even on the Forum (Which granted currently tends to skew a bit more Democratic plus more moderate / Liberal Republicans who are more in the #Never Trump Category), posted expressions of sympathy and a hope for his swift recovery once this news was announced....

This is not Dallas Texas 1963 and the overwhelming majority of Democrats and Democratic Leaners in 2020 nationally who are paying attention are likely more worried about the prospect of a President Pence and a Republican Senate majority that might be more effective at getting things done than the current Orange Tanned buffoon and "Trump Reality Show" which is the Trump Administration in his 1st term....

Still--- "the only ones who care about this are...." argument is not only extremely spurious and disingenuous considering that the US Secret Service likely has one of the highest approval ratings of any Government Agency in the United States...  (Somebody fact check me on that please just in case)

Even many Democratic and Left-Leaning 3rd Party voters were riveted by the exploits of Jack Bauer in "24" over multiple seasons, along with many Republicans and Independents, and yeah--- don't go after the Secret Service...

So no Sir--- you are factually likely completely wrong with this statement, since regardless of political affiliation or candidate, the USSS has an impeccable record of street cred among the American Public, and this will go down like a Lead Balloon, until the next Trump "self inflicted scandal" appears, assuming and hoping his condition improves dramatically and quickly.

Trump should have signed onto to a massive infrastructure deal with DEMs as one of the first things coming into to office, which I posted early on....

I am much more of an economic protectionist than many others on Atlas, Trump could have found a way to thread the needle there as a Populist...

Even on COVID-19 Trump can and should have acted as a Presidential Leader for all Americans and responded in a real and forceful manner to prevent the spread of the disease, but unfortunately he chose to opposite route....

Again hoping for a quick recovery for Trump, as well as all others who are suffering the scourge of the disease...
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1465 on: October 04, 2020, 06:50:00 PM »

Any Republican who thinks its wise for covid-positive-Trump to parade around infecting the Secret Service...man, you are some heartless people.  Just completely disregarding the safety and health of other people.

Trump is someone you guys really think is someone that cares about Americans?  This is blatant evidence that he doesn't.

You all are idiots if you think otherwise.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #1466 on: October 04, 2020, 07:22:19 PM »

Those upset are those rooting for his demise.

To many if not most of us it was another signal of strength and that he's fighting back.  If masks work, why is anyone upset about him being masked up inside the SUV with others also in masks?   Can't have it both ways.

You clown! No one ever said the mask protects you 100%, it helps mitigate the spread. The best thing to do is social distance with a mask, but we know that's not feasible in every situation. I swear. Ugh, I'm ready to vote already.
Buzz

« Reply #1467 on: October 04, 2020, 07:26:55 PM »

To many if not most of us it was another signal of strength and that he's fighting back.  If masks work, why is anyone upset about him being masked up inside the SUV with others also in masks?   Can't have it both ways.

You clown! No one ever said the mask protects you 100%, it helps mitigate the spread. The best thing to do is social distance with a mask, but we know that's not feasible in every situation. I swear. Ugh, I'm ready to vote already.
I was told the protestors/rioters didn't spread COVID at all because they had a mask on.
compucomp

« Reply #1468 on: October 04, 2020, 07:29:13 PM »

I was told the protestors/rioters didn't spread COVID at all because they had a mask on.

The protestors were outdoors. Trump and the Secret Service were in a car that is actually hermetically sealed against chemical attacks, meaning that Trump's infectious particles literally have nowhere to go except spread within the car. Try again.
Buzz

« Reply #1469 on: October 04, 2020, 07:33:48 PM »

The protestors were outdoors. Trump and the Secret Service were in a car that is actually hermetically sealed against chemical attacks, meaning that Trump's infectious particles literally have nowhere to go except spread within the car. Try again.
Tom Tillis was outdoors with a mask on and still caught it.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1470 on: October 04, 2020, 07:37:41 PM »

Well, that's the point.  Masks are not 100% effective.  Trump should have been isolating and not needlessly exposing the Secret Service agents.  Do you agree?  Yes or no.

compucomp

« Reply #1471 on: October 04, 2020, 07:38:06 PM »

The ACB event was both outdoors and indoors. The photos I saw of the indoors part did not show anyone putting their mask on. Try again.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1472 on: October 04, 2020, 07:43:51 PM »

Masks aren't entirely effective, but perhaps it's notable that Tillis is asymptomatic-according to the media reports I've seen. It has been demonstrated that they can reduce the amount of viral load someone takes in, thus lessening the severity of the symptoms that they may experience. So even in such instances, masks can prove the difference between a quick recovery and a lengthy hospitalization, or even death.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1473 on: October 04, 2020, 07:46:24 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2020, 08:33:25 PM by UBI man good »

Only Trump can f**k being released from the hospital up...
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1474 on: October 04, 2020, 07:47:22 PM »

Masks aren't entirely effective, but perhaps it's notable that Tillis is asymptomatic-according to the media reports I've seen. It has been demonstrated that they can reduce the amount of viral load someone takes in, thus lessening the severity of the symptoms that they may experience. So even in such instances, masks can prove the difference between a quick recovery and a lengthy hospitalization, or even death.

I'll add that the whole purpose of masks in the first place are to reduce the person who might have it from spreading it--hence if everybody wore them, nobody would spread it at that point. Most masks aren't strongly effective in reducing the wearer from getting it, though it does still reduce the chances and severity.

If you have an N95 or equivalent mask however you're unlikely to catch it outside of a massive load (hence why people working in COVID wards are still getting sick)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies