Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:53:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91340 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: October 03, 2020, 02:08:59 PM »

Redban (with SirWoodbury's recommendation):

Presumably from the same sources as the above Tweet. Even if it's more salacious to talk about this as a life-death situation, I think the more pertinent conversation to have right now is how long Trump will be out of commission as President and as a candidate.

Anonymous sources to the rescue again!!!

AP: Well, their identity got leaked, so yeah, the source is literally the White House Chief of Staff.

Redban (& SirWoodbury):

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1151 on: October 03, 2020, 02:11:23 PM »

Conley says we are 72 hours into the diagnosis. We were told around 1 am on Friday morning that POTUS was positive, which is only 36 hours ago.

So they knew on Wednesday?

**** these people.

If this turns out correct and dominates headlines.... Jesus Christ. If there was ever a sympathy bump, he can kiss it goodbye. Especially if someone from Bedminister dies from the virus.

I thought I couldn’t hate him more, boy was I wrong.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1152 on: October 03, 2020, 02:16:47 PM »

What a world, when "the president walks under his own power" is a news story.

Would have been big news in 1941.

Not really. FDR worked very hard to keep quiet how badly polio had affected him. You almost never saw him in a wheelchair or using his braces.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1153 on: October 03, 2020, 02:23:24 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 02:29:32 PM by TJ in Oregon »

America and the world would be better off without him as President.  There is no doubt about this whatsoever.  He is the single greatest threat to American democracy and his inaction and lack of concern/focus regarding this virus has left our country and the world in a complete disaster of a position.  Our country has no plan, no coordination with which to combat the virus and that is a direct result of his failure to lead.  Indeed, some portion of the dead in this country are directly his fault because he failed to step up when he had the chance.

But I don't wish him harm.

For one thing, I'm a Christian and I won't wish death or illness on anyone.  For the same reason I'm against the death penalty, even for the most heinous crimes.  For another, I think most Americans don't want to see their president--regardless of who it is and if they voted for them--incapacitated or dead; I certainly don't.

Having said that, there is no doubt in mind that America would be better equipped to deal with the virus going forward with a President Pence and especially with a President Biden.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1154 on: October 03, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 03:45:57 PM by YE »

America and the world would be better off without him as President.  There is no doubt about this whatsoever.  He is the single greatest threat to American democracy and his inaction and lack of concern/focus regarding this virus has left our country and the world in a complete disaster of a position.  Our country has no plan, no coordination with which to combat the virus and that is a direct result of his failure to lead.  Indeed, some portion of the dead in this country are directly his fault because he failed to step up when he had the chance.

For one thing, I'm a Christian and I won't wish death or illness on anyone.  For the same reason I'm against the death penalty, even for the most heinous crimes.  For another, I think most Americans don't want to see their president--regardless of who it is and if they voted for them--incapacitated or dead; I certainly don't.

Having said that, there is no doubt in mind that America would be better equipped to deal with the virus going forward with a President Pence and especially with a President Biden.

I have to agree with this. As much as I dislike him as a president and as dangerous as I think he is, I think Trump's death is a net loss to everyone. On the one hand, his family would be devastated, especially someone like Barron who is still very young. Many Trump supporters who are very committed to listening to him would probably be devastated as well, and may resort to violence in some extreme instances. It would likely increase political instability overall, which is a net loss to everyone.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #1155 on: October 03, 2020, 02:31:33 PM »

Redban (with SirWoodbury's recommendation):

Presumably from the same sources as the above Tweet. Even if it's more salacious to talk about this as a life-death situation, I think the more pertinent conversation to have right now is how long Trump will be out of commission as President and as a candidate.

Anonymous sources to the rescue again!!!

AP: Well, their identity got leaked, so yeah, the source is literally the White House Chief of Staff.

Redban (& SirWoodbury):

why would the chief of staff ask to go off the record?

why not make his statements publicly?

Did his chief of staff really walk over to the press and say that Trump wasn't doing well, immediately after the doc just reported something totally different?

OR

Did reporters get information hours before, but they all agreed to wait until after the doctor's conference before sharing that info, to give false image of chaos and contradictions?

I see that you’ve been blissfully unaware of how this regime has operated for four years. Very cute.
Scott the Aussie
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #1156 on: October 03, 2020, 02:31:34 PM »

Meadows definitely spoke to reporters straight after the doctors briefing. This is beyond doubt.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #1157 on: October 03, 2020, 02:31:43 PM »

Did his chief of staff really walk over to the press and say that Trump wasn't doing well, immediately after the doc just reported something totally different?

OR

Did reporters get information hours before, but they all agreed to wait until after the doctor's conference before sharing that info, to give false image of chaos and contradictions?

You do realize he's on video asking to go off the record today right? You people are so embarrassing.

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1158 on: October 03, 2020, 02:35:09 PM »

I believe off the record means you can't report what you're told. It's basically an FYI. On background means you can report it, but not reveal the identity of the source.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1159 on: October 03, 2020, 02:36:03 PM »

Attn: Redban

xavier110
United States
« Reply #1160 on: October 03, 2020, 02:39:16 PM »

I believe off the record means you can't report what you're told. It's basically an FYI. On background means you can report it, but not reveal the identity of the source.

Both parties have to agree to off the record, also. You can’t say something and go “what I said was off the record.” A lot of people don’t understand journalism.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #1161 on: October 03, 2020, 02:40:27 PM »

Video of him asking to go off the record today does not = he made the relevant comments off the record today

I truly don't have a response to this galaxy brain logic ...

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1162 on: October 03, 2020, 02:42:00 PM »

If Meadows didn't actually say that, he would have forcibly denied the report by now. It's not like some rando no-name journalist attributed the quote to him - it's the AP...
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1163 on: October 03, 2020, 02:43:36 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 03:47:20 PM by YE »

I have to agree with this. As much as I dislike him as a president and as dangerous as I think he is, I think Trump's death is a net loss to everyone. On the one hand, his family would be devastated, especially someone like Barron who is still very young. Many Trump supporters who are very committed to listening to him would probably be devastated as well, and may resort to violence in some extreme instances. It would likely increase political instability overall, which is a net loss to everyone.

It's much easier for Trump to rile up his band of unruly racists alive than from the grave.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1164 on: October 03, 2020, 02:46:39 PM »

Both parties have to agree to off the record, also. You can’t say something and go “what I said was off the record.” A lot of people don’t understand journalism.

Well there certainly seems to be an agreement in that video. Now maybe during the conversation he said something like you can report this or that, but it's clearly not a retroactive off the record.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1165 on: October 03, 2020, 02:47:25 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 03:48:35 PM by YE »

Quote from: The Trump Virus link=topic=400881.msg7621918#msg7621918 date=U1601753004 uid=41

It's much easier for Trump to rile up his band of unruly racists alive than from the grave.

What if he gets turned into a martyr?
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #1166 on: October 03, 2020, 02:49:48 PM »

The American people believe in their leadership, not their lying eyes! That's why Trump's going to win big this November 3rd!
compucomp

« Reply #1167 on: October 03, 2020, 02:51:17 PM »

OR

You do realize he's on video asking to go off the record today right? You people are so embarrassing.

Video of him asking to go off the record today does not = he made the relevant comments off the record today

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1168 on: October 03, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 03:19:40 PM by True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자) »

I saw a quote somewhere that RBG must've argued her first case before God. And she won.

This raises a lot of questions. Can Jews even go to punk-screamo Christian heaven?

Why not? After all, according to the New Testament, Jesus was basically a good Jewish boy who went into his father's business.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1169 on: October 03, 2020, 02:56:26 PM »

100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1170 on: October 03, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »

Is anyone else a little disturbed by the constant speculation about the president's condition?  I know he's the president, but he's still an American citizen with a right to medical privacy.  I think it would be good for the White House to be transparent- because this sort of speculation is as natural as it is unfortunate-, but they're under no obligation to do so.

If he's temporarily not up to his duties, he should allow Pence to be acting president, like past presidents have done due to medical issues.  What we should do is pray.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1171 on: October 03, 2020, 03:14:24 PM »

OK ....

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1312479314831523840

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1312479958967611392

https://i.imgur.com/z9xV94k.png

Last I checked, a random-ass Biden supporter ain't "the media," though nice try at convincing us you're not an intellectually dishonest, bad-faith actor Wink
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1172 on: October 03, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

To quote a former Republican senator: “what did the President know, and when did he know it?”
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #1173 on: October 03, 2020, 03:18:26 PM »

Is anyone else a little disturbed by the constant speculation about the president's condition?  I know he's the president, but he's still an American citizen with a right to medical privacy.  I think it would be good for the White House to be transparent- because this sort of speculation is as natural as it is unfortunate-, but they're under no obligation to do so.

If he's temporarily not up to his duties, he should allow Pence to be acting president, like past presidents have done due to medical issues.  What we should do is pray.

No one's forcing him to do anything. We want details because he has massive control over all our lives (which, how did 2020 not teach you that yet?). If he doesn't give them it will be a political disaster but he's free to walk into it if he wants.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1174 on: October 03, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »

All this speculation could be ended immediately if the White House would just be honest and transparent with the American people.

Give us a timeline of how the situation has progressed and details on the president's current condition.

Tell us when he got tested over the last week, and what the results were.

Even this forum's worst Trump hacks have to admit that an Obama or Biden administration would have released this information immediately.  The Trump administration continually brings this on themselves by lying, dodging, and otherwise being dishonest with the American people.

Surprise surprise, we care about the health of the president.  And even bigger surprise, when the White House refuses to give us information, and what information they do give us is contradictory or clearly false, we turn to "inside sources" and "eyewitness reports" to try to get a more honest picture.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies