Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:15:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91344 times)
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: October 03, 2020, 12:26:50 PM »

The next debate might actually turn out better for Trump this way.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1101 on: October 03, 2020, 12:28:06 PM »

Why exactly would it help make his performance better?
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1102 on: October 03, 2020, 12:29:17 PM »

What if Republicans just replaces him with Alec Baldwin?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1103 on: October 03, 2020, 12:30:09 PM »

Barr, I think, can be accurately described as the Beria of the Trump Administration

So far in this thread we have Barr=Beria and Pence=Malenkov. Any others? I'd offer Graham=Molotov. The big question would be who is Khrushchev? Kushner?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1104 on: October 03, 2020, 12:31:27 PM »

I'll need the help of PQG and other members with medical training on this.
If Trump suffers lung damage, what are the consequences?

Depends on the severity and extent of the damage (if it gets to that point, of course).  

A potential form of lung damage post-COVID is pulmonary fibrosis.  Basically, when the tissue of the lungs is damaged, it is replaced by scar tissue.  This stiff scar tissue can negatively affect the gas exchange that occurs in the alveoli, causing shortness of breath and otherwise reduced respiratory function.  It's one of the things that has me concerned about getting winded during/after exercise faster than I did pre-COVID.  

You see something similar in the heart after an infarction (scar tissue replacing damaged cardiac tissue, leading to reduced function.  It's part of the reason why multiple heart attacks can be quite detrimental, even if the individual survives the events).  
But Del Taco said this was no big deal!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1105 on: October 03, 2020, 12:34:51 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1106 on: October 03, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »

The drug treatments they are giving Trump are super random and possibly really risky.

Trump is like Elvis, taking handfuls of random, dangerous drugs as long as they are prescribed by a doctor.

But illegal drugs are bad!!! Stay in school, stay off drugs.

Who is the a****** that posted this under my screen name? Angry

Whoever you are, begone varlet. There's only one true badger on Atlas and his brockness is too mighty for you to palely imitate.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1107 on: October 03, 2020, 12:36:40 PM »

Trump definitely didn't wrote this.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1108 on: October 03, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »

I'll need the help of PQG and other members with medical training on this.
If Trump suffers lung damage, what are the consequences?

Depends on the severity and extent of the damage (if it gets to that point, of course).  

A potential form of lung damage post-COVID is pulmonary fibrosis.  Basically, when the tissue of the lungs is damaged, it is replaced by scar tissue.  This stiff scar tissue can negatively affect the gas exchange that occurs in the alveoli, causing shortness of breath and otherwise reduced respiratory function.  It's one of the things that has me concerned about getting winded during/after exercise faster than I did pre-COVID.  

You see something similar in the heart after an infarction (scar tissue replacing damaged cardiac tissue, leading to reduced function.  It's part of the reason why multiple heart attacks can be quite detrimental, even if the individual survives the events).  
But Del Taco said this was no big deal!

I've handled the bisected lung of someone who died from respiratory failure.  

Without getting too graphic, it basically looks like a sponge (little pits and holes all over).  
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1109 on: October 03, 2020, 12:38:06 PM »

I hope with all my heart he recovers and gets his ass handed to him at the polls. But I would be lying if I said that I don't feel a visceral thrill seeing this vile person experience the same fear for his life that so many people did because of his incompetence and indifference.

Brandern
« Reply #1110 on: October 03, 2020, 12:38:16 PM »

Barr, I think, can be accurately described as the Beria of the Trump Administration

So far in this thread we have Barr=Beria and Pence=Malenkov. Any others? I'd offer Graham=Molotov. The big question would be who is Khrushchev? Kushner?

That's an adroit comparison because while evil in his own way, and guilty of many things, Kushner can be likable and does care about some people.

Khrushchev was very bad because he had no choice under Stalin, but later tried to redeem himself.

Kushner and Ivanka are evil, but not Satan.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1111 on: October 03, 2020, 12:45:29 PM »

The Boris Johnson parallels continue.

Once Johnson was hospitalised, the government kept trying to downplay his condition, but within a few days were forced to confirm that he was receiving supplementary O2.

They framed it as a good sign that he didn't need to be fully ventilated, which I imagine will be the Press Secretary's spin for Trump by tomorrow morning.

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1112 on: October 03, 2020, 12:46:28 PM »

So, the White House's timeline makes no sense.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1113 on: October 03, 2020, 12:53:03 PM »

Once Johnson was hospitalised, the government kept trying to downplay his condition, but within a few days were forced to confirm that he was receiving supplementary O2.

They framed it as a good sign that he didn't need to be fully ventilated, which I imagine will be the Press Secretary's spin for Trump by tomorrow morning.

Johnson got a poll bump :/
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1114 on: October 03, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »

Clearly the White House is lying. Which wouldn't be a surprise since that is how they've operated daily since Trump took office.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1115 on: October 03, 2020, 12:54:31 PM »

No he didn’t.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1116 on: October 03, 2020, 12:54:53 PM »

Well, he didn't really.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1117 on: October 03, 2020, 12:58:09 PM »

Johnson didn't politicize the virus and isn't as viscerally hated by 40% of the country like Trump is. He also didn't recklessly endanger his staff and donors.

There's no way Trump gets any bump here. Stop dooming.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1118 on: October 03, 2020, 12:58:27 PM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1119 on: October 03, 2020, 12:59:00 PM »

Did you literally ignore the article that was posted several times? Johnson got a bump because the government passed a generous benefits package at the time, paying full wages and such not to mention he didn't spend his entire time claiming the virus was a hoax.
BidenHarris2020

« Reply #1120 on: October 03, 2020, 01:01:13 PM »

This is damning.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1121 on: October 03, 2020, 01:01:42 PM »

Did you literally ignore the article that was posted several times? Johnson got a bump because the government passed a generous benefits package at the time, paying full wages and such not to mention he didn't spend his entire time claiming the virus was a hoax.

I cannot believe I'm siding with Hammy, but I'm siding with Hammy. Boris Johnson is a f**king goddamn moron, but even he handled the virus better than Trump has done and he got a bump on the grounds of that. Trump is on his own.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1122 on: October 03, 2020, 01:01:44 PM »

Johnson's poll bump was already happening before he got ill, and was mostly personal. His party on the other hand have been losing ground since May, now down to a tie in most polls.

The stimulus cash kept their popularity afloat, but as that ran out, so did the public's goodwill.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #1123 on: October 03, 2020, 01:03:57 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 01:07:52 PM by BlueSwan »

I really hope they keep pushing for when Trump had that first positive test. If it was before the fundraiser wednesday, then he really ought to be completely toast.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #1124 on: October 03, 2020, 01:04:39 PM »

This is damning.

It is. If this is true it explains why he never took the test before the debate. They knew he would test positive.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies