Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:14:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91478 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: October 02, 2020, 11:55:46 PM »
« edited: October 02, 2020, 11:59:16 PM by TiltsAreUnderrated »

I’m glad to see y’all care about correcting my spelling more than human lives.  Always been a classy bunch here.

Your and you’re are commonly mixed up. Just trying to help.   Wink
Haha thanks.  I’m on my phone typing very fast so I’m not exactly focused on my grammar/spelling.

Notice how you haven’t responded to the points that it’s their fault the virus got so bad?
I don’t need to.  I’m came in here to condemn people celebrating/cheering on others who now have life threatening illness. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

And I'm here because I think there's nothing wrong with enjoying karmatic justice especially after four years of Trump tearing apart our country and ruining lives with absolutely no consequences.. It's his own damn fault!

Karmic justice isn't real but gives some of us an excuse to surrender to sadism and others a blanket beneath which to hide from the endurance of some pretty stark injustices which can only be fixed through active efforts.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #901 on: October 02, 2020, 11:56:56 PM »

You're never going to get Buzz to understand. You're also probably younger than they are. That's all it takes.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #902 on: October 02, 2020, 11:58:14 PM »

Is that John Roberts at the Rose Garden event?

Might be John Boozman.  They have a similar look from the side.

That's interesting to know. If so, that would mean another U.S. Senator could potentially be at risk from it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #903 on: October 02, 2020, 11:58:50 PM »

‘God-tier genetics’: A stunned MAGA world offers blame, adulation after Trump’s diagnosis

“You’ve never seen him sick. You’ve never seen him without energy,” Brenden Dilley, a self-described “MAGA life coach,” told his viewers on his radio show Friday. “[He’s] not walking around with weak-ass, p---- f------ genetics. He ain’t got those liberal genes. These are, like, god-tier genetics; top 1-percentile genetics.

Wishful thinking abounded, as well: Dr. David Samadi, a urologist and commentator for Fox News and the conservative Newsmax outlet, set the goal posts by pointing out that while Covid-19 patients over the age of 70 had a 94.6 percent recovery rate, patients ages 24 to 49 had a 99.8 percent recovery rate. “I would put POTUS in the 20-49 category due to his strength and stamina,” he tweeted.

“Does anyone else find it odd that no prominent Democrats have had the virus but the list of Republicans goes on and on?” tweeted DeAnna Lorraine, a former congressional candidate who has backed baseless theories from the QAnon conspiracy movement, going on to blast masks as a Democrat-backed lie and questioning whether China had technically made an “assassination attempt” on the first family.

...according to various QAnon theorists, Trump had left a secret message to his followers in his announcement on Twitter that he had tested positive for Covid-19. Some suggested that his use of the word “together” was, in fact, code for “to get her,” a reference to attacks on his 2016 rival, Hillary Clinton. Others thought Trump’s quarantining was part of a broader plan to isolate the president from potential violence associated with the upcoming election.

What the holy hells?

They are desperate.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #904 on: October 02, 2020, 11:59:35 PM »

When this is done, I wonder what the fallout will be. This is one hell of a superspreader.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #905 on: October 03, 2020, 12:01:03 AM »

I’m glad to see y’all care about correcting my spelling more than human lives.  Always been a classy bunch here.
Years and years of hateful, vindictive rhetoric have led us to this point. This is no time to shed tears for someone who is reaping what they have sown.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #906 on: October 03, 2020, 12:01:53 AM »

It's more about people reaping what they sow, ya know?

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #907 on: October 03, 2020, 12:02:01 AM »

The drug treatments they are giving Trump are super random and possibly really risky.

With Trump being an obese guy who lives on the diet of a 6th grader mostly involving fast food.

My God, he actually might die
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #908 on: October 03, 2020, 12:02:50 AM »

I’m glad to see y’all care about correcting my spelling than human lives.  Always been a classy bunch here.

If you can't handle the heat, Facebook and YouTube comments are that way. -------->
I’m a Republican posting on a forum with nothing but Democrats.  I think I handle the ignorance.

Why not? You've been immersed in it for approximately four years.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #909 on: October 03, 2020, 12:03:14 AM »

The drug treatments they are giving Trump are super random and possibly really risky.

With Trump being an obese guy who lives on the diet of a 6th grader mostly involving fast food.

Being a lifelong teetotaller helps.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #910 on: October 03, 2020, 12:03:37 AM »

I’m glad to see y’all care about correcting my spelling than human lives.  Always been a classy bunch here.

If you can't handle the heat, Facebook and YouTube comments are that way. -------->
I’m a Republican posting on a forum with nothing but Democrats.  I think I handle the ignorance.

Why not? You've been immersed in it for approximately four years.

It probably gets more insufferable closer to presidential elections.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #911 on: October 03, 2020, 12:04:41 AM »

There's something incredibly poetic about a bunch of people who've spent years trying to kill the ACA voluntarily giving themselves a virus that will make them uninsurable in a deregulated insurance market with no protections for preexisting conditions.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #912 on: October 03, 2020, 12:04:43 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2020, 12:08:08 AM by Antifacist Ghost of Ruin »

Your and you’re are commonly mixed up. Just trying to help.   Wink
Haha thanks.  I’m on my phone typing very fast so I’m not exactly focused on my grammar/spelling.

Notice how you haven’t responded to the points that it’s their fault the virus got so bad?
I don’t need to.  I’m came in here to condemn people celebrating/cheering on others who now have life threatening illness. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

No one is celebrating or cheering anything.

They're simply pointing out that actions have consequences.

You're a Republican—shouldn't you believe in personal responsibility and being accountable for the consequences of your decisions?
yes people should always be accountable for their own poor choices.  That’s doesn’t mean celebrate that they have contracted a life threatening illness.  And YES there are definitely morons in this thread celebrating.

The people who contracted a life-threatening illness appear to have done so... while at an event celebrating the death of RBG. So there's a certain note of poetic justice to the whole situation. (Or if you prefer, an example of how evil often sows the seeds of its own demise.)

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #913 on: October 03, 2020, 12:05:56 AM »

When this is done, I wonder what the fallout will be. This is one hell of a superspreader.

Queue Black Lives Matter street demonstrations were the ones who "spread the disease"...

Real winner here is once again Russia...

Putin looks like a "strong man" by not contracting the disease...

Meanwhile Trump looks "weak" bcs he got the disease...

Putin is meanwhile working on attempting to resurrect the old Russian Empire...

America Weak = Russian Strong especially within the context of Central and Western Europe in the post Cold War Era...

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #914 on: October 03, 2020, 12:06:53 AM »

Um, if by life-long you mean he largely stopped doing cocaine sometime after the 90s......
oraclebones
Rookie
« Reply #915 on: October 03, 2020, 12:08:22 AM »

Is that John Roberts at the Rose Garden event?

I pray to God that Roberts didn't contract it-although that is a likelihood at this point. That would be a disaster if the Chief Justice of the United States also caught it-and especially at this juncture.

This isn't John Roberts.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #916 on: October 03, 2020, 12:08:55 AM »

It's terrifying how irresponsible this administration was. That Rose Garden event will go down in history as one of the most apocalyptically irresponsible decisions in the history of the US presidency. If this doesn't illustrate how important it is to take this virus seriously, then nothing will.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #917 on: October 03, 2020, 12:09:45 AM »

Um, if by life-long you mean he largely stopped doing cocaine sometime after the 90s......

Cocaine speculation is yawn to me. Everyone acts like such an expert on it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #918 on: October 03, 2020, 12:11:13 AM »

There isnt much "speculation" About It by all accounts.

That said, from a health perspective he is reportedly been clean more than long enough that likely have little-to-no present debilitating effects.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #919 on: October 03, 2020, 12:13:35 AM »

Expert here. Watch Donald Trump Jr. On CBS post-debate.
Splash
United States

« Reply #920 on: October 03, 2020, 12:17:25 AM »

Just to clarify the last bit, the eleven staffers tested positive before the debate and were denied entrance to the debate hall as a result. Just didn't want folks to think that those individuals were actually in the auditorium Tuesday night.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #921 on: October 03, 2020, 12:20:02 AM »

After getting infected with COVID and suffering from the symptoms, will President Trump realize that he was wrong for downplaying COVID and start to handle the pandemic more seriously?

Donald Trump will come away from his encounter with COVID either dead or convinced he's Superman and  unfairly crippled by Lex Luthor's kryptonite.  Either way, he's not going to start caring about other people.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #922 on: October 03, 2020, 12:25:57 AM »

LOL,  yeah no
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States