Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:10:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91460 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2020, 09:02:42 AM »

This is one of those times where life kinda feels like a TV show. Trump could have caught it at any point from April to now but specifically getting in October just feels like a late season plot development. I know I sound silly.

No, the writers really have gotten lazy this season.

I love that meme so much, particularly when it applies to something totally niche (like two pollsters arguing about methodology). 
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »

Weirdest f-ing year I’ve lived. I was born in 1987 and turn 33 in 2 weeks.

I thought at the time that 9/11 would be the worst even of my life. 2020 has proved that wrong.

My aunt on my dad's side said that this year beats 1968 as the worst year of her life (she was twelve at the time).  And that was the year of Kent State, Robert Kennedy and MLK being assassinated, the violence outside of the DNC in Chicago, etc. etc.  
COVID-19 has been terrible for my mental health, so i agree that this year was terrible, although personally 2019 was even worser, despite making personal progress. I haven't had a lot of good years in my life. It's sad.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2020, 09:07:28 AM »

This is one of those times where life kinda feels like a TV show. Trump could have caught it at any point from April to now but specifically getting in October just feels like a late season plot development. I know I sound silly.

I love that meme so much, particularly when it applies to something totally niche (like two pollsters arguing about methodology). 
What is the origin of that meme? Haven't seen it before.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2020, 09:10:35 AM »

SNIPPY-SNIP

It's from an American TV show called American Chopper, which followed a custom bike shop in Cali.  One of the biggest draws was the angry exchanges between Paul Teutel Sr. and his son, Paul Teutel Jr.  It aired on the Discovery Channel during that late 2000's shift where the channel stopped being about science and started including more reality TV elements. 

In this particular instance, Teutel Sr. is sick of Teutel Jr. showing up late for work and ends up firing him.  Yelling, chairs being thrown, yadda yadda.  

While reality TV is always played up, apparently the firing was the real deal (or at least as real as reality TV goes) and Teutel Jr. started his own rival company to his father's.  

https://youtu.be/3y0bQYDA9Vw

(Not to detail the thread, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)
limac333
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: -4.87

« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2020, 09:11:48 AM »

There was a reality show on television called American Chopper about a father and son who built custom motorcycles. They argued a lot. This was the final argument that led to them not working together anymore.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2020, 09:16:14 AM »

ACB doesn't have it:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-coronavirus-positive-amy-coney-barrett-supreme-court-nominee-b747152.html
limac333
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: -4.87

« Reply #357 on: October 02, 2020, 09:18:05 AM »

SNIPPY-SNIP

It's from an American TV show called American Chopper, which followed a custom bike shop in Cali.  One of the biggest draws was the angry exchanges between Paul Teutel Sr. and his son, Paul Teutel Jr.  It aired on the Discovery Channel during that late 2000's shift where the channel stopped being about science and started including more reality TV elements. 

In this particular instance, Teutel Sr. is sick of Teutel Jr. showing up late for work and ends up firing him.  Yelling, chairs being thrown, yadda yadda. 

While reality TV is always played up, apparently the firing was the real deal (or at least as real as reality TV goes) and Teutel Jr. started his own rival company to his father's. 

https://youtu.be/3y0bQYDA9Vw

(Not to detail the thread, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Only slight correction is the shop is in New York, not California.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #358 on: October 02, 2020, 09:21:00 AM »

On a similar note, the tracing process is pretty fascinating.  

My roommate was contacted by a tracer after unknowingly travelling through PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, and part of MT while infected.  They basically reviewed all of the stops she made along the way (convenience stores/gas stations, supermarkets, the hotel she stayed at, etc.) and got in touch with employees who may have been exposed.  
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #359 on: October 02, 2020, 09:23:14 AM »

My roommate was contacted by a tracer after unknowingly travelling through PA, OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND, and part of MT while infected.  They basically reviewed all of the stops she made along the way (convenience stores/gas stations, supermarkets, the hotel she stayed at, etc.) and got in touch with employees who may have been exposed.  

How'd they do that, cell tower data?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #360 on: October 02, 2020, 09:23:31 AM »

It was the same after my husband died, The tracers contacted everyone he came within a few feet of.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #361 on: October 02, 2020, 09:23:39 AM »

I thought at the time that 9/11 would be the worst even of my life. 2020 has proved that wrong.

Definitely the worst year of mine.  I’m not much older than you at 37.

My emotions have ranged all over the place.  It’s very easy to get depressed with this stuff around, and especially having so many people not taking it seriously.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: October 02, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »

How'd they do that, cell tower data?

*Correction: they did look into where she stopped through her phone and GPS data (not sure how that works on a technological basis).  

But much of it came down to: "alright, where do you remember stopping on your way from Pennsylvania to Montana?  Do you have any receipts?" So on and so forth.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #363 on: October 02, 2020, 09:27:16 AM »

Apparently, he's beginning to show symptoms. The scary thing is, this disease can turn on a dime. You can have mild symptoms one day and the next you're struggling to breathe. It isn't good for Trump considering he's 74 years old and overweight.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: October 02, 2020, 09:33:40 AM »

What about Barron Trump.
Should he not be tested?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #365 on: October 02, 2020, 09:34:53 AM »

What about Barron Trump.
Should he not be tested?

Already happened. He's negative.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/10/02/barron-trump-tests-negative-covid-19-trump-melania-quarantine/5892879002/
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #366 on: October 02, 2020, 09:35:06 AM »

What about Barron Trump.
Should he not be tested?

I’d imagine the testing it pretty extensive right now. Probably everyone in the WH, everyone ok his staff, all close family, etc.

Then again, his team didn’t even notify Biden about being exposed so who knows?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #367 on: October 02, 2020, 09:39:20 AM »

All I want his news that Biden is negative. I pray for that.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #368 on: October 02, 2020, 09:40:37 AM »

Definitely the worst year of mine.  I’m not much older than you at 37.

My emotions have ranged all over the place.  It’s very easy to get depressed with this stuff around, and especially having so many people not taking it seriously.

l'm 22 (so a decade or more younger than the two of you), but this has been the most volatile year of my life yet, in terms of what has happened in the world (although 2009, the year of my mother's death, still beats this as the worst year of my life personally). If 2020 is any indication as to what the remainder of the 21st century will look like, then we are in for decades of turmoil.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #369 on: October 02, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #370 on: October 02, 2020, 10:17:05 AM »

Meadows confirms the White House knew Hicks was positive before POTUS traveled

Pressed by CNN’s Joe Johns on the timing of when the White House learned Hope Hicks had tested positive, White House chief of staff Mark Meadows conceded that people knew of her positive diagnosis before Marine One took off for New Jersey on Thursday afternoon for a fundraiser.

Some staffers, he said, were pulled from Marine One, raising further questions about why the trip proceeded, the President coming into contact with numerous supporters at his Bedminster club.

"I’m not going to get into the tick tock. I can tell you, in terms of Hope Hicks, we discovered that right as the Marine One was taking off yesterday," Meadows said. "We actually pulled some of the people that have been traveling and in close contact. The reason why it was reported out, just frankly, is that we had already started to contact tracing just prior to that event,” he said.

[...]

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-coronavirus-positive/h_9bd83ec9acb7ed5a719cdd401aba5617
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #371 on: October 02, 2020, 10:17:27 AM »

Well that is good to hear.
But he is going to need to stay away from his parents.
Maybe he should move-out temporarily.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #372 on: October 02, 2020, 10:18:24 AM »
« Edited: October 02, 2020, 10:22:51 AM by redjohn »

I had a family member in my house test positive and had somewhat close contact with them and never got it. It's very possible to avoid catching it even when you live with people who have it.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2020, 10:19:02 AM »

Usually you don't experience symptoms until a week after exposure.

If Trump has only had it for 48 hours or so, and he's already experiencing symptoms, then it's probably gonna be bad.

We need some Biden test results ASAP.  I'm hopeful, because Pence doesn't have it.  But Biden was up there 6-12 feet away from Trump with Trump screaming and spitting in an enclosed space all night long.

That said, from a few of the camera angles of the set it looks like there was a pretty high ceiling above them -- they did in the atrium of a building that went up 4 or 5 stories.  Maybe there was sufficient ventilation to save Biden.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2020, 10:19:27 AM »

Meadows confirms the White House knew Hicks was positive before POTUS traveled

When? "Before POTUS traveled" to where?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies