Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:57:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 91336 times)
Stockdale for Veep

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2020, 01:13:37 AM »

It's the final stretch of the campaign and Joe Biden is spending all of October reading In Search of Lost Time in his basement?!?!?!?

Still wins by 8.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #251 on: October 02, 2020, 01:14:39 AM »

If Trump dies, what are the chances that a sizable portion of his base writes in Trump instead of voting for Pence because they think that his death is a deep state hoax and he was actually betrayed by Mike Pence, a secret deep state agent, and thrown into a secret, max-security prison

Not many at all.

Trump dying/resigning/dropping out would be terrible news for Democrats. Pence is MUCH more tolerable to moderates simply because he is not Trump.

I think Biden would still beat him because of partisanship and because people have already started voting, but Pence would perform much better than Trump.

Of course, if Trump stays in the race then Biden wins in a landslide.
new_patomic

« Reply #252 on: October 02, 2020, 01:14:53 AM »

We can't even be sure that Hope Hicks is the origin point here.

It could just as easily be someone else they've all been in contact with.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2020, 01:19:15 AM »

We can't even be sure that Hope Hicks is the index patient.

It could just as easily be someone else they've all been in contact with.

I said that!

I think this is much more likely because it takes several days, according to most experts, after contracting the virus to test positive for it.  If Trump got the virus from Hicks yesterday, he most likely wouldn't have tested positive for a few days.

Most experts also believe that when a person is presymptomatic and test negative for the virus, that they can't spread it.

Therefore, the most likely thing is they got the virus at the same event.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #254 on: October 02, 2020, 01:20:58 AM »

Holy sht! There we have it, the October Surprise. Maybe the October Surprise of October Surprises.

Everyone knowing me knows how much I detest Mr. Trump for obvious and countless reasons, but I don't wish him bad. Hope he recovers and goes on to lose the election in a landslide.

I'm really not so sure he might get a sympathy bump. Either way, if he dies, Pence will get one and appear presidential. If Trump recovers quickly, he'll look strong. Maybe I'm too concerned, but I have my doubts this helps Biden. He's most likely still gets elected, but overall it's bad news either way.

This is why you are getting a lot of worry here among us Biden fans.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2020, 01:24:13 AM »

karma is one broad you can’t pay off
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2020, 01:24:28 AM »

I guess the hydroxychloroquine (sp?) didn't help.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2020, 01:26:08 AM »

Amy Coney Barrett met with Trump yesterday. There's a decent chance that she also contracted COVID-19. Republicans might not be able to ram her in before the election. She now has to go into quarantine for 14 days no matter if she has it or not.
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2020, 01:28:02 AM »

If Trump dies, what are the chances that a sizable portion of his base writes in Trump instead of voting for Pence because they think that his death is a deep state hoax and he was actually betrayed by Mike Pence, a secret deep state agent, and thrown into a secret, max-security prison

Not many at all.

Trump dying/resigning/dropping out would be terrible news for Democrats. Pence is MUCH more tolerable to moderates simply because he is not Trump.

I think Biden would still beat him because of partisanship and because people have already started voting, but Pence would perform much better than Trump.

Of course, if Trump stays in the race then Biden wins in a landslide.

Moderates in the suburbs are well known for being in favor of evangelical anti-LGBT politicians that promote culture war nonsense in 2020
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:15 AM »

I'm seeing zero of the alleged sympathy voters for Trump across all social media platforms.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #260 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:15 AM »

Amy Coney Barrett met with Trump yesterday. There's a decent chance that she also contracted COVID-19. Republicans might not be able to ram her in before the election. She now has to go into quarantine for 14 days no matter if she has it or not.

holy sh*t

I'd like to see this corroborated but, as they say, big if true.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #261 on: October 02, 2020, 01:33:36 AM »

this year has been a madhouse and this election will be no exception
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #262 on: October 02, 2020, 01:33:58 AM »

I think they have to vote for Trump. People are already voting. The electors are allowed to vote for Pence for Pres and an RNC choice for VP if Trump dies.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #263 on: October 02, 2020, 01:34:41 AM »

And Barrett met with several Republican Senators, so all of them might have contracted the virus as well, to say nothing of their colleagues on the other side of the aisle, staffers, etc. We could be seeing a wave of diagnoses among prominent political figures in upcoming days and weeks.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #264 on: October 02, 2020, 01:50:53 AM »

Couldn't ACB testify remotely? The Senators are a different story because remote voting isn't allowed (yet!).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #265 on: October 02, 2020, 01:51:03 AM »

And Barrett met with several Republican Senators, so all of them might have contracted the virus as well, to say nothing of their colleagues on the other side of the aisle, staffers, etc. We could be seeing a wave of diagnoses among prominent political figures in upcoming days and weeks.

And adding to this, the announcement ceremony for Barrett's nomination at the White House was criticized by some in the media for the lack of masks worn by those in attendance-and that ceremony was a week ago, which would be well within the framework for one to become symptomatic from the virus. Given that it's been speculated that the Trumps and Hicks may have gotten the virus from the same event, it could have been that event. Moreover, I didn't see Barrett or the Senators she met wearing masks in their meetings-at least, not what the media showed of them.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #266 on: October 02, 2020, 01:51:16 AM »

Wait a minute... some people think that Trump will win because of this? That has to be one of the worst takes I’ve seen on this site, and that’s saying something.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2020, 02:04:19 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2020, 02:04:28 AM »

Wait a minute... some people think that Trump will win because of this? That has to be one of the worst takes I’ve seen on this site, and that’s saying something.

You would expect this with a normal prez. I'm sure if something like this heppened to Obama or W, they approvals would have skyrocketed for a period of time. If Trump survives, he'll point out how strong he is and the virus not that bad.

If he dies, Pence will definitely get sympathy votes. He'll appear presidential and stable compared to Trump.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #269 on: October 02, 2020, 02:06:46 AM »

Norm Ornstein was at the debate and he says that every member of the audience was tested for COVID that morning, was isolated while waiting the results, and was given afterwards a special wristband to allow them entrance into the debate room.
I find it hard to believe that the same protocol wasn't followed for Trump, Biden, and their entourages.
Arizona Iced Pee
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2020, 02:54:41 AM »

Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2020, 03:15:01 AM »

Norm Ornstein was at the debate and he says that every member of the audience was tested for COVID that morning, was isolated while waiting the results, and was given afterwards a special wristband to allow them entrance into the debate room.
I find it hard to believe that the same protocol wasn't followed for Trump, Biden, and their entourages.

Would this make it likely he contracted it after the debate?
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2020, 03:16:49 AM »

Would this make it likely he contracted it after the debate?
Unlikely, it takes a few days being infected to have a high enough viral load for tests to come back positive.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2020, 03:17:11 AM »

This is definitely the best message for Biden to hammer from now until the election: “You said you were going to keep us all safe. You said you had it under control. You said it was going away. But you couldn’t even protect yourself!”
Arizona Iced Pee
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2020, 03:17:53 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies