Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 09:55:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)
« previous next »
Thread note
If anyone here explicitly wishes for the death of the president and/or others, please report said content in case myself or other moderators are not around at the time.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86
Author Topic: Trump Has COVID megathread (update 10/24: 2 Pence staffers test positive)  (Read 90612 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: October 09, 2020, 02:23:50 PM »

The only "cure" he has is the one in his head. It's the same nonsense as when he says "A very rich friend of mine says..." or "a lot of people think I have done a great job". These friends and "many people" is in fact just one person: He himself, in his imagination. This guy is living a parallel universe and has been doing so for quite some time. He's totally detached from reality. And the fact he's now literally on multiple drugs with known sideeffects doesn't make things any better.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #2076 on: October 09, 2020, 02:24:00 PM »

Trump planning to host 1st in-person event since diagnosis at White House on Saturday: Sources

President Donald Trump is scheduled to host his first in-person event since testing positive for the coronavirus on Saturday at the White House discussing "law and order," despite evidence of a growing coronavirus outbreak at the White House this week.

The event will feature "remarks to peaceful protesters for law and order" by the president, according to an invite obtained by ABC News and confirmed by two White House sources familiar with the planning.

The gathering is scheduled to take place on the South Lawn of the White House in conjunction with a previously planned event organized by controversial conservative activist Candace Owens' group Blexit, a campaign to urge Black Americans to leave the Democratic Party, sources said.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-planning-host-1st-person-event-diagnosis-white/story?id=73512644

For crying out loud.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2077 on: October 09, 2020, 03:05:16 PM »

Let him have it. If he gets sicker, he gets sicker and if he ends like Herman Cain, then he does.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2078 on: October 09, 2020, 03:13:46 PM »

Let him have it. If he gets sicker, he gets sicker and if he ends like Herman Cain, then he does.

It is what it is.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2079 on: October 09, 2020, 03:19:34 PM »

In which the President curses live on the radio on the Rush Limbaugh show. Hoping the FCC hears this and goes after Limbaugh for allowing this kind of filth on the public airwaves.
Coastal_Elite
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -7.48

P P
« Reply #2080 on: October 09, 2020, 03:38:25 PM »

In which the President curses live on the radio on the Rush Limbaugh show. Hoping the FCC hears this and goes after Limbaugh for allowing this kind of filth on the public airwaves.

I already filed a complaint.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2081 on: October 09, 2020, 03:44:26 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2082 on: October 09, 2020, 03:46:05 PM »

Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2083 on: October 09, 2020, 03:49:30 PM »

Weird thought: does Trump have the power to overrule an FCC decision? Not that it will matter, since the Reece's coffee mug guy is in Trump's pocket, anyway.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2084 on: October 09, 2020, 03:51:07 PM »

Weird thought: does Trump have the power to overrule an FCC decision? Not that it will matter, since the Reece's coffee mug guy is in Trump's pocket, anyway.

No, they're an independent agency & - beyond nomination/confirmation - are insulated from presidential authority.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #2085 on: October 09, 2020, 03:56:01 PM »

No, they're an independent agency & - beyond nomination/confirmation - are insulated from presidential authority.

Ajit Pai was appointed by Trump and confirmed in the Senate. So while Trump can't issue him orders, it's still a political appointment.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2086 on: October 09, 2020, 03:58:19 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2020, 04:06:25 PM by brucejoel99 »

Ajit Pai was appointed by Trump and confirmed in the Senate. So while Trump can't issue him orders, it's still a political appointment.

Yes, hence "beyond nomination/confirmation."
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2087 on: October 09, 2020, 04:12:01 PM »

Trump might not be doing those events after all.

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #2088 on: October 09, 2020, 04:27:15 PM »

Could the next October Surprise be Trump relapsing and his condition becomes dire?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2089 on: October 09, 2020, 04:27:44 PM »

He was appointed by Obama.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2090 on: October 09, 2020, 04:30:23 PM »

Could the next October Surprise be Trump relapsing and his condition becomes dire?

Given what we know about the lingering effects of COVID, I think there's a very real possibility of Trump relapsing if he pushes himself too hard.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2091 on: October 09, 2020, 04:38:01 PM »

George W. Bush transferred his powers to Cheney when he went under for a colonoscopy. This maniac won't transfer his powers to Pence when he's out of his mind on psychoactive drugs. My mom is currently on a much, much weaker steroid for a non-COVID inflammatory illness and yesterday she spent an hour and a half breaking dishes and screaming at the cat.

My father, who is a physician, told me that if he prescribes a comparable corticosteroid to a patient of Trump's age, he typically advises them to avoid driving themselves and avoid making any major financial/personal decisions until they've fully tapered off it.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2092 on: October 09, 2020, 04:41:31 PM »

randomusername

« Reply #2093 on: October 09, 2020, 05:07:24 PM »

He was appointed by Obama.

He was appointed by Obama to be a member of the FCC. Obama followed tradition of maintaining partisan balance in the FCC and followed McConnell's suggestion. However, Trump renominated Pai after his 5 year team originally expired and was named the FCC chair by Trump.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #2094 on: October 09, 2020, 05:24:16 PM »

I wish. President Donald Trump needs to wither away and crawl back into the swamp in which he came from. Unfortunately, he is on track for a landslide re-election, however.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2095 on: October 09, 2020, 05:30:24 PM »

Given what we know about the lingering effects of COVID, I think there's a very real possibility of Trump relapsing if he pushes himself too hard.

That's silly, GM.  What lingering effects of COVID?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2096 on: October 09, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »

It is what it is.

I really don't care, do u?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2097 on: October 09, 2020, 05:42:46 PM »

That's silly, GM.  What lingering effects of COVID?

Among other things, there seems to be an increased tendency toward sarcasm. Wink
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2098 on: October 09, 2020, 05:43:32 PM »

I wish. President Donald Trump needs to wither away and crawl back into the swamp in which he came from. Unfortunately, he is on track for a landslide re-election, however.

Biden just hit a double digit lead in 538’s polling average
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2099 on: October 09, 2020, 05:46:43 PM »

Losing by 10% is a landslide re election?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies