Survey USA 50 State Govenor's Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:50:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Survey USA 50 State Govenor's Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Survey USA 50 State Govenor's Poll  (Read 3977 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2006, 02:57:20 AM »

Survey USA is out with their new Govenor's pol for MAy

top 5
Hoeven
Manchin
Huntsman
Rell
Lynch

Bottom 5
Blunt
Blanco
Fletcher
Murkowski
Taft

Murkowski is down to 23%  getting close to that under 20% plateau

Perrys #'s are pretty poor 40-54, but he is safe
Arnold is still in the mid 30's at 36%
Corzine still struggling at 36%
Pataki after pushing his way back up a bit, has crashed back to 37%
Gregorie continues to improve 50%-44%
Rendell surges, 62%-36%

http://surveyusa.com/50State2006/50StateGov060518Approval.htm

Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 03:37:38 AM »

Initial remarks:

- Sonny Perdue is sure looking good.
- Rendell - woah.  What did he do?
- New Jersey voters sure like to be undecided on everything.
- Christine Gregoire looking much better.  I think some Govs slipped into the negatives.
- Wow.  Frank Murkowski is sure making a run for Bob Taft!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 03:46:45 AM »

Ed Rendell over 60%?

Either both this and the 22-point lead for Rendell are wrong, or something odd is happening in Pennsylvania that I was unaware of.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 03:51:02 AM »
« Edited: May 19, 2006, 03:58:19 AM by jfern »

Arnold's still in trouble with a 36-61 rating. He appears to have fooled some gullible Democrats with his antics to pretend to be a moderate until the election. When will these people learn?

Bush states just seem to approve more of their governors for some reason (Obviously there are exceptions like Alaska, Ohio, and Kentucky).

Rell is no longer most popular.  South Dakota seems to be filled with morons who are now approving more of their pro-rapist governor.

Probably winning an award for sudden swing is Pataki, who just cratered to 37-56 from 46-48. Edit:Rendell has an impressive swing the other direction. The 9/11 effect is that New Yorkers have woken up to the fact that Bush's incompetance is why they were attacked.  Pataki just went from 57-40 to 41-56 with Republicans. Someone should give him a medal for being an upstate NY Republican with a 61% disapproval rating in upstate NY.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 11:59:56 AM »

We should probably expect some wild swings in certain groups. Baldacci remains pretty disapproved of while Blagojevich is now looking fairly decent. Erlich doesn't look too good either.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 12:29:16 PM »

Ehrlich's in bad shape.  Must be the BGE rate increase.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 12:58:59 PM »

Well, I doubt very much that Kathleen Blanco deserves re-election. I just hope a more able Democrat defeats her in the primary should she seek another term. I often think former Senator John Breaux retired before his time

Dave
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 01:05:09 PM »

We should probably expect some wild swings in certain groups. Baldacci remains pretty disapproved of while Blagojevich is now looking fairly decent. Erlich doesn't look too good either.

Blagojevich invested in a month-long, multimillion-dollar ad campaign and went from -2% to -6% net disapproval.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »

And Doyle has come down again and it will likely slip a little more to what it was before. As I said it was probably just a blip that very high approval rating. Still, it's good to see him having a high disaproval rating.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 02:05:45 PM »

I'm glad to see that Christine Gregoire is making progress, and finally has approval ratings that have hit 50%.  I suspect, however, that all this makes little to no difference in her match-ups against Dino Rossi, however....  Tongue
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 02:23:38 PM »

Granholm at 43%. Bad but not as bad as the 30's she was in a while ago.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 03:06:38 PM »

Ed Rendell over 60%?

Either both this and the 22-point lead for Rendell are wrong, or something odd is happening in Pennsylvania that I was unaware of.

You know, Ive actually felt a big difference in Rendell's approval around here too. I think it may have something to do with the major Dem victory on Primary day (or as Jublirer said 'the Democratic Earthquake') and a shift in issues. A few days ago Ed opened up the first Ethanol laced gas station, part of his initiative to pass ethanol laws, also the property tax issue has quieted quite a bit, and he started running ads now too. HOwever he did, I dont think these polls are flukes.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:10:23 PM »

Bush states just seem to approve more of their governors for some reason (Obviously there are exceptions like Alaska, Ohio, and Kentucky).

and Louisiana and Missouri...

I think Bush states are less liekly to approve of their governors since they are usually Republican.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »

I think Bush states are less liekly to approve of their governors since they are usually Republican.

A quick perusal of the red versus blue in the list of approval ratings sorted by net approval doesn't really support that theory.  There's a lot more red near the top than there is at the bottom, and vice versa for blue.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »

What is the deal with Bredesen?  Surely the TN voters cannot be this fickle routinely.
(He's down at 51-44 from 56-38 a month ago.)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 03:36:36 PM »

What is the deal with Bredesen?  Surely the TN voters cannot be this fickle routinely.

Oddly enough, that dip is, in part, because Democrats now disapprove of Bredesen.  Republicans still approve.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 04:15:22 PM »

What is the deal with Bredesen?  Surely the TN voters cannot be this fickle routinely.

Oddly enough, that dip is, in part, because Democrats now disapprove of Bredesen.  Republicans still approve.

Sounds like a DINO to me.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 04:48:06 PM »

Ed Rendell over 60%?

You know, Ive actually felt a big difference in Rendell's approval around here too. I think it may have something to do with the major Dem victory on Primary day (or as Jublirer said 'the Democratic Earthquake') and a shift in issues. A few days ago Ed opened up the first Ethanol laced gas station, part of his initiative to pass ethanol laws, also the property tax issue has quieted quite a bit, and he started running ads now too. HOwever he did, I dont think these polls are flukes.

The 62% approval and 22 point lead might be a little bit of a stretch, would like to see one more poll showing something similar.  However their is no question rendell has improvem himself and is in VERY Strong position right now, and is on the verge if not already of putting this race in the bag.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 06:13:20 PM »

Rendell's numbers are due to the composition of the polling group. Internals say they polled 50% Democrats, 35% Republicans, and 12% Independents. That's up from 41-34-22 in March and 45-31-23 in April. Indeed, the whole last few months are showing the Democrats as being way over polled in comparison to Independents.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

Rendell's numbers are due to the composition of the polling group. Internals say they polled 50% Democrats, 35% Republicans, and 12% Independents. That's up from 41-34-22 in March and 45-31-23 in April. Indeed, the whole last few months are showing the Democrats as being way over polled in comparison to Independents.

If you look at the snapshot of Democrats, their approval is substantially up, as is the approval of the Independents.  The Republicans disapproved less than they had before.

Even if the composition had been correct (assuming that it's not), it seems to me that his approval would still have gone up quite a bit.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »

If you look at the snapshot of Democrats, their approval is substantially up, as is the approval of the Independents.  The Republicans disapproved less than they had before.

Even if the composition had been correct (assuming that it's not), it seems to me that his approval would still have gone up quite a bit.
Normally this is good news, but as a Russ Diamond man, this spells doom. Sad
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 10:12:56 PM »

Blagojevich invested in a month-long, multimillion-dollar ad campaign and went from -2% to -6% net disapproval.

^^^^^^^^

Your observation is right on the money. More interesting will be any changes from today's announcement. The gov has been in a box from the threat of Meeks siphoning off critical support from the African-American community and his pledge for no hike to state income or sales tax to relieve property tax and reform education funding. There's a lot of speculation as to the deal that caused Meeks to back out, but most think that it will involve a lease agreement for the tollways.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 01:34:34 AM »

Independents can sometimes lean one way or another way depending on the circumstances, and with the current circumstances its not suprising they would lean Dem.  With that being said the breakdown for using the other internals

Shows rendell at 60% with the March Internals and 61% with the April Internals.  Even if you make the internals 38-32-30, he is still at 59%. (59.2%) a 39-31-30 breakdown would have him % 60% (59.6%)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 02:19:30 AM »

Jodi Rell's Approval Rating has fallen 10 Points since February Smiley Smiley
(I'm just kidding she's okay)

I swear I still don't know who her challengers are besides De Steffano (New Haven Mayor) I suppose it doesn't matter at this point.

Check out the Romney graph lol.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 06:46:23 AM »

On Blagojevich, a good thing for him is that most of his approval deficit stems from the fact that his disapproval rate among Republicans/conservatives is about 10% higher than his approval among Democrats/liberals. Among independents/moderates he still does pretty well.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies