Opinion of my ballot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:00:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of my ballot (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of my ballot
Freedom Ballot

Horrible Ballot

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Opinion of my ballot  (Read 1028 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: September 29, 2020, 12:59:49 AM »

I deduce you have four cats now / you have had four cats in your life?

I remember you posted photographs of Apollo two months ago. I've never seen the others.

Also how boring, you didn't even vote for *one* GOP muh crazy grifter with no chance of winning.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:44:39 AM »

There are only really like 5 positions there that should be elected positions

Really all offices there except president, House Rep, Senator, State senator and State Rep should be appointed or otherwise unelected positions

Even the 2 referendums are in incredibly niche stuff that should be decided by the city council and not voters directly

Purple heart

Never change, tack50.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 05:15:34 AM »

There are only really like 5 positions there that should be elected positions

Really all offices there except president, House Rep, Senator, State senator and State Rep should be appointed or otherwise unelected positions

Even the 2 referendums are in incredibly niche stuff that should be decided by the city council and not voters directly

Purple heart

Never change, tack50.

Lol, complaining about too many elected officed has to be my signature move these days Tongue

You can make it your actual forum signature, given that you don't have one.

By the way yeah lol you know we are on the same train on this. It's just absurd.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »

Its disrespectful to write-in jokes because it creates a ton of work for poll workers of a completely unnecessary level.

If I have understood the rules well write-ins for those positions don't get counted unless they are for a person who has filed for a write-in candidacy, so poll workers presumably will just read the ballot, take a laugh, and move on.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 11:59:02 AM »

Its disrespectful to write-in jokes because it creates a ton of work for poll workers of a completely unnecessary level.
If I have understood the rules well write-ins for those positions don't get counted unless they are for a person who has filed for a write-in candidacy, so poll workers presumably will just read the ballot, take a laugh, and move on.

Which still takes time. Also it depends on the jurisdiction. In many places, write-ins only are tallied if there is a candidate who has filed as a write-in, while in others, write-ins are tallied as a total figure but only are looked into in detail/tallied by candidate if write-ins numerically could have won the election, while in others, all write-ins are carefully detailed.

I was talking about the specific jurisdiction (non-federal elections in Minnesota). In any case this may be 1. an argument against allowing write-ins 2. an argument against having thirty damn judicial elections on one ballot.
I say all of this as someone who was a poll worker for the Italian elections of two weeks ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies