S.20.3.22: Say Her Name Act (Withdrawn)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:17:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.3.22: Say Her Name Act (Withdrawn)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.3.22: Say Her Name Act (Withdrawn)  (Read 230 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 28, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »
« edited: October 03, 2020, 12:20:56 PM by tmthforu94 »

A BILL FOR AN ACT
addressing the wrongful murder of Breonna Taylor

BE IT ENACTED BY THE SOUTHERN CHAMBER RESOLVED.

Section 1, TITLE.
i. The title of this Resolution shall be, the "Say Her Name Resolution."

Section 2, CONDEMNATION.
WHEREAS, on the thirteenth day of March 2020, Southern citizen Breonna Taylor was fatally shot in Louisville, Kentucky;
WHEREAS, the three police officers who allegedly killed her had no reasonable excuse for such actions;
WHEREAS, none of the three men were properly indicted for Taylor’s death;
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Chamber of Delegates:
1. Officially condemns the Louisville Metro Police Department officers responsible for Taylor’s death, being Jonathan Mattingly, Brett Hankison, and Myles Cosgrove.

Section 3, COMPENSATION.
WHEREAS, the Southern Chamber feels deep sorrow for the grieving family of Breonna Taylor;
WHEREAS, no action can truly be taken to fully and completely compensate for what happened in Louisville;
WHEREAS, the Southern Chamber wishes to do whatever it can to aide in this troubling time for the Taylor family;
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Chamber of Delegates:
1. Shall appropriate fourteen million dollars ($14,000,000) from the budget of the Southern Region to the parents of Breonna Taylor.
2. Anticipates to make sure the Taylor family receives this money before the thirteenth (13th) day of March 2022.

Sponsor: Koopa

Minimum 48 hours for debate. The sponsor is invited to advocate for the bill.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 05:13:12 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Speaker. Before I advocate, I'd like to give a small thanks to the governor for helping me proofread.

I'm not going to rewrite War & Peace here, but the main point I want to get across is that what happened to Taylor that morning was unprecedented, and it should in the interest of my fellow delegates to do whatever we can to help out the grieving Taylor family. In accompaniment of the already passed Justice in Policing Act (S.20.3-18), I propose the Say Her Name Act to help with the Taylors in particular.

I chose $14 million for the compensation as I thought it would be justifiable as it's what the City of Louisville paid the Taylors already, and so considering how the South has a lot more in the reserves than the City of Louisville alone, I think we can afford such a number without placing too big a burden on our budget. However, if you have any concerns regarding the number paid or anything else, I'd love to hear.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 05:29:43 PM »

Apologies for not having raised this point earlier - I just became aware of this bill - but for context:

CLARIFICATION / REGIONAL

Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor

For clarification, having taken into account context, Game Engine mechanisms and, in particular, upon review of legislation on the subject of federal warrants (particularly the Policing the Police Act (South, 2018), it is ruled that Ms. Breonna Taylor is alive and well, and remains an NPC resident of Louisville, Kentucky.

It is also ruled that, accounting for context and legislation, Mr. Ahmaud Arbery was killed on Brunswick, Georgia on February 23, 2020. The current suspects (Travis McMichael; Gregory McMichael; William "Roddie" Bryan) were only arrested after five weeks from the shooting. The investigation - including the handling of the case by GCPD and the Brunswick District Attorney's Office - is being now conducted by the FBI.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i feel dumb

motioning for a vote to table, mr. speaker
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 08:07:50 PM »

The quickest way to get this off the floor is for you to withdraw sponsorship. It'll then be off the floor after 48 hours with no sponsor.

For the record, if there were RL and had happened in Atlasia, this would have my support and I thank Koopa for thinking of this.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 10:55:30 PM »

The quickest way to get this off the floor is for you to withdraw sponsorship. It'll then be off the floor after 48 hours with no sponsor.

For the record, if there were RL and had happened in Atlasia, this would have my support and I thank Koopa for thinking of this.

Thank you. I withdraw my sponsorship.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 11:22:25 PM »

Sponsorship has been withdrawn, if no one assumes sponsorship in 48 hours the bill will be taken off the floor and withdrawn.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 12:20:50 PM »

With no delegate assuming sponsorship, the bill has officially been withdrawn.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies