Armenia—Azerbaijan Conflict Aftermath: Discord in Armenia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:15:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Armenia—Azerbaijan Conflict Aftermath: Discord in Armenia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Armenia—Azerbaijan Conflict Aftermath: Discord in Armenia  (Read 12837 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: September 28, 2020, 03:35:43 AM »

America should stand with the people of Armenia, one of the world’s oldest Christian nations and a survivor of persecution and genocide, against the corrupt petrostate of Azerbaijan.

The argument against that is but Russia.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 12:48:38 AM »

Yeah, the not ISIS side is clearly the less bad side regardless of whether they have Putin's support.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2022, 04:11:59 AM »

Azerbaijan is clearly in the wrong here, but they have Israel and Turkey on their side while Armenia has Russia and Iran, so no surprise that the US isn't too interested in helping Armenia.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 05:17:34 AM »

Azerbaijan is clearly in the wrong here, but they have Israel and Turkey on their side while Armenia has Russia and Iran, so no surprise that the US isn't too interested in helping Armenia.

Please, international relations does not operate on simplistic "the friend of my enemy is my enemy" takes. For a start Armenia is only a "friend" of Russia and Iran out of pure necessity. Before coming to power Pashinyan's platform included moving away from Russia towards European integration, you just can't state that position as leader because the country's existence depends on military assistance.

It is about US self-interest in keeping the hydrocarbons flowing, that is all. Indeed, the same reason the Biden administration has tried to do a deal with Iran.

I mean sure it could be not so simplistic like when Russia and the US were 2 of only 7 countries to vote nay along with Armenia on a relevant UN resolution here in 2008. But that was 14 years ago.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 04:11:27 PM »

These countries have some very strange allies... Alliances this weird haven't been seen since the Nigerian Civil War?

I think this one is weirder.

Russia, France, and Israel vs US, UK, Iran, and Sudan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Libyan_Civil_War

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 04:05:56 AM »

https://t.me/sputnik/13169

"Representatives of the CSTO will arrive in Yerevan on the evening of September 15.

"There is no question of using force on the border of Armenia and Azerbaijan.

"This was stated by the head of the Joint Staff of the organization Anatoly Sidorov.

"The application for sending the mission was put forward by Putin. It was supported by all CSTO member states."

Guy invading a country saved a country from being invaded.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies